Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Rich

Posted by Carole C in NOLA on 4/01/02 at 11:57 (078164)

Rich, how are you doing? I hope your feet survived Easter. You had a lot planned over the weekend. Don't forget to ice a lot and keep your feet up and rest them, now that you can!

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best.

Carole C

Re: Carole...

Rich on 4/03/02 at 07:35 (078320)

Thanks Carole! Did I ever overdo it! By Easter morning, I could barely walk...and I was really careful. When I said I overdid it, it's not to mean that I did all that much. I did get around in my boot taking pictures and stuff, but did manage to sit as often as possible. Still, by Sunday morning I was feeling pain EVERY time I took a step. I haven't had that particular pain in the boot.

I went for an MRI yesterday. My pod wants to rule out any possibility that may not have shown up on xrays. My other foot never hurt like this. My pain has mostly been at the insertion point, where the heel area meets the arch. But now the center of my heel feels like it is bruised, and this pain doesn't stop. I can feel it just by stretching my leg/foot, not to mention with every step. I should get the results by tomorrow. I'm hoping that the pod at least finds something, not that I look forward to that either or the possible ramifications.

I'm still icing and stretching when I get out of the boot, but for every good day, there seems to be a bad day! Don't mean to sound whiney, just ready to live again. Now that our weather is getting warmer, I'm ready to get back into my flowers and we have some landscaping to do.

Thanks for checking up on me...I'm thinking of going to work today, so that's a good sign. Hope you have a great day!

Rich

Carole C in NOLA on 4/03/02 at 20:29 (078407)

Oh Rich, I hope that the MRI helps to lead your pod to find some relief for your pain! That would sure be great.

I'm glad to hear you are still icing and stretching and I can sure relate to wanting to live again. I hope that it happens as fast for you as it did for me (although six months didn't SEEM that fast when I couldn't walk, but it's about the best we can hope for).

Don't overdo at work! Maybe you can get your family to help you landscape. Planting small plants can be sort of a sitting down activity, if you can sit on something and have someone to bring the next plant to you and so on. It may be a few days. The guy on TV weather just said that it's going to get cold here tomorrow, and that it's cold already in Alexandria! :)

Carole C

Re: Cooler temps

Rich on 4/03/02 at 21:59 (078433)

Carole, can you believe the drop in the temp since noon? I thought we were out of the woods! Thanks for the planting suggestions. About now, I'm thinking of just getting new potted baskets and not have to fool with what I managed to salvage from last year. I need some color and flowers to brighten things up a bit.

I did make it to work and had a really good day, although not painfree! My job is not as fun and exciting as yours when you go out to sea. Send more pics if you can....

Have fun and be safe!
Rich

Rich on 4/03/02 at 07:35 (078320)

Thanks Carole! Did I ever overdo it! By Easter morning, I could barely walk...and I was really careful. When I said I overdid it, it's not to mean that I did all that much. I did get around in my boot taking pictures and stuff, but did manage to sit as often as possible. Still, by Sunday morning I was feeling pain EVERY time I took a step. I haven't had that particular pain in the boot.

I went for an MRI yesterday. My pod wants to rule out any possibility that may not have shown up on xrays. My other foot never hurt like this. My pain has mostly been at the insertion point, where the heel area meets the arch. But now the center of my heel feels like it is bruised, and this pain doesn't stop. I can feel it just by stretching my leg/foot, not to mention with every step. I should get the results by tomorrow. I'm hoping that the pod at least finds something, not that I look forward to that either or the possible ramifications.

I'm still icing and stretching when I get out of the boot, but for every good day, there seems to be a bad day! Don't mean to sound whiney, just ready to live again. Now that our weather is getting warmer, I'm ready to get back into my flowers and we have some landscaping to do.

Thanks for checking up on me...I'm thinking of going to work today, so that's a good sign. Hope you have a great day!

Rich

Carole C in NOLA on 4/03/02 at 20:29 (078407)

Oh Rich, I hope that the MRI helps to lead your pod to find some relief for your pain! That would sure be great.

I'm glad to hear you are still icing and stretching and I can sure relate to wanting to live again. I hope that it happens as fast for you as it did for me (although six months didn't SEEM that fast when I couldn't walk, but it's about the best we can hope for).

Don't overdo at work! Maybe you can get your family to help you landscape. Planting small plants can be sort of a sitting down activity, if you can sit on something and have someone to bring the next plant to you and so on. It may be a few days. The guy on TV weather just said that it's going to get cold here tomorrow, and that it's cold already in Alexandria! :)

Carole C

Re: Cooler temps

Rich on 4/03/02 at 21:59 (078433)

Carole, can you believe the drop in the temp since noon? I thought we were out of the woods! Thanks for the planting suggestions. About now, I'm thinking of just getting new potted baskets and not have to fool with what I managed to salvage from last year. I need some color and flowers to brighten things up a bit.

I did make it to work and had a really good day, although not painfree! My job is not as fun and exciting as yours when you go out to sea. Send more pics if you can....

Have fun and be safe!
Rich