Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

JUMPERS KNEE

Posted by Brett H. on 4/04/02 at 09:26 (078471)

I WAS JUST DIAGNOSED WITH JUMPERS KNEE (RIGHT KNEE). HOW IS THIS CURED, WHAT KIND OF REHABILITATION WILL HELP. I AM 13 YEARS OLD AND PLAY SOCCER.

Re: JUMPERS KNEE

BGCPed on 4/06/02 at 07:51 (078651)

If you were told it was jumpers knee what did the Dr tell you to do? Sometimes they want you to wear good support shoes (not the bad ones with air chambers in the heel) also some slide on knee sleeves with a buttress around your knee work. That is mostly seen in young guys from about 11 to 14 years old, I would bet you have also had a growth spurt in the last year. You may want to call the Dr back and ask what all you can do it he didt tell you the first time.

Usually starting up a new season of a sport that pound the legs like soccer or basketball will set it off. Also ask the Dr who he suggests you go to to have your shoes and foot mechanics evaluated if he doesnt do that himself. Soccer shoes have very little support but you can get some inserts in them. If you dont get custom there is a company called Superfeet that makes a good low profile insert that goes in soccer shoes and skates, if you have flat feet or they roll in these may help ease the knee a bit

Re: JUMPERS KNEE

BGCPed on 4/06/02 at 07:51 (078651)

If you were told it was jumpers knee what did the Dr tell you to do? Sometimes they want you to wear good support shoes (not the bad ones with air chambers in the heel) also some slide on knee sleeves with a buttress around your knee work. That is mostly seen in young guys from about 11 to 14 years old, I would bet you have also had a growth spurt in the last year. You may want to call the Dr back and ask what all you can do it he didt tell you the first time.

Usually starting up a new season of a sport that pound the legs like soccer or basketball will set it off. Also ask the Dr who he suggests you go to to have your shoes and foot mechanics evaluated if he doesnt do that himself. Soccer shoes have very little support but you can get some inserts in them. If you dont get custom there is a company called Superfeet that makes a good low profile insert that goes in soccer shoes and skates, if you have flat feet or they roll in these may help ease the knee a bit