Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Infection after tarsal tunnel release,and fascia release

Posted by Linda on 4/10/02 at 14:52 (079098)

I have this major infection that is taking over a week to clear up. When I had my surgery, they put a drain in, but the drain got a blood clot in it, and 2 of my stitches broke, causing the blood to drain. I had my surgery on a friday, and when I went to the doctor monday, I already had an infection. Is this a common thing? It kills so much. I started out on Keflex, then was put on Cipro, and today I was put on Augmentin. I had the exact surgery in December, and it went so much better. How long does this sort of thing take to clear up?
Thank you for any suggestions.

Re: Infection after tarsal tunnel release,and fascia release

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/10/02 at 16:54 (079112)

If you don't get alot of decrease in pain, edema, rubor. You should be place oon IV antibiotic and possible hospital stay. Don't wait more then two days if no relief. Talk about IV antibiotics with your doctor ASAP

Linda on 4/11/02 at 06:08 (079194)

Thank you, I will talk to my doctor. It is still pretty swollen and painful, and the skin feels really hard.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/10/02 at 16:54 (079112)

If you don't get alot of decrease in pain, edema, rubor. You should be place oon IV antibiotic and possible hospital stay. Don't wait more then two days if no relief. Talk about IV antibiotics with your doctor ASAP

Linda on 4/11/02 at 06:08 (079194)

Thank you, I will talk to my doctor. It is still pretty swollen and painful, and the skin feels really hard.