Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I AM BACK (story about my surgery)

Posted by Jessica k on 3/29/02 at 09:00 (077954)

Hey everyone i just got back from the hospital, I culdn't wait to tell everyone about my experince. I see my best freind Stephanie made a post.:) Well everything went fine. I'll tell you all about it. Well on thursday morning i got up at 6:00 and i was soo nervous i was even hyperventing ( i don't know how to spell it) i couldn't stop crying. At 9:00 i went to the hospital and looked around and changed and just sat with my family and cryed. I had never been more scared in my life. Then i had a student to as one of my nurses she was really cool her name was jen. I was soo happy because she was going to be in the OR with me. I trusted her a lot. Then a nice lady came and we just to a room by the OR and sat and talked then she came and told me they were ready i was crying sooooooooooooo much. My mom wanted to talk to the womenwho was going to put me to sleep Dr yard before the surgery because i wanted to be put to sleep by the gas first. She said that was fine.When i went with the lady i was saying a don't want to, i don't want to. she said i didn'yt have to do it. But i thought i had to. When i got inot the OR all my people were so nice i wasn't scared at all. I asked to talk to the doctor before my surgery they said that was okay. But when the doctor came in they just put the mask over my face i took it off and said you said i could talk to the doctor and they just put the mask back on i was really upset. Soon i was asleep. When i woke up ( 20 mins after my surgery) i was in this weird room and the nurses were talking to me. It was nice. Then they gave me some Medication. It didn't help so I had another kind. Dr Yard put a block on my foot so it didn't hurt til this morning. When i got back to my room i wasn't tired i was kinda hyper. i didn't sleep at all after my surgery til 10:00 that night and i woke up after my surgery at 12:20. I started feeling sick at around 4:00 and a throw up alot. It was sooooo gross. Thats when the three best freinds came (marlee, amber and stef) but i was too sick to even talk to them. After i stopped throwing up i had to go down stairs for X- rays but i was still sick. By the time i was down stairs i was throwing up again but i had toi get the x-rays soo the put me and a bed which made my feel better. And by that time i had two students taking care of me they were only like 20 they were cool to they made me feel bettter. I was there only person to take care of soo they were always in my room hanging out with me. We are kinda like freinds now. When i got up stairs i still wasn't feeling good . So i asked my freinds to leave all i wanted to do was sleep ( but i couldn't) I took a gravel which made me feel better and i didn't throw up any more (thanxs god) then i felt better. My student (kate) made me some soup. And i drank it all. I wasn't drinking so they had to keep the IV in. Then my freind sara came with her mom and we talked her about 20 mins. When they left I asked kate to give the girl across the hall a note i asked her how she was feeling. she was good. then i had a lot of visters. I had to go to the bathroom a lot because of the IV and it hurts to move my foot. Even to let it dangle over my bed. I am in a lot of pain writing with. i still can't walk. It hurts to much i have to hop. It's hard becaise my house had alot of stairs. Also my hole class and they other two classes made me a card and signed it . It was nice. After i started to drink more lindsay my other student took out my IV i was scared but it didn't hurt. Then i few of my family members came and brought teddy bears. Then i went to sleep. the nurses woke me up alot in the night to make me drink and take medication. I didn't like that. My mother stayed with me and by 7:30 in the morning i went home. My baby brother and older sister aren't being very careful around me my sister hit my foot it hurt soooo much. Now i am doing OKAY i guess my foot hurts soo much i have to wait another hour til i can have more medication :( well i am going to go lay down. But before i leave does anyone have any advice about burning. It feels like my foot is burning i can't stand it.

Oh ya i forget to tell you about what they did during the surgery. Well all i know is that they made a V shape then broke and shaved the bone. But i don't any pins or screws. but my foot is burning sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much i can't stand it.
thanxs for reading
Jessica

Re: A funny story to make you smile, Jessica! :-)

Suzanne D on 3/29/02 at 10:31 (077956)

Dear Jessica,

I sometimes don't have time to follow all the boards here, but I looked back and read your posts recently and am glad to hear from you! I hope you continue to heal and improve and that you can get some help for your burning pain.

I can't help with that, but I thought you might get a smile or a laugh from this story I am about to tell you. At the time, much of it was not funny to ME, but I can smile now! :-)

It started with my daughter's FOOT SURGERY. She had been field commander in her high school band, and I imagine you know how much marching and running up and down ladders, etc. that involves. Somehow, she got a tiny broken bone in her foot, near the base of her big toe. This took many doctors and much time to get diagnosed, and many things were tried before surgery.

But, she finally had surgery a year ago last fall in which the bone was 'shaved' where it had grown back together but was jagged, and a nerve was removed which was very much enlarged.

You will be glad to know she is FULLY recovered in every way and will be field commander in her college band next fall!

Anyway, now to the FUNNY part! (I guess you never thought I would get to that!)

After her surgery, she was really 'goofy' acting because of the medication. That evening, we were all home, and my younger daughter and I were going down to the store about 2 miles away. She was wearing a new bright orange jacket. My older daughter who had the surgery had not seen her sister's jacket, and she giggled as we were going out the door and said, 'You look like a deer hunter! You all go and get a deer now!' and laughed a silly laugh.

My other daughter and I got in the car, headed down the road, and before we had gone even a mile, I HIT A DEER which ran out in the road in front of me!!! Can you believe that?

When we got home, my daughter who had the surgery laughed uncontrollably as I broke the bad news to my husband. (Of course, I was driving HIS newer car instead of my old van as luck would have it.)

Well, I just thought you might enjoy my DEER STORY which I will always remember when I think of a young person having foot surgery!

YOu take care, Jessica, and I hope to read soon that you are feeling MUCH better!

Suzanne :-)

Re: I AM BACK (story about my surgery)

Sharon W on 3/29/02 at 10:39 (077958)

Jessica,

It sounds to me like you were very brave to go through with it even though you were really scared. That's really what bravery IS -- you do get scared, but you do it anyway.

I'm mad, too, that after having been promised that you would have a chance to speak to the surgeon that day, he didn't come by your room a little while before to answer your questions. You had gone and talked to the nurses and made it clear that it was important to you to talk to him, so either noone TOLD your Dr. that you wanted to talk to him (and they definitely SHOULD have told him that) or the Dr. just figured he was 'too busy'. Either way it wasn't right, for them to expect you to go through surgery without ever getting your questions answered. When you were in the operating room really WASN'T the right time for talking to him, and that's probably why they put the mask back on -- but your Dr. SHOULD have spoken to you earlier!

I bet you're really glad to have the surgery over with! Like many others, I've been thinking of you and I wish you all the best.

-- Sharon

Laurie R on 3/29/02 at 10:50 (077961)

Dear Jessica , Frist off I am glad you are home . Np matter if you were crying or not , you still did it . Be proud of yourself . Like I have said to you before surgery is scary for anyone no matter the age .

You sound like you have some very wonderful and thoughtful friends . I did not know you were going to stay in the hospital . I think that was good so they could look after you for the first 24 hours. The first day after surgery is the worse . YOu will see that with each day you will feel better. Please have your mom call your doctor so they can give you something for the burning . Their are many meds that can help with that . But Jessica the doctor has to know so he or she can help you ..

I am glad this is behind you now . I wish you a speedy recovery ... Happy Easter and thank you for your post ...

Laurie R .....(((((((((((JESSICA))))))))))))

JudyS on 3/29/02 at 10:55 (077965)

Hey Jess - don't worry about that burning feeling in your foot. It's normal. It sounds like the surgeon did a perfect job for you. You're gonna have several 'wierd' feelings in your foot before it's completely healed so don't be worried about it. Ask your doc what kinds of things should make you worry, then relax about the other things. He probably even sent a sheet of paper home with you telling you what to expect and what to watch for.
Hey - a first surgury for anyone is quite an experience - even a so-called minor one as yours was. So just sit back and cruise for a few days until the swelling goes down and the healing begins.......remember, it takes time.
How old are your brother and sister?

Lisa G on 3/29/02 at 11:37 (077970)

Hi Jessica,
I just started coming to this board and I'm afraid I know know what kind of surgery you had...could you tell me?

Thank you,
Lisa

Pam B on 3/29/02 at 12:20 (077976)

Hi Jessica, it is Pam here........honey that burning is normal and the pain meds should help you.......did they tell you to ice your foot??????? I know they told me to and it helped with the burning alot even with the cast on........you were a very brave young lady and you did what you had to do.......now it is behind you and you have become a stronger girl for what you have been through.......trust me when I tell you that the first day or two after that nerve block wore off were the worst.....but then each day it gets a little better.......just like I told you before, you have to do what they are telling you to do and you have to follow the instructions to the letter.....that is so important so that you will hurt the least amount as possible........it sounds like all went well for you and I am glad to see you are back safe an sound.....now all you have to do is lay back and let your body heal itself.......oh yeah, it might help with the burning if you are keeping your foot propped up on pillows so that they it is way above your hips......that helped me also in addition to the ice.......again, I am glad you are home and the worst is behind you.......you take care and keep us all posted on how you are doing now, OK??????? good luck and I am sure proud of your courage......you did real good :)

Re: Oh, "DEER"; I forgot to say...

Suzanne D on 3/29/02 at 12:25 (077978)

...that the deer got up after I hit it and ran off. We drove around quite a bit afterwards to make sure it wasn't lying somewhere hurt. Evidently, it was not badly injured. I wouldn't want you or anyone else reading the above to think that I find anything funny about hurting any creature...

I just wanted to tell you about my daughter's surgery and how well she recuperated and also to tell you about what happened to me that night.

You get rest and take care!
Suzanne

Re: Re:I am back ( story about my surgery)

Jessica k on 3/29/02 at 16:02 (077994)

hey everyone. The only medication i am taking is tyoinal 3 ( i am not sure if i spelt it right) which isn't helping me at all. And i've had my foot up since i woke up after my surgery and it's still burning. I hope it goes awy soon. The doctor came and saw me and he said i was fine. But i didn't get a sheet with information the nurse asked me if i had one and i said no and she didn't have one so i don't know what to do. I'll get one on tuesday. I have one question. I was hopping up the stairs and the last step i almost fell and i landed on my tippy toes and i really hurt my toe. do you guys think i did something to it. It's fine now but i don't want anything to happen. Since i don't have a big cast only a rap thing so every movement hurts alot. I can't walk at all without it hurting ALOT. But i'll try tomorrow.

Some asked how old my brother and sister were. well my sister is 16 and my baby brother is only 8 months old on the 1st of april. My parents got married young and had my sister young i think they were 17 or 18. So theres a big difference ( but my parents are still together). There both the best sister and brother in the world. :)
thanxs
Jess

BG CPed on 3/29/02 at 18:17 (077997)

See it was not as bad as you thought eh? Dont hop around the hous and do stairs on your butt if you are that unstable. You dont want to trip or loose balance and hit that foot or use it to catch yourself, if you hit it hard enough you can end up having the Doctor fix it AND YOU DONT WANT THAT.

Be a couch potatoe and watch videos, keep your foot above your head on some pillows, the less you move or hop around the less it will hurt

BrianG on 3/29/02 at 18:47 (078001)

Hi Jessica,

Sounds like you had quite a day, and night. The hospital shold be calling you back today, or tomorrow, to see how your doing. If you still hve a lot of pain, or burning, let them know. Laurie was right, they can change your medication, and give you something stronger, or different, that will work better. The pain medicine you are on, Tylanol #3, is a very weak one. It is mostly Tylanol, with a tiny little bit of codeine added in. In some country's you can buy pain meds like these, in a drug store without a perscription. Personally, I think we should be able to do the same in our country.

Anyways, take it easy, and rest. And don't forget to tell the doctor exactlly how you feel. You seem to be mature enough to talk to him yourself, without your parents doing it for you. I know they will want to talk to the doc, but you should be able to also. Actually, it will most likely be a nurse that you'll talk with before your next appointment.

BrianG

Julie on 3/30/02 at 01:44 (078015)

Hello Jessica

And welcome back. That is quite a story: thanks for telling us all about it. I would rather you had been given some information and reassurance beforehand because you would have had a less anxious time, but that wasn't to be, and I'm really sorry about that. It made me sad and angry to hear that you weren't given the chance to talk to the doctor before he operated!

But it's over now, and you've done really well. And look at all the new friends you've made here at heelspurs. That has to be a blessing.

Now give yourself time to heal. NO HOPPING!!!! Do as BG says, and if you absolutely HAVE to go downstairs, go on your bottom. Better still, stay still.

I wish you all the very best for a speedy recovery, Jess. Keep posting, because everyone here cares about you and wants to know how you get on.

Jessica K on 3/30/02 at 08:25 (078019)

hey everyone. I woke up in the morning and walked right away not even noticing i was walking my foot is much better. But it hurts alitle now when i walk but i am trying not to. Just hopping around and going up and down stairs on my bum. don't worrie i am not up that much. Now every three hours i am taking one Tylonal 3 and two ibuprofen's. The tylonal 3's weren't helping at all so my mom called the doctor and asked it i could take Ibuprofen to and they said thats fine. It has helped a lot. And the burning has went away. This morning i had bath. It felt great. But i had to do it on my own so it was pretty hard to get in and out with one leg. Well i am due for medication ( actually i am 15 mins over my due time) soo i better go.
thanxs
buh bye
jessica

JudyS on 3/30/02 at 10:23 (078033)

Jessica - boy, I sure hope you're leaving the hopping up to the Easter Bunny today. As a mom, I'm a bit concerned that you did your bath on your own......that's kind of dangerous when you only have control of one foot. I'll bet you're anxious to just get to your 'normal' routine, aren't you?
But hey, trust us on this, it's OK to lay around and let your sis wait on you for a couple more days......you've got a ton of life to look forward to and there's no need to jeopardize the future of your sore foot - it's really gonna take some time to heal all the way - even when it's feeling better.

Jessica K on 3/30/02 at 12:49 (078049)

Don't be concerned about me getting in the bath, my mom wanted to help but i didn't want her to. It's not that hard. i didn't even come close to falling. My parents are being soo nice about my surgery. They always asking if i need help or if i am hungry and if i am they will make me anything. Even if i want Mc donalds or wendy's they will go get it. I love having all this addtention hehehe. All my freinds are being great. And my mom said since i am doing so good, with getting around i could maybe go to the farm on tuesday ( only if i am ok tho) Well my freind stef is over helping me while my parents are gone out for a hour. They wanted me to come but i thought it would be to hard on my foot. soo i am going to go thanxs for replying.
love Jessica

Jessica on 4/06/02 at 10:59 (078672)

hey.. everyone.... great news the doctor told me (5 days after surgery) that i was heeling really fast. I got my staples out 8 days after and now i can walk perfectly.:) In two weeks now i am going to see the doctor and he said i should be back to riding sooner then he thought, isn't that awesome.

thanxs
jessica

jessica k on 4/07/02 at 16:01 (078751)

lol no one loves me anymore just kidden. No one is replying.. hehehe

Re: A funny story to make you smile, Jessica! :-)

Suzanne D on 3/29/02 at 10:31 (077956)

Dear Jessica,

I sometimes don't have time to follow all the boards here, but I looked back and read your posts recently and am glad to hear from you! I hope you continue to heal and improve and that you can get some help for your burning pain.

I can't help with that, but I thought you might get a smile or a laugh from this story I am about to tell you. At the time, much of it was not funny to ME, but I can smile now! :-)

It started with my daughter's FOOT SURGERY. She had been field commander in her high school band, and I imagine you know how much marching and running up and down ladders, etc. that involves. Somehow, she got a tiny broken bone in her foot, near the base of her big toe. This took many doctors and much time to get diagnosed, and many things were tried before surgery.

But, she finally had surgery a year ago last fall in which the bone was 'shaved' where it had grown back together but was jagged, and a nerve was removed which was very much enlarged.

You will be glad to know she is FULLY recovered in every way and will be field commander in her college band next fall!

Anyway, now to the FUNNY part! (I guess you never thought I would get to that!)

After her surgery, she was really 'goofy' acting because of the medication. That evening, we were all home, and my younger daughter and I were going down to the store about 2 miles away. She was wearing a new bright orange jacket. My older daughter who had the surgery had not seen her sister's jacket, and she giggled as we were going out the door and said, 'You look like a deer hunter! You all go and get a deer now!' and laughed a silly laugh.

My other daughter and I got in the car, headed down the road, and before we had gone even a mile, I HIT A DEER which ran out in the road in front of me!!! Can you believe that?

When we got home, my daughter who had the surgery laughed uncontrollably as I broke the bad news to my husband. (Of course, I was driving HIS newer car instead of my old van as luck would have it.)

Well, I just thought you might enjoy my DEER STORY which I will always remember when I think of a young person having foot surgery!

YOu take care, Jessica, and I hope to read soon that you are feeling MUCH better!

Suzanne :-)

Sharon W on 3/29/02 at 10:39 (077958)

Jessica,

It sounds to me like you were very brave to go through with it even though you were really scared. That's really what bravery IS -- you do get scared, but you do it anyway.

I'm mad, too, that after having been promised that you would have a chance to speak to the surgeon that day, he didn't come by your room a little while before to answer your questions. You had gone and talked to the nurses and made it clear that it was important to you to talk to him, so either noone TOLD your Dr. that you wanted to talk to him (and they definitely SHOULD have told him that) or the Dr. just figured he was 'too busy'. Either way it wasn't right, for them to expect you to go through surgery without ever getting your questions answered. When you were in the operating room really WASN'T the right time for talking to him, and that's probably why they put the mask back on -- but your Dr. SHOULD have spoken to you earlier!

I bet you're really glad to have the surgery over with! Like many others, I've been thinking of you and I wish you all the best.

-- Sharon

Laurie R on 3/29/02 at 10:50 (077961)

Dear Jessica , Frist off I am glad you are home . Np matter if you were crying or not , you still did it . Be proud of yourself . Like I have said to you before surgery is scary for anyone no matter the age .

You sound like you have some very wonderful and thoughtful friends . I did not know you were going to stay in the hospital . I think that was good so they could look after you for the first 24 hours. The first day after surgery is the worse . YOu will see that with each day you will feel better. Please have your mom call your doctor so they can give you something for the burning . Their are many meds that can help with that . But Jessica the doctor has to know so he or she can help you ..

I am glad this is behind you now . I wish you a speedy recovery ... Happy Easter and thank you for your post ...

Laurie R .....(((((((((((JESSICA))))))))))))

JudyS on 3/29/02 at 10:55 (077965)

Hey Jess - don't worry about that burning feeling in your foot. It's normal. It sounds like the surgeon did a perfect job for you. You're gonna have several 'wierd' feelings in your foot before it's completely healed so don't be worried about it. Ask your doc what kinds of things should make you worry, then relax about the other things. He probably even sent a sheet of paper home with you telling you what to expect and what to watch for.
Hey - a first surgury for anyone is quite an experience - even a so-called minor one as yours was. So just sit back and cruise for a few days until the swelling goes down and the healing begins.......remember, it takes time.
How old are your brother and sister?

Lisa G on 3/29/02 at 11:37 (077970)

Hi Jessica,
I just started coming to this board and I'm afraid I know know what kind of surgery you had...could you tell me?

Thank you,
Lisa

Pam B on 3/29/02 at 12:20 (077976)

Hi Jessica, it is Pam here........honey that burning is normal and the pain meds should help you.......did they tell you to ice your foot??????? I know they told me to and it helped with the burning alot even with the cast on........you were a very brave young lady and you did what you had to do.......now it is behind you and you have become a stronger girl for what you have been through.......trust me when I tell you that the first day or two after that nerve block wore off were the worst.....but then each day it gets a little better.......just like I told you before, you have to do what they are telling you to do and you have to follow the instructions to the letter.....that is so important so that you will hurt the least amount as possible........it sounds like all went well for you and I am glad to see you are back safe an sound.....now all you have to do is lay back and let your body heal itself.......oh yeah, it might help with the burning if you are keeping your foot propped up on pillows so that they it is way above your hips......that helped me also in addition to the ice.......again, I am glad you are home and the worst is behind you.......you take care and keep us all posted on how you are doing now, OK??????? good luck and I am sure proud of your courage......you did real good :)

Re: Oh, "DEER"; I forgot to say...

Suzanne D on 3/29/02 at 12:25 (077978)

...that the deer got up after I hit it and ran off. We drove around quite a bit afterwards to make sure it wasn't lying somewhere hurt. Evidently, it was not badly injured. I wouldn't want you or anyone else reading the above to think that I find anything funny about hurting any creature...

I just wanted to tell you about my daughter's surgery and how well she recuperated and also to tell you about what happened to me that night.

You get rest and take care!
Suzanne

Re: Re:I am back ( story about my surgery)

Jessica k on 3/29/02 at 16:02 (077994)

hey everyone. The only medication i am taking is tyoinal 3 ( i am not sure if i spelt it right) which isn't helping me at all. And i've had my foot up since i woke up after my surgery and it's still burning. I hope it goes awy soon. The doctor came and saw me and he said i was fine. But i didn't get a sheet with information the nurse asked me if i had one and i said no and she didn't have one so i don't know what to do. I'll get one on tuesday. I have one question. I was hopping up the stairs and the last step i almost fell and i landed on my tippy toes and i really hurt my toe. do you guys think i did something to it. It's fine now but i don't want anything to happen. Since i don't have a big cast only a rap thing so every movement hurts alot. I can't walk at all without it hurting ALOT. But i'll try tomorrow.

Some asked how old my brother and sister were. well my sister is 16 and my baby brother is only 8 months old on the 1st of april. My parents got married young and had my sister young i think they were 17 or 18. So theres a big difference ( but my parents are still together). There both the best sister and brother in the world. :)
thanxs
Jess

BG CPed on 3/29/02 at 18:17 (077997)

See it was not as bad as you thought eh? Dont hop around the hous and do stairs on your butt if you are that unstable. You dont want to trip or loose balance and hit that foot or use it to catch yourself, if you hit it hard enough you can end up having the Doctor fix it AND YOU DONT WANT THAT.

Be a couch potatoe and watch videos, keep your foot above your head on some pillows, the less you move or hop around the less it will hurt

BrianG on 3/29/02 at 18:47 (078001)

Hi Jessica,

Sounds like you had quite a day, and night. The hospital shold be calling you back today, or tomorrow, to see how your doing. If you still hve a lot of pain, or burning, let them know. Laurie was right, they can change your medication, and give you something stronger, or different, that will work better. The pain medicine you are on, Tylanol #3, is a very weak one. It is mostly Tylanol, with a tiny little bit of codeine added in. In some country's you can buy pain meds like these, in a drug store without a perscription. Personally, I think we should be able to do the same in our country.

Anyways, take it easy, and rest. And don't forget to tell the doctor exactlly how you feel. You seem to be mature enough to talk to him yourself, without your parents doing it for you. I know they will want to talk to the doc, but you should be able to also. Actually, it will most likely be a nurse that you'll talk with before your next appointment.

BrianG

Julie on 3/30/02 at 01:44 (078015)

Hello Jessica

And welcome back. That is quite a story: thanks for telling us all about it. I would rather you had been given some information and reassurance beforehand because you would have had a less anxious time, but that wasn't to be, and I'm really sorry about that. It made me sad and angry to hear that you weren't given the chance to talk to the doctor before he operated!

But it's over now, and you've done really well. And look at all the new friends you've made here at heelspurs. That has to be a blessing.

Now give yourself time to heal. NO HOPPING!!!! Do as BG says, and if you absolutely HAVE to go downstairs, go on your bottom. Better still, stay still.

I wish you all the very best for a speedy recovery, Jess. Keep posting, because everyone here cares about you and wants to know how you get on.

Jessica K on 3/30/02 at 08:25 (078019)

hey everyone. I woke up in the morning and walked right away not even noticing i was walking my foot is much better. But it hurts alitle now when i walk but i am trying not to. Just hopping around and going up and down stairs on my bum. don't worrie i am not up that much. Now every three hours i am taking one Tylonal 3 and two ibuprofen's. The tylonal 3's weren't helping at all so my mom called the doctor and asked it i could take Ibuprofen to and they said thats fine. It has helped a lot. And the burning has went away. This morning i had bath. It felt great. But i had to do it on my own so it was pretty hard to get in and out with one leg. Well i am due for medication ( actually i am 15 mins over my due time) soo i better go.
thanxs
buh bye
jessica

JudyS on 3/30/02 at 10:23 (078033)

Jessica - boy, I sure hope you're leaving the hopping up to the Easter Bunny today. As a mom, I'm a bit concerned that you did your bath on your own......that's kind of dangerous when you only have control of one foot. I'll bet you're anxious to just get to your 'normal' routine, aren't you?
But hey, trust us on this, it's OK to lay around and let your sis wait on you for a couple more days......you've got a ton of life to look forward to and there's no need to jeopardize the future of your sore foot - it's really gonna take some time to heal all the way - even when it's feeling better.

Jessica K on 3/30/02 at 12:49 (078049)

Don't be concerned about me getting in the bath, my mom wanted to help but i didn't want her to. It's not that hard. i didn't even come close to falling. My parents are being soo nice about my surgery. They always asking if i need help or if i am hungry and if i am they will make me anything. Even if i want Mc donalds or wendy's they will go get it. I love having all this addtention hehehe. All my freinds are being great. And my mom said since i am doing so good, with getting around i could maybe go to the farm on tuesday ( only if i am ok tho) Well my freind stef is over helping me while my parents are gone out for a hour. They wanted me to come but i thought it would be to hard on my foot. soo i am going to go thanxs for replying.
love Jessica

Jessica on 4/06/02 at 10:59 (078672)

hey.. everyone.... great news the doctor told me (5 days after surgery) that i was heeling really fast. I got my staples out 8 days after and now i can walk perfectly.:) In two weeks now i am going to see the doctor and he said i should be back to riding sooner then he thought, isn't that awesome.

thanxs
jessica

jessica k on 4/07/02 at 16:01 (078751)

lol no one loves me anymore just kidden. No one is replying.. hehehe