Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

therapy

Posted by trish e on 3/30/02 at 08:43 (078021)

would like to know if anyone going to therapy has had an reaction of dizziness or equal libreiam off,after the first treatment,shooting sharp pain in incision,is this a normal reaction to therapy,would appricate some feed back on this please !

Re: therapy

EKC on 3/31/02 at 06:55 (078086)

Are you talking PHysical Therapy?
I had EPF and 5 months of Physical Therapy and did not experience
any dizziness, etc.

trish e on 4/08/02 at 10:19 (078814)

well its been almost 2 months now since my surgery,still have swelling going to therapy 2 days aweek they are doing tissue massage and stretching and had me go back to using one crouch since i still have alot of pain putting full presure on it.i really need to get back to work but i don,t know if i can stand and walk the halls for 12 hours,would like to know if anyone who has had this surgery when they felt good enough to return to full work load.

Barbara S. on 4/08/02 at 16:36 (078842)

Hi Trish
I've only been on for a week or so,so what surgery did you have? I had pf surgery in late NOv. I have been off since Dec in great deal of pain and now told I have Tarsel TUnnel and will be having surgery on May 22. I have a desk job,but it is my right foot can't drive much ,25 min. drive one way to work,plus if I let my foot hang, it swells and the pain goes up my leg into my thigh. So I take pain pills all day. I sit with my foot up most of the day except for 1/2hr here and there. I can't imagine having to walk or stand all day. I can barely make it through our Church Service on Sundays.
I'm seeing my primary care Physcian APril 9, as I'm getting pretty depressed about this and Have gained 25lbs sitting around.Was use to walking 4-6 miles a day everyday of the week and more on weekends.
I have mixed feelings about this Tarsel surgery because of things I have read here,plus Ortho Surgeon says there are no guarantees. Pd Doc said ORho does alot of these Surgerys and is one of the best in our area(MIlw WIs) I was told 4-6wks off my foot and up to 6months recovery if all goes well.
So I wish you the best and good luck going back to work. Barbara S

Sarah T on 4/08/02 at 19:42 (078859)

Hi Trish - what kind of surgery did you have? I had the pf-spur removal with the open procedure on 12-21-01. I am also still in a lot of pain. I now have a VERY weak ankle that requires me to wear a lace up brace and my heel hurts a lot! I also have pf/spur on my other foot and at this point I think I'm better off not to have surgery on it. I don't know what to do. Some people say it takes about 6 months to recover but I just don't forsee it happening. I am back to work but only work part time - preschool teacher 3 mornings per week. I am very busy though and do not stay off my foot as much as I should. I have 2 children still at home and also take care of 2 elderly relatives. It's just hard to slow down. I just wonder if it would help to stay off my foot or if it would make any difference at all. I'm very dicouraged. If anyone has a miracle answer I sure would love to hear it. -- Sarah

trish e on 4/08/02 at 20:03 (078863)

hi barbara,thank you for your reply,i had tts and the fashia release on 2/26/of this year,my recovery has been interesting to say the least,sergery went well but now 2 months later having alot of swelling and the same foot pain i had before my sergery,i go back to my dr on the 12 of tthis month,i go to therapy 3 times aweek because i have a thick tissue building up they put me back on using 1 croutch to releive pressure cause when full weight is on the pain is bad.so thats alittle of my story,i will say iam not sorry i had the sergery donei just can,t tell if this is the same pain as before or this is post op pain,i work as a tech in a hospital 12 hrs a day and i love my job,i have to return by the 26th of may or i will loose my curent position on my unit.thats why i was curios if anyone new the answer to my ?.well keep me posted on what happens with you and stay with a positive attitude and things will work out,trust and talk alot to your dr.have a good day

trish e on 4/08/02 at 20:11 (078864)

hi sarah,just a short note to say ty for responding,i had tts and that fashia mine to was open precedure on the 26 of feb,having alot of heel pain burning,hurts to apply full weight but my jog is 12 hrs a day constantly on my feet,don,t think i can do it,i totally agree with you about the miriacle i sure need one to.stay in touch and good luck

Barbara S. on 4/08/02 at 20:15 (078865)

Hi Sarah I have been off my feet pretty much since Sept,2001 had pf surgery late Nov. Went back to work for 2 days couldn't stand the pain so my pd has had me off of work(I have a desk job) of 4 months now while we tried tons of conservative treatment nothing worked and emg test done for tarsel tunnel Feb 28 test positive so now I am having tarsel tunnel surgery on April 22nd. I have noticed the past couple of weeks my left foot is starting to hurt, but this could be because I put most of my weight on that foot now. I am hoping things get better,but I heard it can take up to 1yr. Lotza Luck Barbara S

Sarah T on 4/08/02 at 20:46 (078872)

Hey Barbara - What are the symptoms of tarsel tunnel? I just don't know what my problem is. I just feel like this is something I'm going to have to live with for the rest of my life. It's so discouraging! My podiatrist thinks I am doing fine and thinks it will just take time to heal. I just don't know. I had originally planned to have surgery on my other foot at the beginnng of the summer since I will be off work from the end of May til Sept. Now I'm not so sure. I wonder if I'm over doing it. I wonder if going back to the brace/boot cast would help. ? - Sarah

Re: Tarsel Tunnel

Barbara S. on 4/09/02 at 08:41 (078905)

Hi Sarah T Here is a website you can check out http://www.efn.org/~opal/tarsal1.html There is alot of info and pictures I found this very interesting. For me I have tingling down my foot if you tap by the ankle bone., but I also have pain in my heel and up my leg. The Ball of my foot and toes are constantly numb and tingling.
Me too I feel like I'm never going to be without pain. By the time I get up to the bathroom thing and have breakfast I'm in severe pain, take pain bill put ice on it and go sit in my recliner foot elevated. THis at least will numb the pain,til I get up again. I have been off of work for 4 months now, my work is not paying me right now,they say I can sit at work in pain just as well as at home. My disabilty center is not agreeing with my Dr. I may have to get a lawyer and fight for my pay. I guess this is what you get when you give a place 25yrs of you life and some of what I have read desk jobs can contribute to feet problems. I just hang in there and pray that this Tarsel Surgery is going to work on April 22. Have to sit around for a few more weeks. Hopefully in 3 more months I'll be walking my dogs some again. Well good luck with you. God Bless. Barbara

Sarah T on 4/09/02 at 12:16 (078933)

Thanks Barbara - I checked out that website. I don't think that I have TTS - ONE thing to be thankful for! Ha! I can't imagine having the financial worries on top of all this. Thank goodness I just work part time. I wouldn't blame you for getting a lawyer, you just can't work somewhere 25 years and be treated like that. That's the way it is nowadays. It used to mean something to have 25 years service somewhere and now it doesn't. I sure hope your surgery goes well and helps you. God Bless you too. I pray for everyone who suffers from this pain. I feel like I'm just at a stand-still on my recovery. I just don't see how more time is going to help. We'll see. -Sarah

EKC on 3/31/02 at 06:55 (078086)

Are you talking PHysical Therapy?
I had EPF and 5 months of Physical Therapy and did not experience
any dizziness, etc.

trish e on 4/08/02 at 10:19 (078814)

well its been almost 2 months now since my surgery,still have swelling going to therapy 2 days aweek they are doing tissue massage and stretching and had me go back to using one crouch since i still have alot of pain putting full presure on it.i really need to get back to work but i don,t know if i can stand and walk the halls for 12 hours,would like to know if anyone who has had this surgery when they felt good enough to return to full work load.

Barbara S. on 4/08/02 at 16:36 (078842)

Hi Trish
I've only been on for a week or so,so what surgery did you have? I had pf surgery in late NOv. I have been off since Dec in great deal of pain and now told I have Tarsel TUnnel and will be having surgery on May 22. I have a desk job,but it is my right foot can't drive much ,25 min. drive one way to work,plus if I let my foot hang, it swells and the pain goes up my leg into my thigh. So I take pain pills all day. I sit with my foot up most of the day except for 1/2hr here and there. I can't imagine having to walk or stand all day. I can barely make it through our Church Service on Sundays.
I'm seeing my primary care Physcian APril 9, as I'm getting pretty depressed about this and Have gained 25lbs sitting around.Was use to walking 4-6 miles a day everyday of the week and more on weekends.
I have mixed feelings about this Tarsel surgery because of things I have read here,plus Ortho Surgeon says there are no guarantees. Pd Doc said ORho does alot of these Surgerys and is one of the best in our area(MIlw WIs) I was told 4-6wks off my foot and up to 6months recovery if all goes well.
So I wish you the best and good luck going back to work. Barbara S

Sarah T on 4/08/02 at 19:42 (078859)

Hi Trish - what kind of surgery did you have? I had the pf-spur removal with the open procedure on 12-21-01. I am also still in a lot of pain. I now have a VERY weak ankle that requires me to wear a lace up brace and my heel hurts a lot! I also have pf/spur on my other foot and at this point I think I'm better off not to have surgery on it. I don't know what to do. Some people say it takes about 6 months to recover but I just don't forsee it happening. I am back to work but only work part time - preschool teacher 3 mornings per week. I am very busy though and do not stay off my foot as much as I should. I have 2 children still at home and also take care of 2 elderly relatives. It's just hard to slow down. I just wonder if it would help to stay off my foot or if it would make any difference at all. I'm very dicouraged. If anyone has a miracle answer I sure would love to hear it. -- Sarah

trish e on 4/08/02 at 20:03 (078863)

hi barbara,thank you for your reply,i had tts and the fashia release on 2/26/of this year,my recovery has been interesting to say the least,sergery went well but now 2 months later having alot of swelling and the same foot pain i had before my sergery,i go back to my dr on the 12 of tthis month,i go to therapy 3 times aweek because i have a thick tissue building up they put me back on using 1 croutch to releive pressure cause when full weight is on the pain is bad.so thats alittle of my story,i will say iam not sorry i had the sergery donei just can,t tell if this is the same pain as before or this is post op pain,i work as a tech in a hospital 12 hrs a day and i love my job,i have to return by the 26th of may or i will loose my curent position on my unit.thats why i was curios if anyone new the answer to my ?.well keep me posted on what happens with you and stay with a positive attitude and things will work out,trust and talk alot to your dr.have a good day

trish e on 4/08/02 at 20:11 (078864)

hi sarah,just a short note to say ty for responding,i had tts and that fashia mine to was open precedure on the 26 of feb,having alot of heel pain burning,hurts to apply full weight but my jog is 12 hrs a day constantly on my feet,don,t think i can do it,i totally agree with you about the miriacle i sure need one to.stay in touch and good luck

Barbara S. on 4/08/02 at 20:15 (078865)

Hi Sarah I have been off my feet pretty much since Sept,2001 had pf surgery late Nov. Went back to work for 2 days couldn't stand the pain so my pd has had me off of work(I have a desk job) of 4 months now while we tried tons of conservative treatment nothing worked and emg test done for tarsel tunnel Feb 28 test positive so now I am having tarsel tunnel surgery on April 22nd. I have noticed the past couple of weeks my left foot is starting to hurt, but this could be because I put most of my weight on that foot now. I am hoping things get better,but I heard it can take up to 1yr. Lotza Luck Barbara S

Sarah T on 4/08/02 at 20:46 (078872)

Hey Barbara - What are the symptoms of tarsel tunnel? I just don't know what my problem is. I just feel like this is something I'm going to have to live with for the rest of my life. It's so discouraging! My podiatrist thinks I am doing fine and thinks it will just take time to heal. I just don't know. I had originally planned to have surgery on my other foot at the beginnng of the summer since I will be off work from the end of May til Sept. Now I'm not so sure. I wonder if I'm over doing it. I wonder if going back to the brace/boot cast would help. ? - Sarah

Barbara S. on 4/09/02 at 08:41 (078905)

Hi Sarah T Here is a website you can check out http://www.efn.org/~opal/tarsal1.html There is alot of info and pictures I found this very interesting. For me I have tingling down my foot if you tap by the ankle bone., but I also have pain in my heel and up my leg. The Ball of my foot and toes are constantly numb and tingling.
Me too I feel like I'm never going to be without pain. By the time I get up to the bathroom thing and have breakfast I'm in severe pain, take pain bill put ice on it and go sit in my recliner foot elevated. THis at least will numb the pain,til I get up again. I have been off of work for 4 months now, my work is not paying me right now,they say I can sit at work in pain just as well as at home. My disabilty center is not agreeing with my Dr. I may have to get a lawyer and fight for my pay. I guess this is what you get when you give a place 25yrs of you life and some of what I have read desk jobs can contribute to feet problems. I just hang in there and pray that this Tarsel Surgery is going to work on April 22. Have to sit around for a few more weeks. Hopefully in 3 more months I'll be walking my dogs some again. Well good luck with you. God Bless. Barbara

Sarah T on 4/09/02 at 12:16 (078933)

Thanks Barbara - I checked out that website. I don't think that I have TTS - ONE thing to be thankful for! Ha! I can't imagine having the financial worries on top of all this. Thank goodness I just work part time. I wouldn't blame you for getting a lawyer, you just can't work somewhere 25 years and be treated like that. That's the way it is nowadays. It used to mean something to have 25 years service somewhere and now it doesn't. I sure hope your surgery goes well and helps you. God Bless you too. I pray for everyone who suffers from this pain. I feel like I'm just at a stand-still on my recovery. I just don't see how more time is going to help. We'll see. -Sarah