Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Where is elliott?

Posted by Henry C. on 4/08/02 at 13:25 (078826)

What happened to elliot? I have not seen any postings from him in a long time.

Always regarded him as our in house TTS guru.

Re: I think he Took a leave,I am glad someone asked about him

Tammie on 4/08/02 at 17:35 (078852)

Hello, I think Elliot took a leave, as there were some unsolved issues. I to have given him some thought as yes he did have alot of useful information that he shared with many! I keep hoping that one day he might return refreshed and say heh I am much better and I just wanted to share my secrets! I think sometimes we all need a bit of break as it does get pretty intense and it becomes very frustrating to try and help people(Like Me i say this with a smile) and you just can't understand how come they are not listening or maybe better phrased as HEARING what they are being told! I do hope that where ever he is he is well and his feet are getting better!
I kind of felt a bit responsible for his leave, which saddened me greatly as there is plenty of room here for everyone, but on the same note not all people will agree or listen to everything that they are told, and some of us need a lot of support as we search for something to help get us away from this h---ish pain.Sometimes it takes several searches and lots of patience to listen to it over and over again! As you can see I kinda feel I was a bit at fault for his leaving, but not totaly he chose to leave and I hope that someday he chooses to return ! He was very good at sharing information and I feel the loss as well as others i am sure! I am glad you asked about him maybe he will see this and decide to pop in sometime.

RonB on 4/09/02 at 15:41 (078951)

Hi Tammie!
Sorry I haven't been keeping up but I have computer problems at home...

You guys can be rough some times. You almost scared me off a time or two (I think it was the beriberi incident that did it for Elliot).

My pain management (for bilateral TTS) is going fairly well. I am back to work about 6 hours a day and no longer am in the wheel chair. My morning routine takes about 2-3 hours before I can handle my workday.

I'll write more soon on my treatments...

Ron

Re: Ron I cant wait to hear details

Tammie on 4/09/02 at 16:33 (078958)

Ron there is so much I wish to ask you . I am very excited to hear that things have umproved for you! Did that Dr. YU tell you to see a pain management? What do your treatments entail come on tell us the scoop !I wait anxiously and hopeful that this route will help me also!

I have a appt. May 20 with a pain management clinic at the hospital. I am very nervouse but on the other hand I am anxious to go as I wish to find some relief so I may continue on with my life in a better fashion!

Today my hubby had surgery, the Ortho guy was the one I walked out on. We talked today actually quite a while! He thinks this is the best road for me! He urged me on with it. Take care and post soon. Keep those feet happy! oh yea Ps lol I hope it didnt sound as tho I was saying that I was trying to tell things and people wouldnt listen , It was ME Who was being told information that he was trying to get thru my very thick skull! I finally got some of it in and am dealing with it! Yes I do remember that beriberie incident! I think tho long before that he was dealing with a full load of his own pain and grief of not being where he wanted to be! Also I think he was very uncomfortable with any emotional ways but in fact he is a sensitive guy as I found out thru his careing posts! I wish him well!

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 17:48 (079325)

I am convinced that one of the main reasons Elliott finally left was that the message board took a very long time to read with his system. I have the same problem at work; I cannot read heelspurs.com there, because it generally seems to take over 3 minutes to read just one post. I have timed it. That can make it so frustrating to try to read a thread and answer it. At home, I do not have that problem.

I'm not sure why it takes so long with some systems. At work I'm connecting through a large govt LAN but I have no similar difficulties in reading various weight loss message boards or numerous other sites.

At any rate, Elliott had expressed considerable aggravation concerning the slowness of this board on his system. Because of my similar difficulty at work, I tend to think this was a real problem and not just a 'prima donna' attitude on his part.

Carole C

Tammie on 4/08/02 at 17:35 (078852)

Hello, I think Elliot took a leave, as there were some unsolved issues. I to have given him some thought as yes he did have alot of useful information that he shared with many! I keep hoping that one day he might return refreshed and say heh I am much better and I just wanted to share my secrets! I think sometimes we all need a bit of break as it does get pretty intense and it becomes very frustrating to try and help people(Like Me i say this with a smile) and you just can't understand how come they are not listening or maybe better phrased as HEARING what they are being told! I do hope that where ever he is he is well and his feet are getting better!
I kind of felt a bit responsible for his leave, which saddened me greatly as there is plenty of room here for everyone, but on the same note not all people will agree or listen to everything that they are told, and some of us need a lot of support as we search for something to help get us away from this h---ish pain.Sometimes it takes several searches and lots of patience to listen to it over and over again! As you can see I kinda feel I was a bit at fault for his leaving, but not totaly he chose to leave and I hope that someday he chooses to return ! He was very good at sharing information and I feel the loss as well as others i am sure! I am glad you asked about him maybe he will see this and decide to pop in sometime.

RonB on 4/09/02 at 15:41 (078951)

Hi Tammie!
Sorry I haven't been keeping up but I have computer problems at home...

You guys can be rough some times. You almost scared me off a time or two (I think it was the beriberi incident that did it for Elliot).

My pain management (for bilateral TTS) is going fairly well. I am back to work about 6 hours a day and no longer am in the wheel chair. My morning routine takes about 2-3 hours before I can handle my workday.

I'll write more soon on my treatments...

Ron

Re: Ron I cant wait to hear details

Tammie on 4/09/02 at 16:33 (078958)

Ron there is so much I wish to ask you . I am very excited to hear that things have umproved for you! Did that Dr. YU tell you to see a pain management? What do your treatments entail come on tell us the scoop !I wait anxiously and hopeful that this route will help me also!

I have a appt. May 20 with a pain management clinic at the hospital. I am very nervouse but on the other hand I am anxious to go as I wish to find some relief so I may continue on with my life in a better fashion!

Today my hubby had surgery, the Ortho guy was the one I walked out on. We talked today actually quite a while! He thinks this is the best road for me! He urged me on with it. Take care and post soon. Keep those feet happy! oh yea Ps lol I hope it didnt sound as tho I was saying that I was trying to tell things and people wouldnt listen , It was ME Who was being told information that he was trying to get thru my very thick skull! I finally got some of it in and am dealing with it! Yes I do remember that beriberie incident! I think tho long before that he was dealing with a full load of his own pain and grief of not being where he wanted to be! Also I think he was very uncomfortable with any emotional ways but in fact he is a sensitive guy as I found out thru his careing posts! I wish him well!

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 17:48 (079325)

I am convinced that one of the main reasons Elliott finally left was that the message board took a very long time to read with his system. I have the same problem at work; I cannot read heelspurs.com there, because it generally seems to take over 3 minutes to read just one post. I have timed it. That can make it so frustrating to try to read a thread and answer it. At home, I do not have that problem.

I'm not sure why it takes so long with some systems. At work I'm connecting through a large govt LAN but I have no similar difficulties in reading various weight loss message boards or numerous other sites.

At any rate, Elliott had expressed considerable aggravation concerning the slowness of this board on his system. Because of my similar difficulty at work, I tend to think this was a real problem and not just a 'prima donna' attitude on his part.

Carole C