Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

LATERAL CALCANEOUS AND ACHILLES DISCOMFORT

Posted by pATTI n on 3/30/02 at 11:19 (078039)

tWO AND A HALF MONTHS AGO, HAD SWELLING MOSTLY IN AND AROUND MY RIGHT ANKLE FOLLOW PUSHING A WEIGHT MACHINE WITH MY LEGS (40# ?) AND FOLLOWING STRETCHING, THEN WALKING ON THE TREADMIL FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES @ 5.0, WHEN NORMALLY i WALK AT 4.2 AT THE MOST. i AM A 51 YO FEMALE AND NO OTHER HEALTH ISSUES BESIDES A LITTLE ARTHRITIS HERE AND THERE. i HAVE NOT WORKED ON THE TREADMILL IN OVER A MONTH AND HAVE BEEN DOING SOME MILD STRETCHING BY FLEXING AND EXTENDING AND MOVING FOOT SIDE TO SIDE. i FINALY WENT TO MY DOCTOR AND AFTER A QUICK GLANCE SAID i HAD QUADRA-SOMETHING FROM OVERUSE AND PRESCRIBED AN ANTIINFLAMMATORY WHICH REDUCED THE SWELLING SIGNIFICANTLY BUT NOW i AM FEELING A 'PULLING' AND SLIGHHT DISCOMFORT AT MY ACHILLES TENDON AND SLIGHT PAIN AROUND THE LATERAL ANKLE AND TOP OF MY FOOT JUST NEXT TO MY LATERAL ANKLE. dO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS. tHANK YOU.