Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Alternate supplier of ibuprophen gel

Posted by PerryS on 4/03/02 at 15:22 (078372)

My recovery is going well. Under my podiatrist's guidance, I'm back to running pain-free.

I've read lots of posts about the length of time it takes to get the ibuprophen cream from the German supplier and how expensive the cream is.

I hope this helps: Before ever visiting this board, and not knowing about the German supplier, I ordered ibuprophen gel from a New Zealand company. It's called 'Deep Relief' and comes in a 50g tube. It was only like $7 with $4 shipping (the invoice is in New Zealand dollars). I ordered it on a Tuesday and received it on Wednesday of the next week.

Here's the link: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/healthchemist-au/203157.html

Best wishes to all,
Perry

Re: Alternate supplier of ibuprophen gel

D.Thomas on 4/03/02 at 15:38 (078375)

Hmm. I just wonder about the actual content of the Ibuprophen in 'deep Relief'. They don't say how much or what else is included.

The german product has it clearly stated in it's information. I have order three times from the german site and have never had a problem with the service.

PerryS on 4/03/02 at 17:36 (078386)

I researched it before I ordered it. There is more information on the product on the manufacturer's and other vendor web sites. The link I posted simply offered the best price. It has the same percentage of ibuprophen as the German product (5%).

If you order it often, then $20 for a 100g tube of the German product with free shipping is a better deal. However, for those who would like a cheaper way to experiment with its usage, Deep Relief may be a good option for only $11. Plus, it should arrive in a week's time.

Just offering another option.

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/03/02 at 22:00 (078434)

Perry:
You have made an excelent find-- much less than what I am paying for the product. Was it 'Dolgit' cream.

The shipping costs are steep though--- will need to consider that before ordering.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/03/02 at 22:01 (078435)

What German site did you find the product on? What was the price?
Ed

PerryS on 4/04/02 at 07:01 (078461)

Yes, the German product is Dolgit cream.

D.Thomas on 4/04/02 at 08:36 (078468)

Cool. Nice find!

Re: Pretty cheap in USA dollars so I took the plunge and ordered 2

Mahatmelissama on 4/08/02 at 22:16 (078883)

Thanks! I am impatient and want fast delievery...so I tried this instead of the German stie (plus I read one unhappy's customers comments somewhere on this site). Since you are a happy customer, I am doing this too.

I will let y'all know if it helps...I doubt it will do much but you never know. (I am a skeptic but desperate).

Thanks for the heads up! :)

Re: Alles ist klar, der kommisser...

Mahatmelissama on 4/08/02 at 22:21 (078884)

I just thought of that song that was a big hit in the 80s for some reason and had to share that with you all. I took German for 3 years because I thought German sounded so cool but I never get to use it in California danganabit I should have taken more Spanish (only took it a couple times in Middle School).

'Don't turn around a-wo-hooo..joe-joe..
der Kommisser's in town...oh woo-hoo...
if it comes to you as no surprise ...
the more you live the fast you will die....'

Somebody shoot me, I got that song stuck in my head now.

Andrue on 5/08/02 at 07:30 (082986)

Isn't it weird how different countries provide different medicatins. We can get Ibuprofen gel under the brand name Nurofen (very well known) in the UK from just about any chemist and even my local Tesco (large national grocery chain) stocks it.

D.Thomas on 4/03/02 at 15:38 (078375)

Hmm. I just wonder about the actual content of the Ibuprophen in 'deep Relief'. They don't say how much or what else is included.

The german product has it clearly stated in it's information. I have order three times from the german site and have never had a problem with the service.

PerryS on 4/03/02 at 17:36 (078386)

I researched it before I ordered it. There is more information on the product on the manufacturer's and other vendor web sites. The link I posted simply offered the best price. It has the same percentage of ibuprophen as the German product (5%).

If you order it often, then $20 for a 100g tube of the German product with free shipping is a better deal. However, for those who would like a cheaper way to experiment with its usage, Deep Relief may be a good option for only $11. Plus, it should arrive in a week's time.

Just offering another option.

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/03/02 at 22:00 (078434)

Perry:
You have made an excelent find-- much less than what I am paying for the product. Was it 'Dolgit' cream.

The shipping costs are steep though--- will need to consider that before ordering.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/03/02 at 22:01 (078435)

What German site did you find the product on? What was the price?
Ed

PerryS on 4/04/02 at 07:01 (078461)

Yes, the German product is Dolgit cream.

D.Thomas on 4/04/02 at 08:36 (078468)

Cool. Nice find!

Re: Pretty cheap in USA dollars so I took the plunge and ordered 2

Mahatmelissama on 4/08/02 at 22:16 (078883)

Thanks! I am impatient and want fast delievery...so I tried this instead of the German stie (plus I read one unhappy's customers comments somewhere on this site). Since you are a happy customer, I am doing this too.

I will let y'all know if it helps...I doubt it will do much but you never know. (I am a skeptic but desperate).

Thanks for the heads up! :)

Re: Alles ist klar, der kommisser...

Mahatmelissama on 4/08/02 at 22:21 (078884)

I just thought of that song that was a big hit in the 80s for some reason and had to share that with you all. I took German for 3 years because I thought German sounded so cool but I never get to use it in California danganabit I should have taken more Spanish (only took it a couple times in Middle School).

'Don't turn around a-wo-hooo..joe-joe..
der Kommisser's in town...oh woo-hoo...
if it comes to you as no surprise ...
the more you live the fast you will die....'

Somebody shoot me, I got that song stuck in my head now.

Andrue on 5/08/02 at 07:30 (082986)

Isn't it weird how different countries provide different medicatins. We can get Ibuprofen gel under the brand name Nurofen (very well known) in the UK from just about any chemist and even my local Tesco (large national grocery chain) stocks it.