Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

THE DAY FROM HE&% THEY RESCHEDULED MY SURGERY ...:(

Posted by Laurie R on 4/03/02 at 19:12 (078391)

If you can just listen to me that will be enough ... I am so upset right now and depressed .... I am trying not to do the 'why does this always happen to me ' ,but it is hard not to .. I had a pain management appointment today . As I was waiting in the room to be seen , one of the ladies that workds there comes in . The first thing I said to her was , please don't tell me anythng bad. She said Laurie you are not going to like this. My stomach dropped... She said my Pod office had just called her to tell them that they had to reschedule my surgery for May 7 . I was like what ?? I told her that she had to be kidding and I did not want to hear this. Of course I asked why . She said that my Pod had to get a different doctor to assist the one he had was going to be busy . They claim they just found out today .

Now mind you my surgery has been scheduled now for a few weeks and all approved ... Man was I ever so mad.. My Pain do was not there today so I had to see the other doctor. She is really nice. She came in and said how are you . I said do you really want to know ? She said on no you are Laurie and I have been working on everything for you surgery this week , then she says the whole office has also been working on my case.

I told her I was so mad , and that I did not know to yell or cry . She told me to do both , she said for me to go home and cry then call my Pod office and yell at them ....

So they called my Pain doc and told him and he said he would still do what he was going to do for his part for my surgery on May 7 . So in the meantime my last injection has worn off I'm in major pain and stress sure does not help it any ...

I AM JUST SO PIST RIGHT NOW . I have cried , I have yelled , Bless Tammie heart , she wrote me an email and I cried through reading the whole thing . Tammie I will have to reread it ...

Then I go to get my pain meds and WC would not approve it ... One thing after another today . As some of you know , in Pain management you get your meds for the whole month , so I needed them. Finally I had to call my Pod to write the script so I could get it . I was so made I did not want to talk to him but I had to . He did do it for me and tried to explain why he had to reschedule my surgery . I will be honest I did not want to even listen at that point and time...

I know things happen , but dam , I have been waiting so very long to get this surgery , I am ready . I will tell you this , when I am mad I have no anxiety at all ... So maybe their is good in this .

I also know that things happen for a reason , I sure don't know what the reason is for this happening ...

So I told myself that it is ok for me to stay mad and I have every right to feel the way I feel . Now I have one more month to wait for surgery . So I am going to spend a lot of time doing Julies tape , now I can do it each and everyday . It has helped me so much ...

It just seems like a bad dream , but I know it is not ...When I did talk to my Pod for a minute today , he did say he wants my surgery to come out perfect and he is not going to settle for less. I do have major stuff wrong with my foot and ankle , I mean I should be happy that he feels this way . I want it done right , I don't need even more problems then I already have ...

Tomorrow is a new day and I am going to start it off good , then I think I will get a book on positive thinking that Carmen suggested to me ...

I appreciate all your wonderful thoughts for me , can you please hold on to them for another month .....

Thanks for listening to me , I so appreciate everyone ......

Laurie R

Re: THE DAY FROM HE&% THEY RESCHEDULED MY SURGERY ...:(

Suzanne D on 4/03/02 at 19:27 (078393)

Oh, Laurie, I am so sorry for this delay! Just when you were prepared and ready for the 'countdown'! I AM glad the doctor will not settle for just getting by and wants everything to be 'perfect' for the surgery; that is a good sign. But I am so sorry for this delay.

Bless your heart...You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Suzanne

Re: P.S.

Suzanne D on 4/03/02 at 19:31 (078394)

Laurie, I e-mailed you some cards this morning - sent so that you would receive one every day until your surgery. Of course I wrote things like 'As you go into surgery tomorrow...', etc. so I wanted you to understand when you receive them that they were sent before I knew...

I thought while I was out of school and had more time I would have them all sent to be received each day. I didn't want you to wonder as you get them why I didn't remember that the surgery was rescheduled!

Pam B on 4/03/02 at 20:01 (078403)

Laurie, please try to remember what I tell myself when things like this happen.......everything happens for good reason.....I know you cannot see this now as I know I would not be able to see anything but anger either right now, but you have to believe that it happened because now was not the right time for you to have this done....your complicated situation requires perfection and please dont let yourself settle for anything less.....I am so sorry, I know you were more than ready and I know how much you were looking forward to this being over, but I also believe God has his reasons for this turn of events......and I believe it is for your protection.....please try to stay calm and please remember, good or bad, everything happens for a reason.....you may never know what that reason is, but that angel that is sitting on your shoulder knows all and is protecting you from harm

Carole C in NOLA on 4/03/02 at 20:35 (078408)

Oh no! I'm so sorry they delayed your surgery, Laurie. What an awful disappointment. I think you are taking it very well, under the circumstances. :(

Carole C

Janet C on 4/03/02 at 20:41 (078409)

Beautiful words, Pam ~ I believe what you have said is very true, and I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Laurie ~ you have my sympathy... I know how long you've been waiting for this, and if I were in your place, I would be upset and angry too - you have every right to feel that way! But re-read Pam's words, and try to look for the positive side...

I believe that the Lord has a plan... let go, and let God's will be done.
Keep the faith!

And if I were there, I'd give you a great BIG {{{(((HUG)))}}}!

With Love Always ~ Janet

Anthony P on 4/03/02 at 20:49 (078410)

Sorry to read that they delayed your surgery Laurie, Well sounds like the doc ONLY wants the best for you r surgery , thats a positive thing . Let the flowers and sun shine of spring time brighten your days : )
My thoughts and prayers are with you always Your friend Anthony P

Nancy N on 4/03/02 at 20:56 (078414)

Laurie--

I'm really tired right now, so this will be brief, but I wanted to let you know I was so crushed when I saw your message. I do think it's important that they do everything they can to make sure that you get the best possible surgery, but that doesn't do a whole lot to lessen the disappointment.

You know everyone on this board will hold those wonderful thoughts for you for as long as necessary. We all love you and if you only have the collective positive energy coming from all of us, you will still be better off than most people. Hang in there......

Necee on 4/03/02 at 21:30 (078421)

Dearest Laurie,
I can't believe what I just read. But what I do believe is God holds the answers, so just let go and turn it over to him.

I can understand how frustrated and anxious you are to get this surgery over with, but now you must accept this setback. Please don't waste your time or energy dwelling on the negative, keep those thoughts focused on preparing yourself for this surgery.

It has been such an uphill battle all the way for you, and like I have told you before, I admire your strength and courage.
Like your other friends here have stated so well, there is a reason for this. We sure don't know what that reason is, but God does know.

I will be praying for you and I know that as you wait on this new surgery date, you will take this extra time to draw on your inner strength. Its not easy being in pain all the time and having to wait as long as you have,
but as you wait I hope that you know we are all waiting right along with you, and when you enter that hospital we will all be right there with you in our thoughts and prayers.
Happy trails to you........
Love, Necee

Rich on 4/03/02 at 21:49 (078428)

So sorry to hear about the delay. I know you are frustrated and angry right now. I got this email today and kept it for some reason. Maybe it was so I could copy it for you? God does work in mysterious ways. Hang in there!

Rich

Brenda was a young woman who was invited to go rock climbing.
> > Although she was scared to death, she went with her group to a
> >tremendous
> >granite cliff. In spite of her fear, she put on the gear,
> >
> >
> > took a hold on
> >
> > the rope, and started up the face of that rock.
> >
> > Well, she got to a ledge where she could take a breather. As she was
> > hanging on there, the safety rope snapped against Brenda's eye and
> >knocked
> >out her contact lens.
> >
> > Well, here she is on a rock ledge, with hundreds of feet below her
> >and
> > hundreds of feet above her. Of course, she looked and looked and
> >looked,
> > hoping it had landed on the ledge, but it just wasn't there.
> >
> > Here she was, far from home, her sight now blurry. She was desperate
> >
> >
> > and began to get upset, so she prayed to the Lord to help
> >
> > her to find it.
> > When she got to the top, a friend examined her eye and her clothing
> >for
> >the lens, but there was no contact lens to be found.
> >
> > She sat down, despondent, with the rest of the party, waiting for the
> >rest
> > of them to make it up the face of the cliff. She looked out across
> >range
> > after range of mountains, thinking of that Bible verse that says,
> >'The
> >eyes of the Lord run to and for throughout the whole earth.'
> >
> > She thought, 'Lord, You can see all these mountains. You know every
> >stone
> >and leaf, and You know exactly where my contact lens is. Please help
> >me.'
> >
> > Finally, they walked down the trail to the bottom. At the bottom
> >there
> >was a new party of climbers just starting up the face of the cliff.
> > One of them shouted out, 'Hey, you guys! Anybody lose a contact
> >lens?'
> >
> > Well, that would be startling enough, but you know why the climber
> >saw it?
> >An ant was moving slowly across the face of the rock, carrying it.
> > Brenda told me that her father is a cartoonist. When she told him the
> > incredible story of the ant, the prayer, and the contact lens, he
> >drew a
> > picture of an ant lugging that contact lens with the words, 'Lord, I
> >don't
> >know why You want me to carry this thing. I can't eat it, and it's
> >awfully
> >heavy. But if this is what You want me to do, I'll carry it for You.'
> >
> > I think it would probably do some of us good to occasionally say,
> >'God,
> > don't know why you want me to carry this load. I can see no good in
> >it and
> > it's awfully heavy. But, if you want me to carry it, I will.'
> >
> > God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

linda a on 4/03/02 at 22:36 (078447)

hello laurie ! yes -- i'm still hanging on . things could have been worse . when i had knee surgery years ago , it was schedule for the friday after thanksgiving . i didn't come home until late that night to check my answering machine messages . message ---sorry have to reschedule the surgery , wife made plans to go out of town . i was so MADD !!!!!! i had wasted a vacation day to take off for surgery . just think if i had not gone home to check the messages . i rode my bike for 30 min today all on flat land . i started back riding this weekend .kentucky weather is so screwy ; yesterday was so beautiful w/hi's in 80's and today high was only 45 degrees . take care . linda (Ky)

Re: Rich

wendyn on 4/03/02 at 23:47 (078452)

Rich, I had a VERY bad day...in some respects.

Your little story made me feel like maybe there is a reason these things happen.

Thanks for the reminder.

Julie on 4/04/02 at 01:06 (078457)

Laurie, what a bummer! I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this a few minutes ago. No wonder you're upset, you have every reason to be.

I know how much you want to be 'positive', but just for now, and for as long as it takes, please give yourself permission to be as 'negative' and angry and disappointed as you are. It's ok, it really is. Feel all of that now, and then in a few days you'll be able to appreciate your pod's concern for you and his wish to have it all perfect.

The next few weeks will pass, and then you'll go in and have the surgery and all will go well. Meanwhile we're all with you: you know that.

Lots of love to you Laurie, Julie

JudyS on 4/04/02 at 11:23 (078482)

Laurie I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your post! You did so much better than I would have ........I'd have been yelling at the docs, the attorney, the mayor, the governor........
You're an amazing woman but I'll bet you're pretty sick and tired of being one! You keep having to make up for other people's yukky decisions. Enough already! :)
No matter what, when or where, Laurie, your surgery is our surgery so I suspect we're going to stick close to your side come hell or high water.
Bless you.

BrianG on 4/04/02 at 16:39 (078506)

Bummer, big bummer!!! I don't suppose that you can get another nerve block in the mean time. Or how about they do 1/2 the procedure on the original day, just implant the pump? That would help, as far as the pain is concerned. Do they have a maximum time limit on how long you can wear the pump? Just a thought, good luck.

BrianG

Re: Laurie, our wing tips are touching

Tammie on 4/04/02 at 17:27 (078509)

Dear gentle Laurie, As others have said most of the things I to would want to say , so I ditto all of there heartfelt words! I also add to them that remember our dear friend we shall gather with strenghth and prayers for you always as we gently carry you through the hard days of waiting . We may not be able to make your pain vanish but we certainly can carry your heart way above the pain! You are always in my prayers and thoughts! I imagine you listening to your tape, as I to am working with it. I have such a awful hard time sitting still so long tho am working on that also. The feelings of guilt, sitting when there is always something to do or that needs done .

My daughter told me last night mom angel told me her mom will not get the surgery now till may. She felt badly for that to as she says mom she has alot of pain it does not seem fair that one person should have so much pain. She said can I still call angel I said yes we will surprise you one day Laurie and Angel! Take care our friend and know that no matter which day or month this surgery is we your friends will be there with you in heart and spirit.Giving you the most positive vibes! Love to you and hope that you are feeling a bit better about things , I absoultly understand the disapointment and frustration!

Sharon W on 4/04/02 at 17:33 (078510)

Laurie,

That is incredibly crummy news, and your anger and frustration must be HUGE! I'm SO sorry this happened to you.

-- Sharon

Rick R on 4/04/02 at 21:24 (078540)

Major crappage! Does he know how many people he's messing with. How dare he. Crying and yelling don't work worth a damned for me, I prefer to break stuff. Back when I was young and dumber, well young, my lovely wife got me so mad I turned the picnic table into tooth picks with a sledge hammer. I cooled off about half way into the project but saw it through more as a quest, what a great workout. Fortunately I never progressed beyond inanimate objects. I suppose it's a good thing I'm too tired to get mad much anymore. I passed that fire on to daughter #2. I'll be glad to sick her on your doctor, oh hell, I'll get the old sledge hammer out for you, I'm sure I have one last burst of fire and brimstone left!

Rick

Re: Laurie

Carmen on 4/05/02 at 08:11 (078561)

You know what Laurie? Sometimes it is just palin FINE to say WHY ME? Sometimes and forgive me if I offend anyone but it's okay to say this F%$#&^ng sucks! When will a break ever come! WHY ME? What next??????
Sometimes...it helps to be negative and get it all out. I know when I hit a down spot and am tired of being positive I tell my husband 'I want to complain and cry! I am tired of being strong and positive and BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to be angry and scream why me and why has my life had to chagne so much!!!!!!!!'
AFTER that? I always feel better. Always. It's a release we all need sometimes.
So to hell with all the positivity at times it is more than okay to be mad...and you deserve a good release Laurie!
I'm glad you got the book..she has a work book that goes with it. VERY helpful.
;-)

Julie on 4/07/02 at 16:35 (078759)

Carmen, I agree absolutely. It's unrealistic to 'be positive' all the time. The downside is as real as the upside, and the vital thing is to see both as they are. So if a thing sucks, it sucks, right? And it's ok to say so.

Suzanne D on 4/03/02 at 19:27 (078393)

Oh, Laurie, I am so sorry for this delay! Just when you were prepared and ready for the 'countdown'! I AM glad the doctor will not settle for just getting by and wants everything to be 'perfect' for the surgery; that is a good sign. But I am so sorry for this delay.

Bless your heart...You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Suzanne

Suzanne D on 4/03/02 at 19:31 (078394)

Laurie, I e-mailed you some cards this morning - sent so that you would receive one every day until your surgery. Of course I wrote things like 'As you go into surgery tomorrow...', etc. so I wanted you to understand when you receive them that they were sent before I knew...

I thought while I was out of school and had more time I would have them all sent to be received each day. I didn't want you to wonder as you get them why I didn't remember that the surgery was rescheduled!

Pam B on 4/03/02 at 20:01 (078403)

Laurie, please try to remember what I tell myself when things like this happen.......everything happens for good reason.....I know you cannot see this now as I know I would not be able to see anything but anger either right now, but you have to believe that it happened because now was not the right time for you to have this done....your complicated situation requires perfection and please dont let yourself settle for anything less.....I am so sorry, I know you were more than ready and I know how much you were looking forward to this being over, but I also believe God has his reasons for this turn of events......and I believe it is for your protection.....please try to stay calm and please remember, good or bad, everything happens for a reason.....you may never know what that reason is, but that angel that is sitting on your shoulder knows all and is protecting you from harm

Carole C in NOLA on 4/03/02 at 20:35 (078408)

Oh no! I'm so sorry they delayed your surgery, Laurie. What an awful disappointment. I think you are taking it very well, under the circumstances. :(

Carole C

Janet C on 4/03/02 at 20:41 (078409)

Beautiful words, Pam ~ I believe what you have said is very true, and I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Laurie ~ you have my sympathy... I know how long you've been waiting for this, and if I were in your place, I would be upset and angry too - you have every right to feel that way! But re-read Pam's words, and try to look for the positive side...

I believe that the Lord has a plan... let go, and let God's will be done.
Keep the faith!

And if I were there, I'd give you a great BIG {{{(((HUG)))}}}!

With Love Always ~ Janet

Anthony P on 4/03/02 at 20:49 (078410)

Sorry to read that they delayed your surgery Laurie, Well sounds like the doc ONLY wants the best for you r surgery , thats a positive thing . Let the flowers and sun shine of spring time brighten your days : )
My thoughts and prayers are with you always Your friend Anthony P

Nancy N on 4/03/02 at 20:56 (078414)

Laurie--

I'm really tired right now, so this will be brief, but I wanted to let you know I was so crushed when I saw your message. I do think it's important that they do everything they can to make sure that you get the best possible surgery, but that doesn't do a whole lot to lessen the disappointment.

You know everyone on this board will hold those wonderful thoughts for you for as long as necessary. We all love you and if you only have the collective positive energy coming from all of us, you will still be better off than most people. Hang in there......

Necee on 4/03/02 at 21:30 (078421)

Dearest Laurie,
I can't believe what I just read. But what I do believe is God holds the answers, so just let go and turn it over to him.

I can understand how frustrated and anxious you are to get this surgery over with, but now you must accept this setback. Please don't waste your time or energy dwelling on the negative, keep those thoughts focused on preparing yourself for this surgery.

It has been such an uphill battle all the way for you, and like I have told you before, I admire your strength and courage.
Like your other friends here have stated so well, there is a reason for this. We sure don't know what that reason is, but God does know.

I will be praying for you and I know that as you wait on this new surgery date, you will take this extra time to draw on your inner strength. Its not easy being in pain all the time and having to wait as long as you have,
but as you wait I hope that you know we are all waiting right along with you, and when you enter that hospital we will all be right there with you in our thoughts and prayers.
Happy trails to you........
Love, Necee

Rich on 4/03/02 at 21:49 (078428)

So sorry to hear about the delay. I know you are frustrated and angry right now. I got this email today and kept it for some reason. Maybe it was so I could copy it for you? God does work in mysterious ways. Hang in there!

Rich

Brenda was a young woman who was invited to go rock climbing.
> > Although she was scared to death, she went with her group to a
> >tremendous
> >granite cliff. In spite of her fear, she put on the gear,
> >
> >
> > took a hold on
> >
> > the rope, and started up the face of that rock.
> >
> > Well, she got to a ledge where she could take a breather. As she was
> > hanging on there, the safety rope snapped against Brenda's eye and
> >knocked
> >out her contact lens.
> >
> > Well, here she is on a rock ledge, with hundreds of feet below her
> >and
> > hundreds of feet above her. Of course, she looked and looked and
> >looked,
> > hoping it had landed on the ledge, but it just wasn't there.
> >
> > Here she was, far from home, her sight now blurry. She was desperate
> >
> >
> > and began to get upset, so she prayed to the Lord to help
> >
> > her to find it.
> > When she got to the top, a friend examined her eye and her clothing
> >for
> >the lens, but there was no contact lens to be found.
> >
> > She sat down, despondent, with the rest of the party, waiting for the
> >rest
> > of them to make it up the face of the cliff. She looked out across
> >range
> > after range of mountains, thinking of that Bible verse that says,
> >'The
> >eyes of the Lord run to and for throughout the whole earth.'
> >
> > She thought, 'Lord, You can see all these mountains. You know every
> >stone
> >and leaf, and You know exactly where my contact lens is. Please help
> >me.'
> >
> > Finally, they walked down the trail to the bottom. At the bottom
> >there
> >was a new party of climbers just starting up the face of the cliff.
> > One of them shouted out, 'Hey, you guys! Anybody lose a contact
> >lens?'
> >
> > Well, that would be startling enough, but you know why the climber
> >saw it?
> >An ant was moving slowly across the face of the rock, carrying it.
> > Brenda told me that her father is a cartoonist. When she told him the
> > incredible story of the ant, the prayer, and the contact lens, he
> >drew a
> > picture of an ant lugging that contact lens with the words, 'Lord, I
> >don't
> >know why You want me to carry this thing. I can't eat it, and it's
> >awfully
> >heavy. But if this is what You want me to do, I'll carry it for You.'
> >
> > I think it would probably do some of us good to occasionally say,
> >'God,
> > don't know why you want me to carry this load. I can see no good in
> >it and
> > it's awfully heavy. But, if you want me to carry it, I will.'
> >
> > God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

linda a on 4/03/02 at 22:36 (078447)

hello laurie ! yes -- i'm still hanging on . things could have been worse . when i had knee surgery years ago , it was schedule for the friday after thanksgiving . i didn't come home until late that night to check my answering machine messages . message ---sorry have to reschedule the surgery , wife made plans to go out of town . i was so MADD !!!!!! i had wasted a vacation day to take off for surgery . just think if i had not gone home to check the messages . i rode my bike for 30 min today all on flat land . i started back riding this weekend .kentucky weather is so screwy ; yesterday was so beautiful w/hi's in 80's and today high was only 45 degrees . take care . linda (Ky)

Re: Rich

wendyn on 4/03/02 at 23:47 (078452)

Rich, I had a VERY bad day...in some respects.

Your little story made me feel like maybe there is a reason these things happen.

Thanks for the reminder.

Julie on 4/04/02 at 01:06 (078457)

Laurie, what a bummer! I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this a few minutes ago. No wonder you're upset, you have every reason to be.

I know how much you want to be 'positive', but just for now, and for as long as it takes, please give yourself permission to be as 'negative' and angry and disappointed as you are. It's ok, it really is. Feel all of that now, and then in a few days you'll be able to appreciate your pod's concern for you and his wish to have it all perfect.

The next few weeks will pass, and then you'll go in and have the surgery and all will go well. Meanwhile we're all with you: you know that.

Lots of love to you Laurie, Julie

JudyS on 4/04/02 at 11:23 (078482)

Laurie I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your post! You did so much better than I would have ........I'd have been yelling at the docs, the attorney, the mayor, the governor........
You're an amazing woman but I'll bet you're pretty sick and tired of being one! You keep having to make up for other people's yukky decisions. Enough already! :)
No matter what, when or where, Laurie, your surgery is our surgery so I suspect we're going to stick close to your side come hell or high water.
Bless you.

BrianG on 4/04/02 at 16:39 (078506)

Bummer, big bummer!!! I don't suppose that you can get another nerve block in the mean time. Or how about they do 1/2 the procedure on the original day, just implant the pump? That would help, as far as the pain is concerned. Do they have a maximum time limit on how long you can wear the pump? Just a thought, good luck.

BrianG

Re: Laurie, our wing tips are touching

Tammie on 4/04/02 at 17:27 (078509)

Dear gentle Laurie, As others have said most of the things I to would want to say , so I ditto all of there heartfelt words! I also add to them that remember our dear friend we shall gather with strenghth and prayers for you always as we gently carry you through the hard days of waiting . We may not be able to make your pain vanish but we certainly can carry your heart way above the pain! You are always in my prayers and thoughts! I imagine you listening to your tape, as I to am working with it. I have such a awful hard time sitting still so long tho am working on that also. The feelings of guilt, sitting when there is always something to do or that needs done .

My daughter told me last night mom angel told me her mom will not get the surgery now till may. She felt badly for that to as she says mom she has alot of pain it does not seem fair that one person should have so much pain. She said can I still call angel I said yes we will surprise you one day Laurie and Angel! Take care our friend and know that no matter which day or month this surgery is we your friends will be there with you in heart and spirit.Giving you the most positive vibes! Love to you and hope that you are feeling a bit better about things , I absoultly understand the disapointment and frustration!

Sharon W on 4/04/02 at 17:33 (078510)

Laurie,

That is incredibly crummy news, and your anger and frustration must be HUGE! I'm SO sorry this happened to you.

-- Sharon

Rick R on 4/04/02 at 21:24 (078540)

Major crappage! Does he know how many people he's messing with. How dare he. Crying and yelling don't work worth a damned for me, I prefer to break stuff. Back when I was young and dumber, well young, my lovely wife got me so mad I turned the picnic table into tooth picks with a sledge hammer. I cooled off about half way into the project but saw it through more as a quest, what a great workout. Fortunately I never progressed beyond inanimate objects. I suppose it's a good thing I'm too tired to get mad much anymore. I passed that fire on to daughter #2. I'll be glad to sick her on your doctor, oh hell, I'll get the old sledge hammer out for you, I'm sure I have one last burst of fire and brimstone left!

Rick

Carmen on 4/05/02 at 08:11 (078561)

You know what Laurie? Sometimes it is just palin FINE to say WHY ME? Sometimes and forgive me if I offend anyone but it's okay to say this F%$#&^ng sucks! When will a break ever come! WHY ME? What next??????
Sometimes...it helps to be negative and get it all out. I know when I hit a down spot and am tired of being positive I tell my husband 'I want to complain and cry! I am tired of being strong and positive and BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to be angry and scream why me and why has my life had to chagne so much!!!!!!!!'
AFTER that? I always feel better. Always. It's a release we all need sometimes.
So to hell with all the positivity at times it is more than okay to be mad...and you deserve a good release Laurie!
I'm glad you got the book..she has a work book that goes with it. VERY helpful.
;-)

Julie on 4/07/02 at 16:35 (078759)

Carmen, I agree absolutely. It's unrealistic to 'be positive' all the time. The downside is as real as the upside, and the vital thing is to see both as they are. So if a thing sucks, it sucks, right? And it's ok to say so.