Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot pain after plantar fascia relaesa

Posted by Susan M on 3/30/02 at 18:11 (078072)

I had endoscopic Plantar fascai release surgery on January 28th. I had this done after a year of pain that was effecting my quality of life. I have no heal pain but in the mornings my foot is very stiff. I have to stretch it still every day. I also have a pain that is hard to explain. Through out the day it feels like a nerve pain, almost like a tooth ache, very hard to explain. My foot also has a tingling sensation. Am I glad I had the surgery ,yes. The pain is not intense just annoying. Is there anything more I can do?

Re: Foot pain after plantar fascia relaesa

Dr. David S. Wander on 3/31/02 at 14:32 (078103)

Susan, the first thing you should do is discuss your questions and concerns with the doctor that performed the surgery. Often there can be some injury to the nerve which can be temporary, and/or scar tissue can form. If you discuss this with your doctor, I'm sure he/she can begin a treatment course that will address your problems.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/31/02 at 15:59 (078111)

yes discuss this with your doctor. It can take up to six months for complete healing. The fact that the heel area is better is a good sign

Orthosis, physical therapy, taping are just some of the treatments that can help. Time is really the best treatment with rest.

Susan M on 4/01/02 at 15:44 (078196)

Thanks for such a quick reply. Yes I will talk to my doctor, I have a follow up this month. We are in Japan at a military hospital and my doctor will be visiting the base again this month. It's good to know that it may just need time to heal so I have hope I will soon recover. Thanks again.

Dr. David S. Wander on 3/31/02 at 14:32 (078103)

Susan, the first thing you should do is discuss your questions and concerns with the doctor that performed the surgery. Often there can be some injury to the nerve which can be temporary, and/or scar tissue can form. If you discuss this with your doctor, I'm sure he/she can begin a treatment course that will address your problems.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/31/02 at 15:59 (078111)

yes discuss this with your doctor. It can take up to six months for complete healing. The fact that the heel area is better is a good sign

Orthosis, physical therapy, taping are just some of the treatments that can help. Time is really the best treatment with rest.

Susan M on 4/01/02 at 15:44 (078196)

Thanks for such a quick reply. Yes I will talk to my doctor, I have a follow up this month. We are in Japan at a military hospital and my doctor will be visiting the base again this month. It's good to know that it may just need time to heal so I have hope I will soon recover. Thanks again.