Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birkenstocks

Posted by Andrews on 4/08/02 at 22:24 (078885)

I see people love the birkenstocks. I looked on the website and there are about 100 different ones. I have no idea what to choose. Any experience with these? Any suggestions?

Re: Birkenstocks

Rachael T. on 4/08/02 at 23:18 (078889)

Try the Boston Birks - they have pleased me & I read on this site that many other people like the Arizonas.....so those could be wise choices. Hope you find them as helpful as I did - I have them on as I sit here right now typing!!

AndrewS on 4/10/02 at 02:01 (079018)

OK, I just ordered the Boston soft footbed black - nubuk leather and the Arizona cacao nubuk leather. Paid a lot for quick shipping so hope they are worth it. THe did not have my size, so I went for the larger one.
THanks for your input.

Rachael T. on 4/10/02 at 11:13 (079059)

Andrew - I've not used the 'soft footbed' yet -- Pls. advise me if you like it. I have the classic footbed; which is firmer. I have thought about trying the soft footbed....maybe I shall. But, would appreciate you letting me know your thoughts.

Re: soft footbed...

Suzanne D on 4/10/02 at 13:01 (079077)

Andrew, I have the Boston and Arizona pairs (I hope you like them and that they help you!), and Rachel, they are both in the soft footbed. I tried on the regular kind, but they were just too hard for me. The soft footbed really still gives a lot of support, but -for me - is much more comfortable.

AndrewS on 4/10/02 at 15:44 (079101)

Soft Bed, hard bed, Arizona, FLorida, Boston, blah blah blah. THey have way too many shoes to choose from and no descriptions for any. So I just took the advise and bought an Arizona and Boston that I thought looked cool. I dont know a thing about what I bought, other than I paid $120, including $30 for 3-4 day shipping.

Barbara S. on 4/11/02 at 15:04 (079301)

Hi I live in Milw WI and actually found a Birkenstock store about 40 min. from were I live. So one day my sister and I (she drove) went there. We had a blast. They had all kinds of shoes and sandals and some very good sales. I needed a piar of open sandals to wear around the house as regular shoes were bothering my ankle area. It would swell up and just throb,and then the pain would go up my leg. I got a pair of Sandals,Granada in Nubuck Cocoa. I love them. Then I also bought a pair of Alton with the very low back In a Wac Leather expresso.
I would love to go back there,my sister was going nuts,because they had all kinds of sandals in very imagable color. I was a fun day. Kept my mind of some of my pain for a few hrs. Oh I only pd $54.00 for sandals,but did pay $120 for the other pair. I would like to go back and get a softfoot bed,was just afraid to try them at the time. Barbara S

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 16:01 (079312)

I have the cocoa nubuck Grenadas too, and I think they are really pretty and feminine! I like wearing mine with some pretty patterned socks that I bought. Any pattern is pretty; these socks are baby blue and navy with yellow, and have suns and moons and stars on them. :)

The Altons sound nice too, and I had my eye on them but my PF improved a lot so I'm not buying any more Birkenstocks right now (I have 5 pairs which should last me).

What a deal on the Grenadas! I paid $90 for mine.

Carole C

Rachael T. on 4/08/02 at 23:18 (078889)

Try the Boston Birks - they have pleased me & I read on this site that many other people like the Arizonas.....so those could be wise choices. Hope you find them as helpful as I did - I have them on as I sit here right now typing!!

AndrewS on 4/10/02 at 02:01 (079018)

OK, I just ordered the Boston soft footbed black - nubuk leather and the Arizona cacao nubuk leather. Paid a lot for quick shipping so hope they are worth it. THe did not have my size, so I went for the larger one.
THanks for your input.

Rachael T. on 4/10/02 at 11:13 (079059)

Andrew - I've not used the 'soft footbed' yet -- Pls. advise me if you like it. I have the classic footbed; which is firmer. I have thought about trying the soft footbed....maybe I shall. But, would appreciate you letting me know your thoughts.

Suzanne D on 4/10/02 at 13:01 (079077)

Andrew, I have the Boston and Arizona pairs (I hope you like them and that they help you!), and Rachel, they are both in the soft footbed. I tried on the regular kind, but they were just too hard for me. The soft footbed really still gives a lot of support, but -for me - is much more comfortable.

AndrewS on 4/10/02 at 15:44 (079101)

Soft Bed, hard bed, Arizona, FLorida, Boston, blah blah blah. THey have way too many shoes to choose from and no descriptions for any. So I just took the advise and bought an Arizona and Boston that I thought looked cool. I dont know a thing about what I bought, other than I paid $120, including $30 for 3-4 day shipping.

Barbara S. on 4/11/02 at 15:04 (079301)

Hi I live in Milw WI and actually found a Birkenstock store about 40 min. from were I live. So one day my sister and I (she drove) went there. We had a blast. They had all kinds of shoes and sandals and some very good sales. I needed a piar of open sandals to wear around the house as regular shoes were bothering my ankle area. It would swell up and just throb,and then the pain would go up my leg. I got a pair of Sandals,Granada in Nubuck Cocoa. I love them. Then I also bought a pair of Alton with the very low back In a Wac Leather expresso.
I would love to go back there,my sister was going nuts,because they had all kinds of sandals in very imagable color. I was a fun day. Kept my mind of some of my pain for a few hrs. Oh I only pd $54.00 for sandals,but did pay $120 for the other pair. I would like to go back and get a softfoot bed,was just afraid to try them at the time. Barbara S

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 16:01 (079312)

I have the cocoa nubuck Grenadas too, and I think they are really pretty and feminine! I like wearing mine with some pretty patterned socks that I bought. Any pattern is pretty; these socks are baby blue and navy with yellow, and have suns and moons and stars on them. :)

The Altons sound nice too, and I had my eye on them but my PF improved a lot so I'm not buying any more Birkenstocks right now (I have 5 pairs which should last me).

What a deal on the Grenadas! I paid $90 for mine.

Carole C