Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Link for Ossatron treatment locations

Posted by Shane on 4/08/02 at 18:20 (078856)

http://www.healthtronics.com/ossatron/c_s_t_locations.htm This is the link that shows what city and state the Ossatron treament is in, but does not give specifics. I think that they're working on updating this area on their website. It was great to have that link here, from the ESWT page, but it was removed for some reason.

Shane

Re: Link for Ossatron treatment locations

John h on 4/08/02 at 21:55 (078877)

Shane: Go to the website you have listed and look under 'Patient Information' and a U.S. map will appear. Click on any state and it will give you all the physicians in that state by name, address and phone number using the Ossatron.

Re: not true....

Shane on 4/09/02 at 09:38 (078913)

That's not true, because I live in Nevada and according to my link above, there is no one that performs ESWT in this state. What is listed there is board certified physicians. I wish this were true because I am going to Colorado to look into treatment. I emailed some of those that are listed, but I don't think they perform ESWT.

Shane

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/09/02 at 10:36 (078924)

We have many patient that fly to our Woodbury office due to the experience and the fact that we do this procedure without any hospitization with great cost savings. If you would like information please e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed) with a copy to foot.care@verizon.net In the mean time if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me on this board

Re: Certified Physicians

Shane on 4/09/02 at 12:20 (078934)

I found out that some of these physicians are certified in ESWT, but do not have a machine in their office. The machine comes to them and they can perform the procedure.

Mike J on 4/09/02 at 14:49 (078943)

Shane,

I live in colorado and the only Dr in the database for ESWT is in Fort Collins (about 1.5 hours from denver where I live). I went up and saw him about two weeks ago. Very nice Dr but he uses iv seditation which is an extra $600 for the person to do that. Also the machine he uses is not his and when I tried to find out how much it would be for me since my insurance will not pay it I was unable to get an answer. Generally the patient pays the company directly that owns the machine and they would not give the Dr a price for self pay when he called them. (the regualr price is $4500 per foot just for the machine, plus $1000 for the Dr plus $600 for the iv. The Dr suggested I call the company myself and try to get a self pay price which I did but the lady was very short and did not give me one. I didnt feel like persuing this any further. For some reason when I am going to spend thousands on something I feel the one getting my money should be somewhat accomidating and they were not.

I ended up calling Dr Z's office and will by flying out there this thursday and have the procedure done on Friday. They were much easier to deal with and gave me exact prices and even with the air fare were cheaper than the Dr in Colorado.

Good luck on your search.

Shane on 4/09/02 at 15:06 (078945)

Mike,

I appreciate your input. Thanks for all of the info. I am in the process of checking w/ ins. for coverage. In the meanwhile, I am getting some prices from Dr. Z. Did you looking into getting in done in Canada? Whatever I decide, it will be soon. I am looking forward to feeling better and returning to normal activities. This is frustrating w/ all the insurances denying people for this, but they would gladly pay for all failed surgeries. ;) Anyway, thanks for the help.

Shane

Mike J on 4/09/02 at 16:14 (078954)

Yes i did look into Bayshore at Canada. It ended up coming down to them and Dr Z. I just looked at all the pro's and cons. Bayshore was a little cheaper but I had to stay there for five days. I also thought that since the FDA approved high energy and not low energy maybe high is better. (maybe it is maybe not but that was my assumption) Also I liked the fact Dr Z seems to have a lot of knowledge about PF. I was told by someone to go with the best Dr you can find, especially if it is as serious to your lifestyle as pf is.

I think they are both very compitent from the various posts I have read and can almost be a tossup. The hardest part however is being fairly young (31 years) I have never had any health problems and it seems to me pf is very unscientific as far as how you get it and how to cure it. Im used to black and white. You go to the dentist and have a cavity and they fill it.. the end! Its not like that with PF.

Re: I'm waiting Dr. Z...

Shane on 4/09/02 at 17:07 (078962)

Ok Dr. Z., I emailed you - now I'm just waiting for some info back from the ESWT coordinators. If it is fairly reasonable, I would consider traveling across the country! How long of flight is it from Las Vegas?

Shane

John h on 4/09/02 at 18:47 (078975)

Mike your experience is not unusual. The doctors from what I gather typicall receive about $500 yo $750 which does not seem out of line considering insurance cost,overhead,etc. It is all that 'other stuff' that is hurting.

Re: Link for Ossatron treatment locations

John h on 4/08/02 at 21:55 (078877)

Shane: Go to the website you have listed and look under 'Patient Information' and a U.S. map will appear. Click on any state and it will give you all the physicians in that state by name, address and phone number using the Ossatron.

Shane on 4/09/02 at 09:38 (078913)

That's not true, because I live in Nevada and according to my link above, there is no one that performs ESWT in this state. What is listed there is board certified physicians. I wish this were true because I am going to Colorado to look into treatment. I emailed some of those that are listed, but I don't think they perform ESWT.

Shane

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/09/02 at 10:36 (078924)

We have many patient that fly to our Woodbury office due to the experience and the fact that we do this procedure without any hospitization with great cost savings. If you would like information please e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed) with a copy to foot.care@verizon.net In the mean time if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me on this board

Re: Certified Physicians

Shane on 4/09/02 at 12:20 (078934)

I found out that some of these physicians are certified in ESWT, but do not have a machine in their office. The machine comes to them and they can perform the procedure.

Mike J on 4/09/02 at 14:49 (078943)

Shane,

I live in colorado and the only Dr in the database for ESWT is in Fort Collins (about 1.5 hours from denver where I live). I went up and saw him about two weeks ago. Very nice Dr but he uses iv seditation which is an extra $600 for the person to do that. Also the machine he uses is not his and when I tried to find out how much it would be for me since my insurance will not pay it I was unable to get an answer. Generally the patient pays the company directly that owns the machine and they would not give the Dr a price for self pay when he called them. (the regualr price is $4500 per foot just for the machine, plus $1000 for the Dr plus $600 for the iv. The Dr suggested I call the company myself and try to get a self pay price which I did but the lady was very short and did not give me one. I didnt feel like persuing this any further. For some reason when I am going to spend thousands on something I feel the one getting my money should be somewhat accomidating and they were not.

I ended up calling Dr Z's office and will by flying out there this thursday and have the procedure done on Friday. They were much easier to deal with and gave me exact prices and even with the air fare were cheaper than the Dr in Colorado.

Good luck on your search.

Shane on 4/09/02 at 15:06 (078945)

Mike,

I appreciate your input. Thanks for all of the info. I am in the process of checking w/ ins. for coverage. In the meanwhile, I am getting some prices from Dr. Z. Did you looking into getting in done in Canada? Whatever I decide, it will be soon. I am looking forward to feeling better and returning to normal activities. This is frustrating w/ all the insurances denying people for this, but they would gladly pay for all failed surgeries. ;) Anyway, thanks for the help.

Shane

Mike J on 4/09/02 at 16:14 (078954)

Yes i did look into Bayshore at Canada. It ended up coming down to them and Dr Z. I just looked at all the pro's and cons. Bayshore was a little cheaper but I had to stay there for five days. I also thought that since the FDA approved high energy and not low energy maybe high is better. (maybe it is maybe not but that was my assumption) Also I liked the fact Dr Z seems to have a lot of knowledge about PF. I was told by someone to go with the best Dr you can find, especially if it is as serious to your lifestyle as pf is.

I think they are both very compitent from the various posts I have read and can almost be a tossup. The hardest part however is being fairly young (31 years) I have never had any health problems and it seems to me pf is very unscientific as far as how you get it and how to cure it. Im used to black and white. You go to the dentist and have a cavity and they fill it.. the end! Its not like that with PF.

Re: I'm waiting Dr. Z...

Shane on 4/09/02 at 17:07 (078962)

Ok Dr. Z., I emailed you - now I'm just waiting for some info back from the ESWT coordinators. If it is fairly reasonable, I would consider traveling across the country! How long of flight is it from Las Vegas?

Shane

John h on 4/09/02 at 18:47 (078975)

Mike your experience is not unusual. The doctors from what I gather typicall receive about $500 yo $750 which does not seem out of line considering insurance cost,overhead,etc. It is all that 'other stuff' that is hurting.