Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How many pt sessions necessary to determine whether or not pt is effective?

Posted by Michael on 4/10/02 at 14:19 (079089)

Drs:

How many pt sessions would be considered a fair time to consider whether or not pt (involving iontophoresis, ultrasound, taping and stretching)is effective? I have plantar fasciitis and had six sessions with a pt.

Thanks
Michael

Re: How many pt sessions necessary to determine whether or not pt is effective?

Nicole K. on 4/10/02 at 14:28 (079092)

My physical therapist seems to think that since I had some relief following deep tissue work our first session that I will get some relief from PT. Do you get any relief?

Michael on 4/10/02 at 18:06 (079122)

No, I have had deep tissue massage, ultrasound, iontophoresis, stretching and still have pain.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/10/02 at 18:42 (079129)

hi

three times per week for two weeks should see some tpye of decrease in pain and increase in range of motion. So if no relief or pain is worst at the end of the two weeks then a re-evaluation is in order

Nicole K. on 4/10/02 at 14:28 (079092)

My physical therapist seems to think that since I had some relief following deep tissue work our first session that I will get some relief from PT. Do you get any relief?

Michael on 4/10/02 at 18:06 (079122)

No, I have had deep tissue massage, ultrasound, iontophoresis, stretching and still have pain.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/10/02 at 18:42 (079129)

hi

three times per week for two weeks should see some tpye of decrease in pain and increase in range of motion. So if no relief or pain is worst at the end of the two weeks then a re-evaluation is in order