Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pulling the Plug-Judy

Posted by John h on 3/30/02 at 10:56 (078036)

This gives new meaning to 'pulling the plug' Judy. When the guy pulled my plug his wife was on the stairmaster next to me and could see that I was profusely sweating and in mortal pain as I struggled to make the complete hour. When her hubby pulled the plug I think she realized that this was no small deal to me and appologized on his behalf. He just hopped on another stairmaster and said 'sorry dude'!

P.S: they are now divorced and she is a personal trainer so their is justice in the world. He is a dentist.

Re: Pulling the Plug-Judy

Carole C in NOLA on 3/30/02 at 13:24 (078051)

Yet one more reason why I would rather exercise on my own rather than at a gym!

Speaking of which, I'm doing great with my recumbent bike. I've been riding it every day, with this being day four and no bad effects on my PF so far. And (Suzanne will appreciate this) guess who was standing in line with a cart full of groceries at the only Super Walmart in metro New Orleans, at noon on the day before Easter? Yep, that was me, and doing fine. Pretty soon I'll be launching my posts here with 'Back when I had PF...' There is light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm getting there. :)

Carole C

Re: Yay, Carole!!!

Suzanne D on 3/30/02 at 15:42 (078065)

Just think, Carole...Before Christmas it was only a dream to be going to Wal-Mart. Now, before Easter, you're standing in line with a cart full at noon, even! What a success story! And, if I may say so, your positive never-say-die attitude accounts for part of your success as well as your unquenchable desire to learn and do all the right things for your feet. You are an inspiration to all of us!

Today at noon I thought of you as my husband and daughter and I went in to a new little fast food place near us called Popeye's. They have 'cajun style' chicken(I know it probably is not close to the real thing, but it's a close here as we'll get!) and best of all, for me, they were playing 'Louisiana Bayou music', or so I call it, which I really like. I thought to myself that whenever I go there, I will always think of Carole!

Happy Easter to you, and thanks for the nice comments on the Social Board!
Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/30/02 at 20:25 (078077)

Suzanne, some of my Cajun friends over near Rich in Lafayette say that Popeyes has the best red beans and rice. They ought to know! I haven't ever tried that at Popeyes, but I used to love their spicy fried chicken. Now that I'm back to losing weight (lost almost 6 pounds this week! mostly water) I decided not to eat Popeyes for a while. I can make my own red beans and rice, and lose weight on it, and my chicken is grilled instead of fried these days. I do love the music you are talking about!

Thanks for all the compliments. Like all of us, I wanted to do everything possible to help my feet recover, so I tried everything I could unless someone here said it could make me worse. I've learned so much from you and from others on this board.

Carole C

Carmen H on 4/02/02 at 15:00 (078260)

And now we can be absolutely sure Julie hasn't lost her marbles. ;-)
cute article!

Re: Popeye's and Bayou music...

Rich on 4/03/02 at 08:17 (078326)

Suzanne...Popeye's is a popular chain serving spicy fried chicken and red beans w/rice! My husband loves it! Of course, it comes with a price if you want clogged arteries! LOL Not many care, because there are locations everywhere! I prefer KFC when I indulge! Guess I'm not as 'Cajun' as the rest!

If you like 'bayou music'...try KBON 101.1 FM (Eunice, LA) on your computer. My husband plays it and we advertise on it too! I think a beer is mandatory while listening??? LOL

Suzanne D on 4/03/02 at 08:47 (078338)

Popeye's is new to us here. I did not order the spicy version but liked what I got. Sometime I just might try it! :-)

Here in Kentucky, of course we have had KFC since I was a little girl. It's good, too, but I prefer fried chicken I fix at home although I don't fix it often because of the artery clogging you spoke of!

I was born in Norfolk, VA, then moved to New Orleans when I was 2 and 1/2 and lived there for 6 months. My parents were both from KY, and when Daddy got a chance with his job, we moved near where they were from when I was 3. I have always, though, been curious about Virginia and Louisiana, never having had the chance to go back to either place.

Many people comment on my southern/country accent which I guess is somewhat different from others here. (I don't know; I don't hear myself talk as others do!) My mother used to say that I picked up some from Virginia and some from Louisiana and mixed it all with the Kentucky accent, and that explains it. I've just always been curious about those two places I lived yet don't remember!

Re: Accents

Rich on 4/03/02 at 15:26 (078373)

Do I sound like I have a Southern Accent? LOL

Suzanne D on 4/03/02 at 19:15 (078392)

No; I don't remember you writing 'you all' like I do, Rich! :-)

That's one of the nice things about the message board: no one hears me talk!

Suzanne

Re: Pulling the Plug-Judy

Carole C in NOLA on 3/30/02 at 13:24 (078051)

Yet one more reason why I would rather exercise on my own rather than at a gym!

Speaking of which, I'm doing great with my recumbent bike. I've been riding it every day, with this being day four and no bad effects on my PF so far. And (Suzanne will appreciate this) guess who was standing in line with a cart full of groceries at the only Super Walmart in metro New Orleans, at noon on the day before Easter? Yep, that was me, and doing fine. Pretty soon I'll be launching my posts here with 'Back when I had PF...' There is light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm getting there. :)

Carole C

Suzanne D on 3/30/02 at 15:42 (078065)

Just think, Carole...Before Christmas it was only a dream to be going to Wal-Mart. Now, before Easter, you're standing in line with a cart full at noon, even! What a success story! And, if I may say so, your positive never-say-die attitude accounts for part of your success as well as your unquenchable desire to learn and do all the right things for your feet. You are an inspiration to all of us!

Today at noon I thought of you as my husband and daughter and I went in to a new little fast food place near us called Popeye's. They have 'cajun style' chicken(I know it probably is not close to the real thing, but it's a close here as we'll get!) and best of all, for me, they were playing 'Louisiana Bayou music', or so I call it, which I really like. I thought to myself that whenever I go there, I will always think of Carole!

Happy Easter to you, and thanks for the nice comments on the Social Board!

Carole C in NOLA on 3/30/02 at 20:25 (078077)

Suzanne, some of my Cajun friends over near Rich in Lafayette say that Popeyes has the best red beans and rice. They ought to know! I haven't ever tried that at Popeyes, but I used to love their spicy fried chicken. Now that I'm back to losing weight (lost almost 6 pounds this week! mostly water) I decided not to eat Popeyes for a while. I can make my own red beans and rice, and lose weight on it, and my chicken is grilled instead of fried these days. I do love the music you are talking about!

Thanks for all the compliments. Like all of us, I wanted to do everything possible to help my feet recover, so I tried everything I could unless someone here said it could make me worse. I've learned so much from you and from others on this board.

Carole C

Carmen H on 4/02/02 at 15:00 (078260)

And now we can be absolutely sure Julie hasn't lost her marbles. ;-)
cute article!

Rich on 4/03/02 at 08:17 (078326)

Suzanne...Popeye's is a popular chain serving spicy fried chicken and red beans w/rice! My husband loves it! Of course, it comes with a price if you want clogged arteries! LOL Not many care, because there are locations everywhere! I prefer KFC when I indulge! Guess I'm not as 'Cajun' as the rest!

If you like 'bayou music'...try KBON 101.1 FM (Eunice, LA) on your computer. My husband plays it and we advertise on it too! I think a beer is mandatory while listening??? LOL

Suzanne D on 4/03/02 at 08:47 (078338)

Popeye's is new to us here. I did not order the spicy version but liked what I got. Sometime I just might try it! :-)

Here in Kentucky, of course we have had KFC since I was a little girl. It's good, too, but I prefer fried chicken I fix at home although I don't fix it often because of the artery clogging you spoke of!

I was born in Norfolk, VA, then moved to New Orleans when I was 2 and 1/2 and lived there for 6 months. My parents were both from KY, and when Daddy got a chance with his job, we moved near where they were from when I was 3. I have always, though, been curious about Virginia and Louisiana, never having had the chance to go back to either place.

Many people comment on my southern/country accent which I guess is somewhat different from others here. (I don't know; I don't hear myself talk as others do!) My mother used to say that I picked up some from Virginia and some from Louisiana and mixed it all with the Kentucky accent, and that explains it. I've just always been curious about those two places I lived yet don't remember!

Rich on 4/03/02 at 15:26 (078373)

Do I sound like I have a Southern Accent? LOL

Suzanne D on 4/03/02 at 19:15 (078392)

No; I don't remember you writing 'you all' like I do, Rich! :-)

That's one of the nice things about the message board: no one hears me talk!

Suzanne