Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

WELL EVERYONE MY SURGERIES ARE JUST ONE WEEK AWAY

Posted by Laurie R on 4/02/02 at 00:58 (078230)

Hello to everyone , Well my surgeries are only a week away . I thought this day would never come . Just today I think I realized that this is for real now . I have been dealing with this terrible foot and ankle pain now for almost three years. I feel I have made the right choice to go ahead and have the surgery . The one thing I can't want for is to have this lump taken out of my foot. This lump drives me crazy ....

For who ever is concerned my wonderful daughter Angel will post a message here after my surgery to let you all know how I am doing ....

I do want to thank all the wonderful people here that have listened to me over and over again with all my questions and all my compalining over the years.... You all are in my heart . I mean this , I have no clue where I would be without the wonderful support I have gotten here.

So remember me next Tue on April 9 th .....

Thank again for being so very awesome to me ..... Much love to everyone .

Laurie R

Re: WELL EVERYONE MY SURGERIES ARE JUST ONE WEEK AWAY

Janet C on 4/02/02 at 01:57 (078231)

Dearest Laurie,

I wish I could be there beside you to hold your hand, but you know I'll be right there with you in my thoughts and prayers! I'll pray that the Good Lord will guide the surgeon's hands, and that your surgery will finally be the answer for your pain, that you have been seeking for so long. I believe you'll feel so much better once that fibroma is removed from your arch. So I look forward, with great confidence, to hearing about your recovery!

Throughout this next week, try to eat well, and get plenty of rest. To help your body heal well, it's important to give your body all the healthy and nutritional advantages that you can, before you undergo any type of operation. So, take good care, sweet friend.

With Love, and Best Wishes Always ~ Janet

Julie on 4/02/02 at 05:38 (078233)

Dear Laurie

You have all my good wishes and love for the Big Day. I know you will come through the surgery beautifully and that you will be better for it. My thoughts will be with you. As you know, I'm leaving for Crete on the same day, and will be spending my first evening there while you're having your two operations, so I shall be sending you healing thoughts from the most healing place in the world.

Lots of love and many blessings, Laurie

Julie

Sharon W on 4/02/02 at 07:20 (078234)

Laurie,

My thoughts, too will be with you, and with the surgeons who will try to help, hoping everything goes smoothly and exactly as planned. May you get the relief from pain that you deserve.

-- Sharon

Carmen H on 4/02/02 at 07:21 (078235)

Thoughts and prayers will abound April 9th!
love to you and your family Laurie...get one of them to writefor us and let us know how you are when it's over.

dave on 4/02/02 at 08:03 (078238)

You should take 10,000 mg of vitamin c every day after your surgery. I have read that large amounts of vitamin c are helpfull in preventing scare tissue.

Suzanne D on 4/02/02 at 08:29 (078242)

Dear Laurie,

When I turned the calendar over to April yesterday, I immediately thought of you and knew that your surgery date was near the first of the month. I was wondering this morning what the exact date was, then came to this site and read your message.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers will be with you, especially on that day, Laurie. I will anxiously await news from your daughter. May this surgery be the beginning of a 'new you', with healing for your feet and a new lease on life, as they say!

You have received some sound advice above. Try to get good rest and eat well, and the Vitamin C sounds like a good idea. It couldn't hurt as it should help fight infection as well. (I found that out years ago when I just couldn't seem to shake recurrent bladder infections no matter how much medicine I took. Cranberry juice and Vitamin C were a lifesaver for me.)

Best wishes to you,
Suzanne :-)

wendyn on 4/02/02 at 09:12 (078245)

Laurie - your big day has a star on my calendar. You better believe we'll all be thinking of you and hoping your day goes smoothly!

Carole C in NOLA on 4/02/02 at 12:16 (078251)

Good luck, Laurie! I won't be here to wish you luck right before the surgery, because I'll be at sea in the Gulf of Mexico, but I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the very best! I'm hoping this is the start of a whole new life for you, one where you are not in pain.

Carole C

Rick R on 4/02/02 at 12:59 (078254)

Laurie,

I was so excited when my surgery day was approaching and still give thanks every day for the relief. I'll pray that yours is as successful. Daughter Angel huh, my first daughter is Angela and wife's name is Laura how's that for coincidence.

Rick

nancy s. on 4/02/02 at 16:19 (078269)

laurie, you know i've been praying for a good outcome of your surgery for weeks, and on april 9 i'm going out to the beach and sending a special appeal to the whole huge universe. you have so many people behind you -- because you've drawn so many TO you with your big heart -- that i think the force we're creating can only help.
and i think the work you've done on and for yourself will have the largest positive effect of all.
please do have angel write us Right Away, because many of us will be checking the computer constantly that day to see how you're doing.
love you, laurie!
from nancy

Re: Laurie a special angel is waiting for you to be with you thru this special time!

Tammie on 4/02/02 at 17:02 (078275)

Laurie, I wish you the very best and you know that I to will be among those thinking of you and sending good vibes and prayers! I will be looking for the good words that all has gone well and that you are home resting and not suffering in pain! Please take care and one day at a time! You deserve the very best my dear friend and I hope that a special angel tips her beautiful white wing down to you and holds you tight while looking over you with love and care!Maybe she can drop a miracle kiss upon your lovely feet so that your healing will be much better than you could ever imagine! Have sweet dreams of your feet in the warm sand and looking at your footprints as you walk down the beach!Tuesday shall be a perfect day for you our friend!A great big hug for you(((((((((( Laurie)))))))

Re: We will all be with you, Laurie

Valerie S on 4/02/02 at 17:32 (078279)

Dear Laurie,

You have been such a great friend to me over the last year and half... I can't thank you enough for all the encouragement and support you have given to me and to so many others here. If you ask me, you ARE the angel around here... you have and will always have a special place in my heart, and my thoughts and prayers will be with you on the day of your surgery and throughout your recovery. I pray that this next big step will take you closer to your dream of walking on the beach... Your day will come!

Thanks again for all your kindness and caring... as you sow, so shall you reap. Good things must be coming your way soon!

Val.

BrianG on 4/02/02 at 17:44 (078284)

Good luck Laurie, almost time to start healing. Is it day surgery, or will you be staying over night?

Best wishes
BrianG

Anthony P on 4/02/02 at 17:54 (078286)

Hi Laurie, Time really flys wow one week to go . I remember before my surgery I just wanted it to be over with and I dont regret having
the surgery . I will be thinking of you on the 9 th Good luck I will prayer for you
I with be looking forward to getting a message from Angel
Your friend Anthony P

Necee on 4/02/02 at 21:07 (078304)

All the best to you Laurie!!! I will be praying for a quick recovery. You must be so thrilled to finally get this over with. Just think, in a few short weeks you'll be able to walk without pain! This has been a very long and difficult struggle for you, but through it all I've been amazed at how determined and strong you are.
Let us know how things go, and you can have the peace of mind just knowing that your going to be thought about and prayed for.
Love and many prayers dear friend,
Necee

Laurie R on 4/02/02 at 21:37 (078306)

To Everyone , I have one word WOW !!!! You all are so wonderful , now I think how can I go wrong with all this support ... Really it brought tears to my eyes to read each and everyone's kind and wonderful reply to me ... You all really make me feel special .. Necee I am not being negitive but I will not be walking without pain in a few weeks.. They are doing a lot of surgery , it is going to be a long recovery . But I am ready for it . I really am . It has been almost three years since this all has started and 9 different doctors . Many problems along the way , I think I have learned a lot over this time in my life. Believe it or not , not all has been bad , a lot of good has come out of me hurting my foot...

The thing that has me worried at this point is not the surgeries , but the RSD . RSD is very complex surgery can make RSD very worse , for me though I am willing to take the chance. As for now I really don't have much of a life .

I just want to get it over with and start to heal. I will be really honest with you , the first two days after surgery I know will be the hardest , after that I think I will do fine. I have two wonderful and compassionate doctors on my side... My Pod thought long and hard about this surgery . He is ready and so am I .

My Pain clinic called me today and all is finally set up , the main thing I was worried about was the home health care , I will need this for the pump I will have .

So it is all set now , I am to be at the surgery center at 7:00 am , my frist surgery is at 8:00 this is where my Pain doc will implant the epidural catheter , then my second will be with my Pod for my foot and ankle surgery . He will take out the fibroma and do a tarsel tunnel release and then do a fascia release , he is also going to clean out my FHL tendon , it is filled with tenosynovitis , and either take out a nerve in there or release the tendon nerve ....

Thank you all again , you all have made my day with your kind and wonderful words ......

I think Brian asked if I am staying in the hospital , believe or not this is just day surgery . I am thankful I don't have to stay , I would not want to .. I hate the hospital . Each of the 7 times I had my injections done the first thing I ask when I wake up is if I can go home...

Much love to each of you ..

PS I see my Pain doc tomorrow , we will go over all the meds . Brian you can bet I will make sure I have the right meds to go home with for my surgery ...

My best to all , Laurie

PSS . Yes my wonderful daughter Angel will post the night of my surgery to give you all an update ....

Carmen H on 4/03/02 at 17:27 (078385)

You just hang on tight and let 'someone else' take you on the ride....
;-)
much love Laurie

Janet C on 4/02/02 at 01:57 (078231)

Dearest Laurie,

I wish I could be there beside you to hold your hand, but you know I'll be right there with you in my thoughts and prayers! I'll pray that the Good Lord will guide the surgeon's hands, and that your surgery will finally be the answer for your pain, that you have been seeking for so long. I believe you'll feel so much better once that fibroma is removed from your arch. So I look forward, with great confidence, to hearing about your recovery!

Throughout this next week, try to eat well, and get plenty of rest. To help your body heal well, it's important to give your body all the healthy and nutritional advantages that you can, before you undergo any type of operation. So, take good care, sweet friend.

With Love, and Best Wishes Always ~ Janet

Julie on 4/02/02 at 05:38 (078233)

Dear Laurie

You have all my good wishes and love for the Big Day. I know you will come through the surgery beautifully and that you will be better for it. My thoughts will be with you. As you know, I'm leaving for Crete on the same day, and will be spending my first evening there while you're having your two operations, so I shall be sending you healing thoughts from the most healing place in the world.

Lots of love and many blessings, Laurie

Julie

Sharon W on 4/02/02 at 07:20 (078234)

Laurie,

My thoughts, too will be with you, and with the surgeons who will try to help, hoping everything goes smoothly and exactly as planned. May you get the relief from pain that you deserve.

-- Sharon

Carmen H on 4/02/02 at 07:21 (078235)

Thoughts and prayers will abound April 9th!
love to you and your family Laurie...get one of them to writefor us and let us know how you are when it's over.

dave on 4/02/02 at 08:03 (078238)

You should take 10,000 mg of vitamin c every day after your surgery. I have read that large amounts of vitamin c are helpfull in preventing scare tissue.

Suzanne D on 4/02/02 at 08:29 (078242)

Dear Laurie,

When I turned the calendar over to April yesterday, I immediately thought of you and knew that your surgery date was near the first of the month. I was wondering this morning what the exact date was, then came to this site and read your message.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers will be with you, especially on that day, Laurie. I will anxiously await news from your daughter. May this surgery be the beginning of a 'new you', with healing for your feet and a new lease on life, as they say!

You have received some sound advice above. Try to get good rest and eat well, and the Vitamin C sounds like a good idea. It couldn't hurt as it should help fight infection as well. (I found that out years ago when I just couldn't seem to shake recurrent bladder infections no matter how much medicine I took. Cranberry juice and Vitamin C were a lifesaver for me.)

Best wishes to you,
Suzanne :-)

wendyn on 4/02/02 at 09:12 (078245)

Laurie - your big day has a star on my calendar. You better believe we'll all be thinking of you and hoping your day goes smoothly!

Carole C in NOLA on 4/02/02 at 12:16 (078251)

Good luck, Laurie! I won't be here to wish you luck right before the surgery, because I'll be at sea in the Gulf of Mexico, but I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the very best! I'm hoping this is the start of a whole new life for you, one where you are not in pain.

Carole C

Rick R on 4/02/02 at 12:59 (078254)

Laurie,

I was so excited when my surgery day was approaching and still give thanks every day for the relief. I'll pray that yours is as successful. Daughter Angel huh, my first daughter is Angela and wife's name is Laura how's that for coincidence.

Rick

nancy s. on 4/02/02 at 16:19 (078269)

laurie, you know i've been praying for a good outcome of your surgery for weeks, and on april 9 i'm going out to the beach and sending a special appeal to the whole huge universe. you have so many people behind you -- because you've drawn so many TO you with your big heart -- that i think the force we're creating can only help.
and i think the work you've done on and for yourself will have the largest positive effect of all.
please do have angel write us Right Away, because many of us will be checking the computer constantly that day to see how you're doing.
love you, laurie!
from nancy

Re: Laurie a special angel is waiting for you to be with you thru this special time!

Tammie on 4/02/02 at 17:02 (078275)

Laurie, I wish you the very best and you know that I to will be among those thinking of you and sending good vibes and prayers! I will be looking for the good words that all has gone well and that you are home resting and not suffering in pain! Please take care and one day at a time! You deserve the very best my dear friend and I hope that a special angel tips her beautiful white wing down to you and holds you tight while looking over you with love and care!Maybe she can drop a miracle kiss upon your lovely feet so that your healing will be much better than you could ever imagine! Have sweet dreams of your feet in the warm sand and looking at your footprints as you walk down the beach!Tuesday shall be a perfect day for you our friend!A great big hug for you(((((((((( Laurie)))))))

Re: We will all be with you, Laurie

Valerie S on 4/02/02 at 17:32 (078279)

Dear Laurie,

You have been such a great friend to me over the last year and half... I can't thank you enough for all the encouragement and support you have given to me and to so many others here. If you ask me, you ARE the angel around here... you have and will always have a special place in my heart, and my thoughts and prayers will be with you on the day of your surgery and throughout your recovery. I pray that this next big step will take you closer to your dream of walking on the beach... Your day will come!

Thanks again for all your kindness and caring... as you sow, so shall you reap. Good things must be coming your way soon!

Val.

BrianG on 4/02/02 at 17:44 (078284)

Good luck Laurie, almost time to start healing. Is it day surgery, or will you be staying over night?

Best wishes
BrianG

Anthony P on 4/02/02 at 17:54 (078286)

Hi Laurie, Time really flys wow one week to go . I remember before my surgery I just wanted it to be over with and I dont regret having
the surgery . I will be thinking of you on the 9 th Good luck I will prayer for you
I with be looking forward to getting a message from Angel
Your friend Anthony P

Necee on 4/02/02 at 21:07 (078304)

All the best to you Laurie!!! I will be praying for a quick recovery. You must be so thrilled to finally get this over with. Just think, in a few short weeks you'll be able to walk without pain! This has been a very long and difficult struggle for you, but through it all I've been amazed at how determined and strong you are.
Let us know how things go, and you can have the peace of mind just knowing that your going to be thought about and prayed for.
Love and many prayers dear friend,
Necee

Laurie R on 4/02/02 at 21:37 (078306)

To Everyone , I have one word WOW !!!! You all are so wonderful , now I think how can I go wrong with all this support ... Really it brought tears to my eyes to read each and everyone's kind and wonderful reply to me ... You all really make me feel special .. Necee I am not being negitive but I will not be walking without pain in a few weeks.. They are doing a lot of surgery , it is going to be a long recovery . But I am ready for it . I really am . It has been almost three years since this all has started and 9 different doctors . Many problems along the way , I think I have learned a lot over this time in my life. Believe it or not , not all has been bad , a lot of good has come out of me hurting my foot...

The thing that has me worried at this point is not the surgeries , but the RSD . RSD is very complex surgery can make RSD very worse , for me though I am willing to take the chance. As for now I really don't have much of a life .

I just want to get it over with and start to heal. I will be really honest with you , the first two days after surgery I know will be the hardest , after that I think I will do fine. I have two wonderful and compassionate doctors on my side... My Pod thought long and hard about this surgery . He is ready and so am I .

My Pain clinic called me today and all is finally set up , the main thing I was worried about was the home health care , I will need this for the pump I will have .

So it is all set now , I am to be at the surgery center at 7:00 am , my frist surgery is at 8:00 this is where my Pain doc will implant the epidural catheter , then my second will be with my Pod for my foot and ankle surgery . He will take out the fibroma and do a tarsel tunnel release and then do a fascia release , he is also going to clean out my FHL tendon , it is filled with tenosynovitis , and either take out a nerve in there or release the tendon nerve ....

Thank you all again , you all have made my day with your kind and wonderful words ......

I think Brian asked if I am staying in the hospital , believe or not this is just day surgery . I am thankful I don't have to stay , I would not want to .. I hate the hospital . Each of the 7 times I had my injections done the first thing I ask when I wake up is if I can go home...

Much love to each of you ..

PS I see my Pain doc tomorrow , we will go over all the meds . Brian you can bet I will make sure I have the right meds to go home with for my surgery ...

My best to all , Laurie

PSS . Yes my wonderful daughter Angel will post the night of my surgery to give you all an update ....

Carmen H on 4/03/02 at 17:27 (078385)

You just hang on tight and let 'someone else' take you on the ride....
;-)
much love Laurie