Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel and ball of foot pain

Posted by Rachel C on 3/31/02 at 11:00 (078094)

I have had problems with my feet for a long while now. It started off being pain in the arches which gradually got worse. The orthpaedic surgeon thought it was tarsal tunnel syndrome and sent me for an EMG which was negative. The arch pain has become less....I have some temporary arch supports and have been doing strtching and strengthening exercises. While I am still getting some pain in the arches the most pain is in the heels, balls of my feet and the underneath of the lateral borders of my feet (basically everywhere that is in direct contact with the ground). It's a throbbing pain which feels as if there is too much pressure going through those areas. Any clues??

Re: heel and ball of foot pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/31/02 at 19:44 (078122)

Hi

Have you had a gain analysis and a complete biomechanical evaluation of your feet, ankles. and entire lower extremity. This sounds like a mechanical problem

Re: heel and ball of foot pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/31/02 at 19:44 (078122)

Hi

Have you had a gain analysis and a complete biomechanical evaluation of your feet, ankles. and entire lower extremity. This sounds like a mechanical problem