Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Forced back to work

Posted by Ken A. on 4/09/02 at 14:45 (078941)

Well here is the latest update...as you can see by the title, they forced me back to work...my job hired an outside company to handle disability claims and I'm the first victim...return or be fired....They begged my Pod to get me back so they petty much have me here answering phones...which isnt anything like what I'm used to at work..only answering phones and sending memos...the pain isnt gone, but no meds forme because they knock meout..any advice on this gang? Otherwise my wound healed great and the dr said everything is going ok..it just seems to me that I'm not rogressing as fast as e thinks...I'm starting physical therapy now so hopefully I'll get my life back...They will just have to deal with my appointments...thats what they wanted so thats what they got
till next time
Ken

Re: Forced back to work

Barbara S. on 4/09/02 at 15:29 (078949)

Hi Ken I have been off for 4 months since my pf surgery and I'm scheduled for Tarsel Tunnel Surgery on April 22. I just recieved a call from my Superviser today saying my disability for those months has been denied and that I am expected to return to work April 15,2002. I told her I would not be there. I have been told I need to talk to a lawyer,which I am going to do,as it could be a coulple of more months before I get back to work. I have worked for this company for 25yrs. Nice thank you. I just saw my Primary Care Physician today and he is starting me on Wellbutrin Sr. this is an antidepressant,but things I read it can take up to 4 wks to become effective,great!!! My job is pretty much desk work., BUt pain meds and elevating my foot are my only relief. How to you type laying on your back?THey say I can sit at work in pain as well as at home. Driving is another issue and I have a 20 to 25 min drive one way my work disability says that my driving is not part of the disability, go figure.
Thanks for listening Ken and GOOD LUCK TO YOU. GOD BLESS US ALL!!! Barbara S.

Ken A. on 4/09/02 at 18:20 (078968)

thanks Barbara..i have had some posts that sit and rot until they reek of neglect...i think they just wanted to get anything out of me...if may backfire on them though..they other foot (which is also a TTS case) is getting worse...I just want to enjoy my Florida vacation in junes w/o renting a hoveround!
Ken

Barbara S. on 4/09/02 at 19:37 (078984)

Hi Ken Know what you mean about vacation. My husband and I usually go to Myrtle Beach golfing end of July and that is all he keeps checking on will I be able to golf? We were looking forward to taking 2 of our grandson that are 13yrs old, as they golf free with an adult. Thought we'd take them this yr as pretty soon they will have jobs and girlfriends and won't want to hang with their grandparents.
I'm hoping that my left foot is just bothering me because I'm putting more weight on it these past few months.
I'm having my surgery on APril 22 and I'm not feeling too good about it.
Pretty sacred of more pain. Well will keep posting when I can. Take care and God Bless Barbara

wendyn on 4/09/02 at 20:22 (078995)

That's awful Ken - refresh my memory - what was your job before?

Missy B on 4/11/02 at 19:23 (079340)

Sorry to hear you were forced to go back to work early. I was lucky in that I was off for 9 weeks after my surgery and then worked only half days for my first 2 weeks back on the job - but I am on my feet for 8 hours.
I started back full time on 3/30 and was finishing up a month of physical therapy at the same time. I cannot say the PT helped my foot any, but it did start building up strength in my leg muscles - I had favored my leg for so long due to the pain that I did not realize how weak it was. My Pod had me a Celebrex, but it was not helping the sore, achey feeling, so he put me on ibuprofen - 800 mg/ 3X /day. This does not make me sleepy and does help with the aches. I am not pain free but am much improved. The pain I had with my TT/PF is not as intense - more of an ache now in my foot; and occasionally I have a little burning or numbness. The physical therapists used a gel on my foot after therapy - it is called BIOFREEZE - and it is a form of cryrotherapy - it has a cooling affect on your feet after it is massaged in and the relief lasts for a few hours. I have to buy it from a local Pod as it is not found in stores in my area. Hang in there, and when at all possible, keep the foot up and do any exercises the therapists give you. Hopefully you will begin to see improvement.

Ken A. on 4/13/02 at 17:38 (079555)

I have a job in the edia which requires standing, walking, carrying, running, everything...tts has brought my career to a halt....its ok though, the difficulties in life make us strong...thanks for all the encouragement
Ken

Barbara S. on 4/09/02 at 15:29 (078949)

Hi Ken I have been off for 4 months since my pf surgery and I'm scheduled for Tarsel Tunnel Surgery on April 22. I just recieved a call from my Superviser today saying my disability for those months has been denied and that I am expected to return to work April 15,2002. I told her I would not be there. I have been told I need to talk to a lawyer,which I am going to do,as it could be a coulple of more months before I get back to work. I have worked for this company for 25yrs. Nice thank you. I just saw my Primary Care Physician today and he is starting me on Wellbutrin Sr. this is an antidepressant,but things I read it can take up to 4 wks to become effective,great!!! My job is pretty much desk work., BUt pain meds and elevating my foot are my only relief. How to you type laying on your back?THey say I can sit at work in pain as well as at home. Driving is another issue and I have a 20 to 25 min drive one way my work disability says that my driving is not part of the disability, go figure.
Thanks for listening Ken and GOOD LUCK TO YOU. GOD BLESS US ALL!!! Barbara S.

Ken A. on 4/09/02 at 18:20 (078968)

thanks Barbara..i have had some posts that sit and rot until they reek of neglect...i think they just wanted to get anything out of me...if may backfire on them though..they other foot (which is also a TTS case) is getting worse...I just want to enjoy my Florida vacation in junes w/o renting a hoveround!
Ken

Barbara S. on 4/09/02 at 19:37 (078984)

Hi Ken Know what you mean about vacation. My husband and I usually go to Myrtle Beach golfing end of July and that is all he keeps checking on will I be able to golf? We were looking forward to taking 2 of our grandson that are 13yrs old, as they golf free with an adult. Thought we'd take them this yr as pretty soon they will have jobs and girlfriends and won't want to hang with their grandparents.
I'm hoping that my left foot is just bothering me because I'm putting more weight on it these past few months.
I'm having my surgery on APril 22 and I'm not feeling too good about it.
Pretty sacred of more pain. Well will keep posting when I can. Take care and God Bless Barbara

wendyn on 4/09/02 at 20:22 (078995)

That's awful Ken - refresh my memory - what was your job before?

Missy B on 4/11/02 at 19:23 (079340)

Sorry to hear you were forced to go back to work early. I was lucky in that I was off for 9 weeks after my surgery and then worked only half days for my first 2 weeks back on the job - but I am on my feet for 8 hours.
I started back full time on 3/30 and was finishing up a month of physical therapy at the same time. I cannot say the PT helped my foot any, but it did start building up strength in my leg muscles - I had favored my leg for so long due to the pain that I did not realize how weak it was. My Pod had me a Celebrex, but it was not helping the sore, achey feeling, so he put me on ibuprofen - 800 mg/ 3X /day. This does not make me sleepy and does help with the aches. I am not pain free but am much improved. The pain I had with my TT/PF is not as intense - more of an ache now in my foot; and occasionally I have a little burning or numbness. The physical therapists used a gel on my foot after therapy - it is called BIOFREEZE - and it is a form of cryrotherapy - it has a cooling affect on your feet after it is massaged in and the relief lasts for a few hours. I have to buy it from a local Pod as it is not found in stores in my area. Hang in there, and when at all possible, keep the foot up and do any exercises the therapists give you. Hopefully you will begin to see improvement.

Ken A. on 4/13/02 at 17:38 (079555)

I have a job in the edia which requires standing, walking, carrying, running, everything...tts has brought my career to a halt....its ok though, the difficulties in life make us strong...thanks for all the encouragement
Ken