Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Nancy S.

Posted by Carmen on 4/09/02 at 08:12 (078904)

Hi Nancy....curious.....what are the symptoms of Post Tib Ten? I have read about it and know the medical details. Curious in the 'personal details'. Waht does it feel like?
Can it be mistaken for PF?

Re: Nancy S.

nancy s. on 4/10/02 at 07:15 (079020)

hi carmen,

for me post tib tendonitis took the form of a lot of swelling around my inner ankles, which was very painful and tender to the touch. the swelling and pain also went down toward my medial underfoot, a little toward the front from the ankles. it looked like a rope under the skin going from the medial ankle area to under the feet -- but it was soft and felt like fluid. terrible pressured feeling from it, though.

i'm not sure if it can be mistaken for pf, to tell you the truth, since i also had pf at the same time. but the pf pain was much sharper, and farther under the heel than i seemed to feel the post tib tendonitis.

it still kicks up on a day when i've overdone my foot work, but it gets better if i stay off my feet for several hours and keep them elevated for that time.

nancy

Carmen on 4/10/02 at 07:50 (079024)

Thanks Nancy....I was curious about the relation. I apprecaite your time.
;-)

nancy s. on 4/10/02 at 08:38 (079039)

you're welcome, carmen. and actually i'm quite certain there was a relation in that i don't think the other tendonitises would have developed if i hadn't been limping and using a cane and dragging around in agony with pf for 8 months before finding heelspurs.com! (i had a pod for those 8 months who was completely useless.)
nancy

nancy s. on 4/10/02 at 07:15 (079020)

hi carmen,

for me post tib tendonitis took the form of a lot of swelling around my inner ankles, which was very painful and tender to the touch. the swelling and pain also went down toward my medial underfoot, a little toward the front from the ankles. it looked like a rope under the skin going from the medial ankle area to under the feet -- but it was soft and felt like fluid. terrible pressured feeling from it, though.

i'm not sure if it can be mistaken for pf, to tell you the truth, since i also had pf at the same time. but the pf pain was much sharper, and farther under the heel than i seemed to feel the post tib tendonitis.

it still kicks up on a day when i've overdone my foot work, but it gets better if i stay off my feet for several hours and keep them elevated for that time.

nancy

Carmen on 4/10/02 at 07:50 (079024)

Thanks Nancy....I was curious about the relation. I apprecaite your time.
;-)

nancy s. on 4/10/02 at 08:38 (079039)

you're welcome, carmen. and actually i'm quite certain there was a relation in that i don't think the other tendonitises would have developed if i hadn't been limping and using a cane and dragging around in agony with pf for 8 months before finding heelspurs.com! (i had a pod for those 8 months who was completely useless.)
nancy