Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am feeling GREAT

Posted by jessica k on 4/07/02 at 16:11 (078754)

hey everyone. It's been 10 days i think since my surgery. it's been going by soo fast. But i feel GREAT my foot RARELY hurts. On tuesday ( 5 days after the surgery) i went to see the doctor and he said i was heeling really really fast and it's looking good. I saw my foot. It looks soo gross. But alot better now. On friday (8 days after surgery) i went to the doctors again and i got my staples takin out it hurt a lot... i didn't like it. :( but it was over fast. I was crying and i wouldn't let the nurse near my foot but another nurse held me down, After i got them out i realized how stupid i'd been for putting up such a show . hehehehe. Now i am back in school. Actually i was back in school 5 days after the surgery. although it hurt alittle after, Everyone in my class laughts at me because of the sound my boot makes when i walk. There not doing it in a mean way, Just because it sounds like a horse, I went to the farm last tuesday and i got home and my foot was sooooooooooooo swollen. I stayed home the next day to make sure i didn't do anything to it. I asked the doctor it i could rebrake it and he said no and that i should with what i am doing usally.. now my foot feelings normal. I guess, i am really lucky since i didn't barely have any pain. After a few days. The doctor says i am even allowed to unrap my foot once a day. It feels good. well I am doing GREAT...........how about everyone else??

well i better go
thanxs
Jessica

Re: That is great Jessica

Tammie on 4/07/02 at 19:31 (078770)

I am very happy for you Jessica! You were very brave and I am so glad all is turning out well! Soon you will be back to doing all the things young people enjoy and yes riding Rain also! I do wish you well and glad to hear the recovery is going so wonderful! You and your wonderful friend, who helped you deserve to have a wonderful time . I hope that your healing keeps going well and by summer all will be forgotten and this is nothing but a dream ! Take good care and listen to your DR. and do as they say so you have a total healing! Now enjoy your teen days and listen to your Dr. Hugs to you and your very good friend!

Re: I am feeling GREAT

nancy s. on 4/07/02 at 20:02 (078774)

hi jessica, congratulations on your healing going so well! i probably haven't posted to you before -- i used to post a lot when my feet were very bad -- but i still always read the board, so i've been following your story. weekends are usually the slowest time on the board, because people are busier with their families and out more and all that. i'm sure you'll hear from more people after the weekend when they get back to reading the board.

i don't think you were a baby at all for having a hard time getting your staples taken out. i never had a surgery where i had to have staples removed, but i worked at a doctor's office once and saw people having staples removed, and it didn't look like any fun to me. now that you've been through it once, i'm sure you'll hold up better if you ever have to go through it again later in your life. it's not fun, but it doesn't take too long, right?

i'm glad you're improving, and checking with your doctor on things you should and shouldn't do. staying home and resting your foot after your more active day was smart.

good luck to you, jessica.

nancy

BrianG on 4/07/02 at 20:16 (078776)

Ahh, the healing power of youth..... :*)
Now I'm wondering why the doctor, or nurse, didn't use a little topical lidocaine before pulling out the staples? Anyone care to guess?

Keep on healing Jessica,
BrianG

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/07/02 at 20:48 (078777)

Staples are vey hard to get out period. That is why i don't use them anymore . I didn't think that anyone else did either

JudyS on 4/07/02 at 21:03 (078780)

Good to hear from you, Jess.....I was wondering about you just yesterday. Boy, I sure wish I was your age again and had such jackrabbit-quick healing time! It's great to hear that you're moving along well - keep following Doc's orders, k?

Rachael T. on 4/07/02 at 21:50 (078783)

Great feelings !!! Way to go Jess....soon you will be back in the saddle! And, that is something to look forward to in your near future. Good luck - & Canter away - but as any good riding coach would say, insure your lead!!!! smiling as I type that!

Crystal S on 4/07/02 at 22:48 (078789)

Hi Jessica,
I am so glad to hear that you are doing well.I had surgey last October and I had staples.My doctor waited 3 weeks to take them out.When he did it hurt horribly bad and I cried all the way through it and after and I was 29 years old. :-) so please don't think you are a baby.Those things hurt like everything.I am so happy to hear that you are getting back to normal.
Take care.

Blessings,
Crystal

P.S.
I have a daughter that is 10 1/2 and she LOVES horses too. :-)

Julie on 4/08/02 at 05:43 (078794)

Hi Jess

You're doing wonderfully well. Congratulations! And thanks for keeping us in touch with your progress.

Suzanne D on 4/08/02 at 15:34 (078834)

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for writing to let us know how well you are recovering! We are all proud of you and happy that you are doing so well!

Keep following your doctor's orders, and I am sure you will continue to do well! We will be glad to ocntinue hearing from you! You can check in now and then when you have time and fill us in on what is happening in your life.

And don't worry about 'putting up a show'. My daughter was 19 when she had foot surgery, and when she was 'coming to', she kept telling the nurse that she wanted her mama! She was about half conscious, and she said later that she felt like a baby, but I told her not to worry about it. I was glad to be there for her!

Take care,
Suzanne

Pam B on 4/10/02 at 10:49 (079053)

Well Jessica, you did it :) I knew you would be fine and I knew you would be a trooper......surgery is a scary thing for all of us but sometimes it turns out for the best......I knew if you listened, you would do just great :) keep up the good work and before long, this will be just a memory.......good luck and keep in touch

Jessica K on 4/12/02 at 15:25 (079458)

hey everyone, I just have one question. I have this ball thing between my big toe and my second toe and i was wondering if it's allowed to come out about the doctor told me i didn't have to even wear the bandage just something to cover the cut and he didn't say anything about the ball thing. I tryed to sleep with just a little bandage and i woke up and it all unraped and the ball was very close to coming out. So i wasn't sure. I just though maybe some of you would know. I have a doctor appointment on tuesday which is almost 3 week since my surgery. My foot is getting sooo itche well where the cut is. Right now i feel totally normal. My foot doesn't even hurt as much as one single pinch.

In the other posts i always forget to ask if anyone has MSN or AOL messenger (AOL) it's you do add me, my msn address is (email removed) and my AIM is gossip15queen

well i'll keep on posting.

thanxs
Jessica

Re: That is great Jessica

Tammie on 4/07/02 at 19:31 (078770)

I am very happy for you Jessica! You were very brave and I am so glad all is turning out well! Soon you will be back to doing all the things young people enjoy and yes riding Rain also! I do wish you well and glad to hear the recovery is going so wonderful! You and your wonderful friend, who helped you deserve to have a wonderful time . I hope that your healing keeps going well and by summer all will be forgotten and this is nothing but a dream ! Take good care and listen to your DR. and do as they say so you have a total healing! Now enjoy your teen days and listen to your Dr. Hugs to you and your very good friend!

nancy s. on 4/07/02 at 20:02 (078774)

hi jessica, congratulations on your healing going so well! i probably haven't posted to you before -- i used to post a lot when my feet were very bad -- but i still always read the board, so i've been following your story. weekends are usually the slowest time on the board, because people are busier with their families and out more and all that. i'm sure you'll hear from more people after the weekend when they get back to reading the board.

i don't think you were a baby at all for having a hard time getting your staples taken out. i never had a surgery where i had to have staples removed, but i worked at a doctor's office once and saw people having staples removed, and it didn't look like any fun to me. now that you've been through it once, i'm sure you'll hold up better if you ever have to go through it again later in your life. it's not fun, but it doesn't take too long, right?

i'm glad you're improving, and checking with your doctor on things you should and shouldn't do. staying home and resting your foot after your more active day was smart.

good luck to you, jessica.

nancy

BrianG on 4/07/02 at 20:16 (078776)

Ahh, the healing power of youth..... :*)
Now I'm wondering why the doctor, or nurse, didn't use a little topical lidocaine before pulling out the staples? Anyone care to guess?

Keep on healing Jessica,
BrianG

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/07/02 at 20:48 (078777)

Staples are vey hard to get out period. That is why i don't use them anymore . I didn't think that anyone else did either

JudyS on 4/07/02 at 21:03 (078780)

Good to hear from you, Jess.....I was wondering about you just yesterday. Boy, I sure wish I was your age again and had such jackrabbit-quick healing time! It's great to hear that you're moving along well - keep following Doc's orders, k?

Rachael T. on 4/07/02 at 21:50 (078783)

Great feelings !!! Way to go Jess....soon you will be back in the saddle! And, that is something to look forward to in your near future. Good luck - & Canter away - but as any good riding coach would say, insure your lead!!!! smiling as I type that!

Crystal S on 4/07/02 at 22:48 (078789)

Hi Jessica,
I am so glad to hear that you are doing well.I had surgey last October and I had staples.My doctor waited 3 weeks to take them out.When he did it hurt horribly bad and I cried all the way through it and after and I was 29 years old. :-) so please don't think you are a baby.Those things hurt like everything.I am so happy to hear that you are getting back to normal.
Take care.

Blessings,
Crystal

P.S.
I have a daughter that is 10 1/2 and she LOVES horses too. :-)

Julie on 4/08/02 at 05:43 (078794)

Hi Jess

You're doing wonderfully well. Congratulations! And thanks for keeping us in touch with your progress.

Suzanne D on 4/08/02 at 15:34 (078834)

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for writing to let us know how well you are recovering! We are all proud of you and happy that you are doing so well!

Keep following your doctor's orders, and I am sure you will continue to do well! We will be glad to ocntinue hearing from you! You can check in now and then when you have time and fill us in on what is happening in your life.

And don't worry about 'putting up a show'. My daughter was 19 when she had foot surgery, and when she was 'coming to', she kept telling the nurse that she wanted her mama! She was about half conscious, and she said later that she felt like a baby, but I told her not to worry about it. I was glad to be there for her!

Take care,
Suzanne

Pam B on 4/10/02 at 10:49 (079053)

Well Jessica, you did it :) I knew you would be fine and I knew you would be a trooper......surgery is a scary thing for all of us but sometimes it turns out for the best......I knew if you listened, you would do just great :) keep up the good work and before long, this will be just a memory.......good luck and keep in touch

Jessica K on 4/12/02 at 15:25 (079458)

hey everyone, I just have one question. I have this ball thing between my big toe and my second toe and i was wondering if it's allowed to come out about the doctor told me i didn't have to even wear the bandage just something to cover the cut and he didn't say anything about the ball thing. I tryed to sleep with just a little bandage and i woke up and it all unraped and the ball was very close to coming out. So i wasn't sure. I just though maybe some of you would know. I have a doctor appointment on tuesday which is almost 3 week since my surgery. My foot is getting sooo itche well where the cut is. Right now i feel totally normal. My foot doesn't even hurt as much as one single pinch.

In the other posts i always forget to ask if anyone has MSN or AOL messenger (AOL) it's you do add me, my msn address is (email removed) and my AIM is gossip15queen

well i'll keep on posting.

thanxs
Jessica