Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Mayo Clinic

Posted by Renee H on 4/02/02 at 15:42 (078266)

I went to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN last week. I have been struggling with Plantar Fasciitis and Tarsal Tunnel for 14 months. Now I find out that I do not have TTS. I just have odd PF symptoms - more pain throughout foot and less actual heel pain.

I was very pleased with the help I received there. I've been to 10 different places in the last year. They were very open minded about what it would take to get over this. They said that I for sure have the wrong orthotics. They said mine are far to rigid and I should have soft ones. Also I am to go back to using the night splint for a while, still on anti-inflammatories, icing and start physical therapy.

I started PT this week. I'm very excited. They plan to do ionphoresis and foot strengthening. I have tried for a long time to get a doctor to send me to a PT. Mine seems very good and has dealt with this a lot. One interesting thing he said is that my problem may be caused more by my toes and lower joints not flexing than other typical PF issues. Most of my damage has been done in the ball of my foot. That's why the style orthotics I had didn't help at all.

There is hope for all of us out there with foot pain!!! I'm not better yet but am starting to believe that I might get there.

Re: Mayo Clinic

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/06/02 at 16:17 (078706)

Glad you have found people who are helping. I am surprised that you stated that you 'had tried for a long time' to get a doctor to refer you to PT since PT is really a primary and early treatment for PF.
Ed

Re: Mayo Clinic

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/06/02 at 16:17 (078706)

Glad you have found people who are helping. I am surprised that you stated that you 'had tried for a long time' to get a doctor to refer you to PT since PT is really a primary and early treatment for PF.
Ed