Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pain relief maybe cure

Posted by mary d on 4/05/02 at 19:01 (078619)

I go to a massage thearpist every week. she happened to have the same problem for years. her instructor helped her and in return taught her the method of relief. Some mornings I even forget to flex my foot. my pain is going away and no more steroid shots. Go to a thearpist that does spot treatment and really knows what they are doing.

Re: pain relief maybe cure

Kathy G on 4/05/02 at 19:11 (078620)

Hi Mary,

How interesting! Where does she massage? I mean, is it the heel area or the calves or what? When I went to PT, they almost killed me massaging the area where my neuroma was and then they started on my heels, which weren't hurting at the time, and that's when my PF actually started! So, I have stayed away from massage by professionals. My wonderful husband will rub my feet when they are particularly bad and the results are wonderful. The next morning they always feel better.

Has she had training in Sports Medicine? I ask because we have a very nice health club locally and it does offer massage therapy.

Thanks for any information you can give us and congratulations on finding something that works so well for you!

Re: I have been going for years and it only offers minor relief for me...

Mahatmelissama on 4/08/02 at 21:09 (078874)

I am a massage junkie! I dig it...really do. I have the best massage therapist, Donna Stodddard is her name (for those of you who may live in the South Bay(. She is awesome! She totally works the reflexogoy and goes deep. I have had a few instances where I would go to the Trader Joes nearby and be in NO PAIN...but not every time.

I got a massage certificate from a salesman I work for as a Xmas present and saw a pressure point message therapist a few weeks ago. She was very different...didn't go as deep tissure massage but had a different technique. I signed up for another session with her! So this month I will see Donna, next month Debbie.

It helps, yes it does, but I my problem is so chronic, I have to use physical therapy (starts on 04/17) and my pod is making custom orthoics (I got some made by a foot store...but my problem is so bad they don't give me much only minor relief).

I am pleased to see somebody get relief! God willing I will join you too (after I take off more excess weight and go through this PT and get new orthodics). If you pray, please pray I will be able to tolerate the new orthocis. I have 'tender feet' and I am wary of them. Took me a long time and 3 adjustments to break into the semi-rigid ones I have right now.

Dan L on 4/10/02 at 21:09 (079159)

Best wishes to you. I pray we ALL find relief. This PF thing is a monster of a problem that few others truly understand. Best wishes. (I'm at about 6 years now...bilateral.)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 14:22 (079294)

Mehatmelissama, when do you get your new orthotics? I am hoping so much that they work for you. Will they be hard ones, or soft ones, or do you know yet? I'm sure by now you don't have to be reminded to just wear them a short time and build up gradually. Also, it might help to ice your feet after you take them off, at first, since you have 'tender feet' and maybe they would swell a little when you wear new orthotics.

Carole C

Re: PF the monster

Mahatmelissama on 4/12/02 at 09:58 (079415)

May we all find relief! Have you found any relief Dan with any treatment?

Re: Thanks Carole!

Mahatmelissama on 4/12/02 at 10:05 (079420)

Yep, that is me, with the tender feet. I get them pretty much whenever my pod is done with them. She said she is working on them...but since she is ready to give birth any time, another Dr. is probably doing them (the one who took over her patients while she is out). They are going to be hard orthodics which as you know, SCARE ME. I do need more support, I can not seem to stay off my feet. My job has me sitting down praise God but I always end up on my feet a lot after work. I find sitting in a hot bath in the morning helped me somewhat...and I am going to take my Aleve and MSM mineral soon. The Aleve helps...the MSM has not helped yet (taken it for 2 weeks).

I think losing weight will help in the long wrong. I hope I took off some weight when I get weighed in tomorrow at Weight Watchers.

I start PT on 04/17 and I AM COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS. Thanks to this website, I am not afraid of PT (I was though when the pod Rx'd it...I had visions of someone twisting forward my toes...OUCH)!

How are your feet doing Carole? Are you still going to Walmart?

Re: pain relief maybe cure

Kathy G on 4/05/02 at 19:11 (078620)

Hi Mary,

How interesting! Where does she massage? I mean, is it the heel area or the calves or what? When I went to PT, they almost killed me massaging the area where my neuroma was and then they started on my heels, which weren't hurting at the time, and that's when my PF actually started! So, I have stayed away from massage by professionals. My wonderful husband will rub my feet when they are particularly bad and the results are wonderful. The next morning they always feel better.

Has she had training in Sports Medicine? I ask because we have a very nice health club locally and it does offer massage therapy.

Thanks for any information you can give us and congratulations on finding something that works so well for you!

Mahatmelissama on 4/08/02 at 21:09 (078874)

I am a massage junkie! I dig it...really do. I have the best massage therapist, Donna Stodddard is her name (for those of you who may live in the South Bay(. She is awesome! She totally works the reflexogoy and goes deep. I have had a few instances where I would go to the Trader Joes nearby and be in NO PAIN...but not every time.

I got a massage certificate from a salesman I work for as a Xmas present and saw a pressure point message therapist a few weeks ago. She was very different...didn't go as deep tissure massage but had a different technique. I signed up for another session with her! So this month I will see Donna, next month Debbie.

It helps, yes it does, but I my problem is so chronic, I have to use physical therapy (starts on 04/17) and my pod is making custom orthoics (I got some made by a foot store...but my problem is so bad they don't give me much only minor relief).

I am pleased to see somebody get relief! God willing I will join you too (after I take off more excess weight and go through this PT and get new orthodics). If you pray, please pray I will be able to tolerate the new orthocis. I have 'tender feet' and I am wary of them. Took me a long time and 3 adjustments to break into the semi-rigid ones I have right now.

Dan L on 4/10/02 at 21:09 (079159)

Best wishes to you. I pray we ALL find relief. This PF thing is a monster of a problem that few others truly understand. Best wishes. (I'm at about 6 years now...bilateral.)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 14:22 (079294)

Mehatmelissama, when do you get your new orthotics? I am hoping so much that they work for you. Will they be hard ones, or soft ones, or do you know yet? I'm sure by now you don't have to be reminded to just wear them a short time and build up gradually. Also, it might help to ice your feet after you take them off, at first, since you have 'tender feet' and maybe they would swell a little when you wear new orthotics.

Carole C

Re: PF the monster

Mahatmelissama on 4/12/02 at 09:58 (079415)

May we all find relief! Have you found any relief Dan with any treatment?

Re: Thanks Carole!

Mahatmelissama on 4/12/02 at 10:05 (079420)

Yep, that is me, with the tender feet. I get them pretty much whenever my pod is done with them. She said she is working on them...but since she is ready to give birth any time, another Dr. is probably doing them (the one who took over her patients while she is out). They are going to be hard orthodics which as you know, SCARE ME. I do need more support, I can not seem to stay off my feet. My job has me sitting down praise God but I always end up on my feet a lot after work. I find sitting in a hot bath in the morning helped me somewhat...and I am going to take my Aleve and MSM mineral soon. The Aleve helps...the MSM has not helped yet (taken it for 2 weeks).

I think losing weight will help in the long wrong. I hope I took off some weight when I get weighed in tomorrow at Weight Watchers.

I start PT on 04/17 and I AM COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS. Thanks to this website, I am not afraid of PT (I was though when the pod Rx'd it...I had visions of someone twisting forward my toes...OUCH)!

How are your feet doing Carole? Are you still going to Walmart?