Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is orthotripsy the next step?

Posted by DavidP on 4/02/02 at 16:07 (078268)

I have been diagnosed with plantar faciitis (no bone spur) for 12 months. Neither cortisone injections, orthopedic insoles, physical therapy (electrical stimulation, heat wraps, stretching, massage, ultrasound and cold wraps), nor ionotophoresis have suceeded in permanent relief of pain. Several articles indicate orthotripsy has a higher success rate than intrusive surgery, however, my podiatrist does not perform that procedure in NJ. I would appreciate any advice you would have regarding the next best step to take.

Re: Is orthotripsy the next step?

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/02/02 at 16:42 (078272)

Hi

I have been using ESWT for over two years with very effective pain relief.
We have doctors in all parts of the state of New Jersey that do ESWT. We use the dornier Epos which is the latest ESWT machine on the scene. If you would like our ESWT packet please e-mail Dr. Z . My e-mail is (email removed). In the mean time if you have any question about this procedure don't hesitate to ask

Re: To DavidP

Rich on 4/06/02 at 10:16 (078660)

David, I have been through the same experiences. I am now in a cam walker and don't think the success rate is promising. Just another stab in the dark. My pod said the hospital is considering one of the orthotripsy machines and they may need a guinea pig....wondering about that. Otherwise, not offered in my area. Just wanted to say good luck!

DavidP on 4/11/02 at 10:13 (079219)

Thanks, Rich - I wish you luck too.

Re: Is orthotripsy the next step?

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/02/02 at 16:42 (078272)

Hi

I have been using ESWT for over two years with very effective pain relief.
We have doctors in all parts of the state of New Jersey that do ESWT. We use the dornier Epos which is the latest ESWT machine on the scene. If you would like our ESWT packet please e-mail Dr. Z . My e-mail is (email removed). In the mean time if you have any question about this procedure don't hesitate to ask

Rich on 4/06/02 at 10:16 (078660)

David, I have been through the same experiences. I am now in a cam walker and don't think the success rate is promising. Just another stab in the dark. My pod said the hospital is considering one of the orthotripsy machines and they may need a guinea pig....wondering about that. Otherwise, not offered in my area. Just wanted to say good luck!

DavidP on 4/11/02 at 10:13 (079219)

Thanks, Rich - I wish you luck too.