Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Have a good trip out to sea, Carole!

Posted by Suzanne D on 4/04/02 at 22:26 (078544)

Carole, I have been gone for the last few hours and may be writing too late for you to see this, but I just wanted to say I hope you have a great time at sea! We'll hope to see more neat photos and hear that you had no problems at all with your feet.

Bon Voyage! (I've always wanted to say that to someone!)
Suzanne :-)

Re: Have a good trip out to sea, Carole!

Carole C in NOLA on 4/04/02 at 22:54 (078546)

Thanks, Suzanne! I leave less than six hours and I'm waiting for my hair to dry. I just finished packing.

Got a little behind, because Frank took me on that walk around the French Quarter! We covered nearly every block of it. I wore my Free Times, and did OK, especially for the first couple of hours when I was full of energy and walking so fast! By the time we got back to the car, I was ready to sit down though.

Well, I should get some sleep and when I get up I'll be on my way. Bye for now!

Carole C

Re: New Orleans

wendyn on 4/05/02 at 00:04 (078548)

My hubby will be there in a month - any suggestions on 'must sees'? I wish I was going!

Re: New Orleans- for Wendy

Suzanne D on 4/05/02 at 07:21 (078553)

Hi, Wendy! Since Carole is going on a trip for 5 - 6 days, I wanted to tell you to check the following thread which is getting close to the bottom of this page now. This is how it begins:

CAROLE In NOLA - Carmen H 3/28/02 18:54

In it, Carmen asks what would be some good places to see in New Orleans as she had a friend going there. Carole and Rich, who is also from Louisiana, both respond.

Maybe others can add to what they have said! I would like to go sometime. I was born in Norfolk, VA, and then we moved to New Orleans when I was 2 1/2 and lived there for 6 months. My parents were both from KY, and we moved back when I was 3 years old. I have always been curious about both places but never have had the chance yet to go to either.

I just thought I'd tell you about the thread below which might be interesting to you.

Re: New Orleans- for Suzanne

wendyn on 4/05/02 at 10:16 (078568)

Thanks Suzanne - I haven't been on much lately and I completly missed that!

john h on 4/05/02 at 11:28 (078587)

Wendy: He should not go to any of the places i went---

Re: John

wendyn on 4/05/02 at 16:15 (078598)

I guess not!

I read that thread and printed it out for him...I'll tell him to stay away from your old haunts.

I bet it's a whole lot warmer there than here.

We had the second coldest March on record - and we're back into the deep freeze again. This is ridiculous. Snow, ice and COLD. I need spring.

John h on 4/06/02 at 10:32 (078667)

When those cold spells hit you Wendy they eventually make their way to the old South. Of course they moderate. We had a freeze two days ago in Arkansas which is sort of unheard of in April. It was about 40 C this morning which is a heat wave where you live. When I was in Thule, Greenland we either slept,flew, or stayed in the Officer Club Bar. There was absolutely no outdoor activities.

Julie on 4/07/02 at 16:37 (078761)

Wendy, I checked the car at 6.30 this morning to find the windscreen and all the windows covered in a rock-hard layer of ice.

This after a week of real Spring. But it was still sunny and clear - only more like winter.

John h on 4/07/02 at 17:10 (078763)

Well, I think the real spring hs arrived in Little Rock. Strong thunderstorms due tonight and in the uppers 70's and 80's mext week. Eat your hearts out Julie and Wendy! Azeleas are blooming, birds are chirping, and I am at peace with the world.

Re: Winter

wendyn on 4/07/02 at 22:10 (078784)

It was really nice yesterday - almost T-shirt weather (almost). We barbequed for dinner....woke up this morning to several inches of snow.

Barf.

John h on 4/08/02 at 21:58 (078878)

Wendy: I am sure glad I do not live where you do in April. Having PF is bad enough. I hope when your nice weather arrives it makes up for it all.

Re: Have a good trip out to sea, Carole!

Carole C in NOLA on 4/04/02 at 22:54 (078546)

Thanks, Suzanne! I leave less than six hours and I'm waiting for my hair to dry. I just finished packing.

Got a little behind, because Frank took me on that walk around the French Quarter! We covered nearly every block of it. I wore my Free Times, and did OK, especially for the first couple of hours when I was full of energy and walking so fast! By the time we got back to the car, I was ready to sit down though.

Well, I should get some sleep and when I get up I'll be on my way. Bye for now!

Carole C

wendyn on 4/05/02 at 00:04 (078548)

My hubby will be there in a month - any suggestions on 'must sees'? I wish I was going!

Re: New Orleans- for Wendy

Suzanne D on 4/05/02 at 07:21 (078553)

Hi, Wendy! Since Carole is going on a trip for 5 - 6 days, I wanted to tell you to check the following thread which is getting close to the bottom of this page now. This is how it begins:

CAROLE In NOLA - Carmen H 3/28/02 18:54

In it, Carmen asks what would be some good places to see in New Orleans as she had a friend going there. Carole and Rich, who is also from Louisiana, both respond.

Maybe others can add to what they have said! I would like to go sometime. I was born in Norfolk, VA, and then we moved to New Orleans when I was 2 1/2 and lived there for 6 months. My parents were both from KY, and we moved back when I was 3 years old. I have always been curious about both places but never have had the chance yet to go to either.

I just thought I'd tell you about the thread below which might be interesting to you.

Re: New Orleans- for Suzanne

wendyn on 4/05/02 at 10:16 (078568)

Thanks Suzanne - I haven't been on much lately and I completly missed that!

john h on 4/05/02 at 11:28 (078587)

Wendy: He should not go to any of the places i went---

wendyn on 4/05/02 at 16:15 (078598)

I guess not!

I read that thread and printed it out for him...I'll tell him to stay away from your old haunts.

I bet it's a whole lot warmer there than here.

We had the second coldest March on record - and we're back into the deep freeze again. This is ridiculous. Snow, ice and COLD. I need spring.

John h on 4/06/02 at 10:32 (078667)

When those cold spells hit you Wendy they eventually make their way to the old South. Of course they moderate. We had a freeze two days ago in Arkansas which is sort of unheard of in April. It was about 40 C this morning which is a heat wave where you live. When I was in Thule, Greenland we either slept,flew, or stayed in the Officer Club Bar. There was absolutely no outdoor activities.

Julie on 4/07/02 at 16:37 (078761)

Wendy, I checked the car at 6.30 this morning to find the windscreen and all the windows covered in a rock-hard layer of ice.

This after a week of real Spring. But it was still sunny and clear - only more like winter.

John h on 4/07/02 at 17:10 (078763)

Well, I think the real spring hs arrived in Little Rock. Strong thunderstorms due tonight and in the uppers 70's and 80's mext week. Eat your hearts out Julie and Wendy! Azeleas are blooming, birds are chirping, and I am at peace with the world.

wendyn on 4/07/02 at 22:10 (078784)

It was really nice yesterday - almost T-shirt weather (almost). We barbequed for dinner....woke up this morning to several inches of snow.

Barf.

John h on 4/08/02 at 21:58 (078878)

Wendy: I am sure glad I do not live where you do in April. Having PF is bad enough. I hope when your nice weather arrives it makes up for it all.