Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good Morning have a wonderful day!

Posted by Tammie on 4/08/02 at 03:25 (078791)

Hope all are feeling great and the sun comes out for each of u

Re: Good Morning have a wonderful day!

Sharon W on 4/08/02 at 08:08 (078803)

Tammie,

I hope so too -- here in central Texas we've had a rainy weekend. Not cold, though; shirt-sleeve weather, in fact, as long as you don't get too wet! Today it's supposed to clear up and I am looking forward to seeing the sun, and maybe those cardinals working on their nest!

Hang in there, and don't feel guilty; it really IS OK to need help with pain. I know you're kind of like me (stoic, not wanting to ask, not liking to take pills)and I'm sure it took a LOT of courage for you to make that appointment with pain management, and no doubt you will have to be even BRAVER to KEEP it -- but you will, and you'll be glad you did!:)

-- Sharon

Laurie R on 4/08/02 at 11:15 (078823)

Dear Tammie , I with you , I hope everyone has a wonderful day today . I feel good today , I'm not even going to question why , I just do ... I hope your huuby's surgery goes well tomorrow and he has a fast recovery .... He is lucky to have you Tammie , I know you will make sure he does well.... Much love , Laurie R

Suzanne D on 4/08/02 at 15:36 (078835)

Good luck to your husband regarding his surgery ,Tammie! I will be thinking of both of you!

Suzanne :-)

Re: for Laurie...

Suzanne D on 4/08/02 at 15:37 (078836)

I am so glad that you are having a better day today, Laurie!

Re: Sharon

Tammie on 4/08/02 at 19:51 (078860)

Thank u , I guess I really read your post as it speaks to me like you read my mind or something! You are so very right about keeping the appt. that will be another hurdle for me , but I am going to keep it I have to I just have to start helping myself ! I am not helping myself by NOT doing anything! So I am feeling pretty good about this I just wish it was not so far away haha as you should understand how much you think about it, and the well maybe I should maybe i shouldnt maybe they will laugh or maybe worse they would call me a baby or a sniveling woman, I really hate that I always was quite proud to be so strong and have a pretty hard pain threshhold! Not any more I am turned to a wimpering and moaning fool! I aim to get back Tammie, I know she is here trying her darndest to get out , and I am really working very hard to find her with all my friends help and support ! How can I loose with all the loving support and the endless knowledge and the great advice and support of the Dr.s here! It helps me to believe that there are dr.s out there that can and will help me and understand my fear and my ashamed feelings about feeling pain. Thank you reall thank you I appreciate your post ! Have a wonderful day tomorrow and I hope you get some sunshine !

Re: Thank you

Tammie on 4/08/02 at 19:59 (078861)

I think he is a bit nervous , as they gave him the real once over and he has some history that made them extra cautious ! He has a lot of medical history and some is not to good! His dad had early strokes and mom has heart trouble, and he himself has had deep vein thrombosis, not to mention all of the other things he has gone thru recently! But he is strong and I told him I will be there , he keeps telling me if he dies what he wants , I told him hehe we made it this 25 yrs we have to make the next 25! I really was so surprised how frightened he was as he always seems so in control of his medical conditions! I know he is in gods hands tomorrow and whatever is to be will be! He couldnt ask for a better person in charge as who is better then GOD? I reserved him for tomorrow and then again on Lauries day of surgery! I know he will be there! Take care and thanks for the thoughts!

Re: Laurie

Tammie on 4/08/02 at 20:00 (078862)

Laurie read below I posted t

Re: Husband Surgery

Barbara S. on 4/08/02 at 20:31 (078869)

Hi Tammy I have been reading the post and just wanted to wish you and Husband the best of luck tomorrow and I will say prays for you. God Bless
Barbara S.

Sharon W on 4/08/02 at 20:58 (078873)

Tammie,

I just know how I felt about keeping that neurologist appointment, knowing he would end up doing nerve conduction tests, which I was afraid of. I had been avoiding it for 2 years... Now I'm STILL waiting, to learn the RESULTS of those tests, which I'll finally find out this Thursday!

I HATE WAITING!!! So I think I kind of understand how you feel about waiting to see the pain Dr... it's something you've dreaded, something you've been putting off, and yet now that you've made up your mind to go ahead and do it, you want to get it over with and not have to wait over so LONG!

Well, at least all that stressful waiting for your husband's surgery will be over tomorrow, and both of you can focus on his recovery. I hope everything goes PERFECTLY, no unpleasant surprises at all, and that he heals very quickly.

-- Sharon

Sharon W on 4/08/02 at 08:08 (078803)

Tammie,

I hope so too -- here in central Texas we've had a rainy weekend. Not cold, though; shirt-sleeve weather, in fact, as long as you don't get too wet! Today it's supposed to clear up and I am looking forward to seeing the sun, and maybe those cardinals working on their nest!

Hang in there, and don't feel guilty; it really IS OK to need help with pain. I know you're kind of like me (stoic, not wanting to ask, not liking to take pills)and I'm sure it took a LOT of courage for you to make that appointment with pain management, and no doubt you will have to be even BRAVER to KEEP it -- but you will, and you'll be glad you did!:)

-- Sharon

Laurie R on 4/08/02 at 11:15 (078823)

Dear Tammie , I with you , I hope everyone has a wonderful day today . I feel good today , I'm not even going to question why , I just do ... I hope your huuby's surgery goes well tomorrow and he has a fast recovery .... He is lucky to have you Tammie , I know you will make sure he does well.... Much love , Laurie R

Suzanne D on 4/08/02 at 15:36 (078835)

Good luck to your husband regarding his surgery ,Tammie! I will be thinking of both of you!

Re: for Laurie...

Suzanne D on 4/08/02 at 15:37 (078836)

I am so glad that you are having a better day today, Laurie!

Tammie on 4/08/02 at 19:51 (078860)

Thank u , I guess I really read your post as it speaks to me like you read my mind or something! You are so very right about keeping the appt. that will be another hurdle for me , but I am going to keep it I have to I just have to start helping myself ! I am not helping myself by NOT doing anything! So I am feeling pretty good about this I just wish it was not so far away haha as you should understand how much you think about it, and the well maybe I should maybe i shouldnt maybe they will laugh or maybe worse they would call me a baby or a sniveling woman, I really hate that I always was quite proud to be so strong and have a pretty hard pain threshhold! Not any more I am turned to a wimpering and moaning fool! I aim to get back Tammie, I know she is here trying her darndest to get out , and I am really working very hard to find her with all my friends help and support ! How can I loose with all the loving support and the endless knowledge and the great advice and support of the Dr.s here! It helps me to believe that there are dr.s out there that can and will help me and understand my fear and my ashamed feelings about feeling pain. Thank you reall thank you I appreciate your post ! Have a wonderful day tomorrow and I hope you get some sunshine !

Re: Thank you

Tammie on 4/08/02 at 19:59 (078861)

I think he is a bit nervous , as they gave him the real once over and he has some history that made them extra cautious ! He has a lot of medical history and some is not to good! His dad had early strokes and mom has heart trouble, and he himself has had deep vein thrombosis, not to mention all of the other things he has gone thru recently! But he is strong and I told him I will be there , he keeps telling me if he dies what he wants , I told him hehe we made it this 25 yrs we have to make the next 25! I really was so surprised how frightened he was as he always seems so in control of his medical conditions! I know he is in gods hands tomorrow and whatever is to be will be! He couldnt ask for a better person in charge as who is better then GOD? I reserved him for tomorrow and then again on Lauries day of surgery! I know he will be there! Take care and thanks for the thoughts!

Re: Laurie

Tammie on 4/08/02 at 20:00 (078862)

Laurie read below I posted t

Re: Husband Surgery

Barbara S. on 4/08/02 at 20:31 (078869)

Hi Tammy I have been reading the post and just wanted to wish you and Husband the best of luck tomorrow and I will say prays for you. God Bless
Barbara S.

Sharon W on 4/08/02 at 20:58 (078873)

Tammie,

I just know how I felt about keeping that neurologist appointment, knowing he would end up doing nerve conduction tests, which I was afraid of. I had been avoiding it for 2 years... Now I'm STILL waiting, to learn the RESULTS of those tests, which I'll finally find out this Thursday!

I HATE WAITING!!! So I think I kind of understand how you feel about waiting to see the pain Dr... it's something you've dreaded, something you've been putting off, and yet now that you've made up your mind to go ahead and do it, you want to get it over with and not have to wait over so LONG!

Well, at least all that stressful waiting for your husband's surgery will be over tomorrow, and both of you can focus on his recovery. I hope everything goes PERFECTLY, no unpleasant surprises at all, and that he heals very quickly.

-- Sharon