Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Read

Posted by S.B on 4/09/02 at 19:55 (078987)

My feet hurt and Im only ten and what should I do?

Re: Read

Sharon W on 4/09/02 at 20:15 (078990)

Dear S.B.,

You need to tell your parents that they really hurt and you think something is wrong and you want to go to a doctor. Then you need to tell your doctor HOW MUCH they hurt, and exactly WHERE on your feet they hurt, and whether they hurt all the time or if it happens more at some times than others. Your doctor will probably ask you about all the things that he needs to know, anyway, so don't worry about the details. The doctor will probably want to look at your foot and he will probably touch it to find out where it hurts. He may take X-ray pictures of your foot, and he might decide to send you to ANOTHER doctor after he is finished.

You are very smart to ask for help, and very smart to realize that if your feet hurt it could be a problem that needs to be taken care of right away.

-- Sharon

Suzanne D on 4/10/02 at 16:38 (079108)

I really am sorry that your feet hurt. I agree with Sharon that you need to talk to your parents about it and ask them to take you to a doctor. Somehow we grow up expecting that our feet will hurt sometimes, and then when they do, we just keep walking and just hope that it will go away. This can be a bad thing to do. If there is something wrong, the doctor will be able to tell you what to do so that you can get better. If you continue walking and running in P.E. class, you could make matters much worse.

Good luck to you, and let us know how things go. We want you to feel better soon! :-)

S.B on 4/10/02 at 18:10 (079124)

They Took me to a doctor and they gave me these cousion things but they still hurt.

Re: My nephew is 10 years old and like you, his feet "hurt"

Mahatmelissama on 4/10/02 at 19:33 (079134)

Sweetheart, you are young so that is going for you.

I talked to my nephew's mom and got her to take him to a good foot store.

The nice man there made some comfortable pads for him to wear and also got him
some nice sneakers called New Balance.

Now my nephew is happy, he walks all the time now and can stand without pain.

Tell your mom and dad that your feet still hurt and they need to keep helping you.

I want you to be happy like my nephew. I hope you have an Auntie like me who keeps telling your parents
'Take your child to the foot store!'

the one we went to was this one:

http://www.walkriteshoes.com/

but it is only in California where I live. Maybe there is a store like this where you live.

Be careful on the internet, honey. there are a lot of weird people out there!

Ellen J. on 4/10/02 at 20:05 (079142)

Hi S.B.,
Everyone is giving you great advice and I'm glad you are asking questions so that you can get your feet to feel good again.
It is important to tell the doctor and your parents if your feet still hurt after trying the foot cushions or any other things that you try.
Good luck to you!
Ellen J.

Paula S on 4/10/02 at 22:36 (079175)

Hello S.B.! Does your PE teacher know you're having foot pain? It's important for you or your parents to let them know so that you are not expected to do exercises that might hurt them more. Good luck with your cushions, and if they don't seem to help, get back to the doctor. There are many things that can be done to help you. Take care!

Sharon W on 4/09/02 at 20:15 (078990)

Dear S.B.,

You need to tell your parents that they really hurt and you think something is wrong and you want to go to a doctor. Then you need to tell your doctor HOW MUCH they hurt, and exactly WHERE on your feet they hurt, and whether they hurt all the time or if it happens more at some times than others. Your doctor will probably ask you about all the things that he needs to know, anyway, so don't worry about the details. The doctor will probably want to look at your foot and he will probably touch it to find out where it hurts. He may take X-ray pictures of your foot, and he might decide to send you to ANOTHER doctor after he is finished.

You are very smart to ask for help, and very smart to realize that if your feet hurt it could be a problem that needs to be taken care of right away.

-- Sharon

Suzanne D on 4/10/02 at 16:38 (079108)

I really am sorry that your feet hurt. I agree with Sharon that you need to talk to your parents about it and ask them to take you to a doctor. Somehow we grow up expecting that our feet will hurt sometimes, and then when they do, we just keep walking and just hope that it will go away. This can be a bad thing to do. If there is something wrong, the doctor will be able to tell you what to do so that you can get better. If you continue walking and running in P.E. class, you could make matters much worse.

Good luck to you, and let us know how things go. We want you to feel better soon! :-)

S.B on 4/10/02 at 18:10 (079124)

They Took me to a doctor and they gave me these cousion things but they still hurt.

Mahatmelissama on 4/10/02 at 19:33 (079134)

Sweetheart, you are young so that is going for you.

I talked to my nephew's mom and got her to take him to a good foot store.

The nice man there made some comfortable pads for him to wear and also got him
some nice sneakers called New Balance.

Now my nephew is happy, he walks all the time now and can stand without pain.

Tell your mom and dad that your feet still hurt and they need to keep helping you.

I want you to be happy like my nephew. I hope you have an Auntie like me who keeps telling your parents
'Take your child to the foot store!'

the one we went to was this one:

http://www.walkriteshoes.com/

but it is only in California where I live. Maybe there is a store like this where you live.

Be careful on the internet, honey. there are a lot of weird people out there!

Ellen J. on 4/10/02 at 20:05 (079142)

Hi S.B.,
Everyone is giving you great advice and I'm glad you are asking questions so that you can get your feet to feel good again.
It is important to tell the doctor and your parents if your feet still hurt after trying the foot cushions or any other things that you try.
Good luck to you!
Ellen J.

Paula S on 4/10/02 at 22:36 (079175)

Hello S.B.! Does your PE teacher know you're having foot pain? It's important for you or your parents to let them know so that you are not expected to do exercises that might hurt them more. Good luck with your cushions, and if they don't seem to help, get back to the doctor. There are many things that can be done to help you. Take care!