Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A miracle cure that's free

Posted by DaveB on 4/03/02 at 02:11 (078311)

I'm no doctor, and have NOTHING to sell. But I found something that honest-to-God cured my plantar fascitis: aloe vera.

I was in pain with every step for about two years when I tried drinking aloe vera - not any store-bought stuff, but a plant growing in the wild. I actually took it because I thought it might help another condition I have - it didn't. But within 5 days my horrid pain had lessened; in 10 days in was totally gone.

Things went well for 2 months. Then the friend who had provided the plant to me left town for a month - and the pain returned as bad as ever. Back on the stuff, the pain completely vanished. That was two years ago.

I also recently had a lady friend try aloe vera for bad knees - she was on painkillers and wore a brace. Damned if her pain didn't totally vanish within 10 days - she abandoned the brace and painkillers.

I post this simply because it might help people. I'm selling nothing; the aloe vera I drink comes from a plant growing wild on a street corner. I've had no side effects, but again, I'm no doctor. I will give info if written to at (email removed), but otherwise will never post here again.

Re: A miracle cure that's free

Julie on 4/03/02 at 02:41 (078313)

Thanks, Dave. Aloe vera is known for its healing properties. I'm guessing you live either in California or somewhere in Europe. Where is this street corner??? :) I think some people here would like to know how to obtain the plant itself, which is likely to be more helpful than any of the commercial extracts of it.

Ellen J. on 4/03/02 at 12:24 (078361)

Most Aloe plants sold in plant shops are quite small so they wouldn't go a long way but I wonder if one could be ordered through the mail that is already large. Otherwise, I guess a person could experiment with grow lights to see if the growth could be accelerated? I've heard of drinking aloe juice but someone told me (15 yrs ago) that if you buy the ready-made juice that it shouldn't be heat processed because the heat ruins whatever it is that aids in healing.They said it should be 'cold processed'. I have no idea if that was sales hype or what, as I don't know much about the stuff. Interesting idea though, and I do think the real plant would be better than commercially made juices--if one is willing to go through the work of getting the juice out.
Ellen

Carole C in NOLA on 4/03/02 at 12:47 (078364)

I didn't know you could DRINK the stuff. I'm not sure I would have the guts to do that. I have some aloe vera lotion that I use in massaging my feet sometimes.

Carole

BrianG on 4/03/02 at 13:09 (078365)

OK, who is going to write to DaveB and report back here. He said that was his only post.

BrianG

Re: You know....

Rich on 4/03/02 at 15:29 (078374)

Tequila is made from the agave plant which is in the same family as the aloe vera. Can we just drink that? I guarantee we won't even feel our feet!! All I have to do is smell the tequila my hubby brought back from Mexico and I'm tipsy! LOL

Ellen J. on 4/03/02 at 16:06 (078379)

I drank Aloe juice once and it was really bitter! I tried for days, as I think I was trying to cure canker sores in the mouth at that time. Well, I found a great cure for canker sores, but it wasn't the aloe. I think I heard that if you drink too much aloe it can cause some digestive upset. I wonder if drinking aloe has a tendency to bring the body into a more alkaline state, thus helping the healing process? Who knows--but having a good sized plant around, opening up a succulent leaf, and rubbing the gel onto the feet might be great. I was also thinking it might help those people who have burning arches. Just a guess.
Ellen J.

Carole C in NOLA on 4/03/02 at 21:07 (078416)

Aloe lotion does feel good on my feet, but of course it's not as strong as what you would get straight from the plant. And, it doesn't usually smell a good as my Bath and Body Works Night Blooming Jasmine lotion... (grin)

Carole C

NormB on 4/03/02 at 22:22 (078444)

I drank it once (for stomach aches) and it was no big deal.
Mix it with juice and just guzzle it down.
I am sure it has good qualities.
Seemed to work ok, but I didn't have pf then....

CarmenH on 4/04/02 at 09:35 (078472)

I seriously don't think Aloe can overall 'cure' pf....just my thoughts..
He states that if he doesn't drink it it comes back...well it may just be a natural anti inflammatory..

CarmenH on 4/04/02 at 09:36 (078473)

P.S. It's been gone two years but over a period of time pf can get better...aloe or not...But what do I know....;-)

BGCPed on 4/06/02 at 00:49 (078641)

Well here goes Mr Nasty. I bet that if you mailed him you would get info where you can 'buy' the stuff. Many folks want the easy cure for things. It may have natural anti-inflam qualities but what about the root cause?

Many of these miracle cures boast of anecdotal results. FACT: most knee pain in older women is osteo related, such as medial or lateral compartment degeneration. The most common example is an over weight pt with knock knee (valgus), wider hips and pronated feet.

They will often present with pain in hip, back or knee, with knee pain being primary on lateral aspect. many will have past or current history of pf and or pain and or prominance on the inside ankle and arch. In many cases this is post tib tendon issue and also may include tight gastroc/heel cord.

The total result of this common misalignment is osteo degeneration in many joints. If you look at the knee complex like a cars suspension, the femur is the rim. The articular surface is the tire, and the head of the tibia is the road. Osteoarthritis is like a blown out tire. The rim hits the road and creates a mess of friction and rubbing.

Many drugs and supplements may decrease inflamation and or pain but they dont 'fix' the root cause. If aloe or any other product could regenerate articular surface it would make billions. Most of these products are like Fix-A-Flat, they put a patch on it but dont fix it

I am always suspect of a post from a newbie that makes a great claim and is followed by a statement that they dont have any financial stake, then is followed by a web address or a phone number.

Micki Q on 4/06/02 at 22:28 (078729)

Wow - thanks for your input. I have burning arches from Plantar Facitis and I'm going to try my Aloe plant. All the creams I've gotten prescription, natural and Super Blue Stuff didn't work at all.

Julie on 4/03/02 at 02:41 (078313)

Thanks, Dave. Aloe vera is known for its healing properties. I'm guessing you live either in California or somewhere in Europe. Where is this street corner??? :) I think some people here would like to know how to obtain the plant itself, which is likely to be more helpful than any of the commercial extracts of it.

Ellen J. on 4/03/02 at 12:24 (078361)

Most Aloe plants sold in plant shops are quite small so they wouldn't go a long way but I wonder if one could be ordered through the mail that is already large. Otherwise, I guess a person could experiment with grow lights to see if the growth could be accelerated? I've heard of drinking aloe juice but someone told me (15 yrs ago) that if you buy the ready-made juice that it shouldn't be heat processed because the heat ruins whatever it is that aids in healing.They said it should be 'cold processed'. I have no idea if that was sales hype or what, as I don't know much about the stuff. Interesting idea though, and I do think the real plant would be better than commercially made juices--if one is willing to go through the work of getting the juice out.
Ellen

Carole C in NOLA on 4/03/02 at 12:47 (078364)

I didn't know you could DRINK the stuff. I'm not sure I would have the guts to do that. I have some aloe vera lotion that I use in massaging my feet sometimes.

Carole

BrianG on 4/03/02 at 13:09 (078365)

OK, who is going to write to DaveB and report back here. He said that was his only post.

BrianG

Rich on 4/03/02 at 15:29 (078374)

Tequila is made from the agave plant which is in the same family as the aloe vera. Can we just drink that? I guarantee we won't even feel our feet!! All I have to do is smell the tequila my hubby brought back from Mexico and I'm tipsy! LOL

Ellen J. on 4/03/02 at 16:06 (078379)

I drank Aloe juice once and it was really bitter! I tried for days, as I think I was trying to cure canker sores in the mouth at that time. Well, I found a great cure for canker sores, but it wasn't the aloe. I think I heard that if you drink too much aloe it can cause some digestive upset. I wonder if drinking aloe has a tendency to bring the body into a more alkaline state, thus helping the healing process? Who knows--but having a good sized plant around, opening up a succulent leaf, and rubbing the gel onto the feet might be great. I was also thinking it might help those people who have burning arches. Just a guess.
Ellen J.

Carole C in NOLA on 4/03/02 at 21:07 (078416)

Aloe lotion does feel good on my feet, but of course it's not as strong as what you would get straight from the plant. And, it doesn't usually smell a good as my Bath and Body Works Night Blooming Jasmine lotion... (grin)

Carole C

NormB on 4/03/02 at 22:22 (078444)

I drank it once (for stomach aches) and it was no big deal.
Mix it with juice and just guzzle it down.
I am sure it has good qualities.
Seemed to work ok, but I didn't have pf then....

CarmenH on 4/04/02 at 09:35 (078472)

I seriously don't think Aloe can overall 'cure' pf....just my thoughts..
He states that if he doesn't drink it it comes back...well it may just be a natural anti inflammatory..

CarmenH on 4/04/02 at 09:36 (078473)

P.S. It's been gone two years but over a period of time pf can get better...aloe or not...But what do I know....;-)

BGCPed on 4/06/02 at 00:49 (078641)

Well here goes Mr Nasty. I bet that if you mailed him you would get info where you can 'buy' the stuff. Many folks want the easy cure for things. It may have natural anti-inflam qualities but what about the root cause?

Many of these miracle cures boast of anecdotal results. FACT: most knee pain in older women is osteo related, such as medial or lateral compartment degeneration. The most common example is an over weight pt with knock knee (valgus), wider hips and pronated feet.

They will often present with pain in hip, back or knee, with knee pain being primary on lateral aspect. many will have past or current history of pf and or pain and or prominance on the inside ankle and arch. In many cases this is post tib tendon issue and also may include tight gastroc/heel cord.

The total result of this common misalignment is osteo degeneration in many joints. If you look at the knee complex like a cars suspension, the femur is the rim. The articular surface is the tire, and the head of the tibia is the road. Osteoarthritis is like a blown out tire. The rim hits the road and creates a mess of friction and rubbing.

Many drugs and supplements may decrease inflamation and or pain but they dont 'fix' the root cause. If aloe or any other product could regenerate articular surface it would make billions. Most of these products are like Fix-A-Flat, they put a patch on it but dont fix it

I am always suspect of a post from a newbie that makes a great claim and is followed by a statement that they dont have any financial stake, then is followed by a web address or a phone number.

Micki Q on 4/06/02 at 22:28 (078729)

Wow - thanks for your input. I have burning arches from Plantar Facitis and I'm going to try my Aloe plant. All the creams I've gotten prescription, natural and Super Blue Stuff didn't work at all.