Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PT for PF

Posted by shelly m. on 4/10/02 at 12:31 (079067)

What kind of PT do you recommend for PF? I want to stay with conservative treatments and not the evasive ones such as injections just yet.....I am a nurse and on my feet all day...I wear splints, ice them when possible, apply heat when possible, take Celebrex and nothing seems to help. It's excruciating pain especially in the mornings......got any suggestions?
Thanks, Shelly

Re: PT for PF

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/11/02 at 05:33 (079193)

Hi Shelly:
Physical therapy such as Ultraound to the heel and paraffin baths seem to be effective. Also electrical stimulation along the bands helps some cases. I would suggest an aggressive/conservative regimen of PT three times wekly for three weeks. Also modify your shoes avoid flats and barefoot. Wedge type shoes help suvhas Nurse mates. How long is your condition going on?

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: PT for PF

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/11/02 at 05:33 (079193)

Hi Shelly:
Physical therapy such as Ultraound to the heel and paraffin baths seem to be effective. Also electrical stimulation along the bands helps some cases. I would suggest an aggressive/conservative regimen of PT three times wekly for three weeks. Also modify your shoes avoid flats and barefoot. Wedge type shoes help suvhas Nurse mates. How long is your condition going on?

Dr. John Cozzarelli