Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

had ossatron done 2 weeks ago............

Posted by cindy E. on 4/10/02 at 15:40 (079100)

WENT TO DR. LISCH IN HOUSTON ON A STUDY PROGRAM.MUCH LESS $. $1500.00 FOR 1 FOOT.DID MY WORST ONE FIRST. FELT REALY GOOD THE FIRST 2 WEEKS BUT NOW AM GETTIN SOME PAIN AND THROBBING. TRY TO STAY OFF IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BUT HARD TO STAY OFF COMPLETLY WITH HUBBY AND 2 TEENAGERS AT HOME!ANYONE ELSE HAVING SMALL POST-OP PAIN???!!! THEY GAVE ME PAIN PILLS TO TAKE HOME WITH ME BUT DON'T WANT TO USE THEM UNLESS I HAVE TO.IT DOESN'T HURT TO STEP ON THE HEEL, JUST A DEEP ACHING. I HOPE THIS WORKS, HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FOR OVER 3 YEARS THE WORSE BEING THE LAST 8MONTHS. PLEASE JUST
E-MAIL ME IF ANYONE ELSE HAS BEEN THRU THIS AND THE FINAL RESULT. THANKS!! MRS. E. (email removed)

Re: had ossatron done 2 weeks ago............

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/10/02 at 20:59 (079157)

Hi

What kind of study are involved with. It is my understanding that the ossatron FDA studies were started and finished over two years ago.

Now on to your present state of healing. Some patients will get complete relief and then have some pain return. The pain receptors have woken up .
Most healing will take place between week six and week twelve.

You can go on to complete healing and complete resolution of pain
You should rest, no bare feet. hot and cold soaks,
You may need some physical therapy.

Is there anything you can think of that caused the pain to start to return
Feel free to ask me any question that could be helpful to your resolutoin of pain and road to recovery.

cindy E. on 4/10/02 at 21:37 (079162)

DR. LISCH CALLED ME TO LET ME KNOW THERE WAS ROOM FOR ME IN THE STUDY PROGRAM. HE CALLED ME WHEN I WAS BACK HOME TO ANSWER QUESTIONS FOR THE STUDY. I ALSO ASWERED SEVERAL QUESTIONS FOR THE STUDY WHEN I WENT TO HAVE THE PROCEDURE DONE.I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING I'VE DONE TO IRRITATE THE FOOT OHTER THAN NOT STAY 100% OFF OF IT. DURING THE 1ST WEEK, OTHER THAN GETTING OFF AND ON THE PLANE TO RETURN HOME AND GETTING UP LONG ENOUGH FOR THE BATHROOM AND FIX MYSELF A LIGHT LUNCH, I STAYED OFF IT. THE SECOND WEEK, I WAS ON IT A BIT MORE AROUND THE HOUSE, BUT ALWAYS USED A ELECTRIC CHAIR AT THE STORES TO GROCERY SHOP AND GOT OFF IT AS SOON AS I GOT HOME. OTHER THAN I'M UP COOKING FOR MY FAMILY(SITTING AS I WAIT ON IT TO COOK) I DON'T BELIEVE I'VE DONE MUCH OTHER THAN THAT! IS THAT STILL TOO MUCH? I HAVE STARTED GOING BACK TO A DEEP-WATER EXERCISE CLASS THAT THE DOCTOR SAID WOULD BE FINE. I'M NOT TOUCHING THE POOL-BOTTOM AT ALL. JUST USING MY BIRKENSTOCK SANDALS OR ORTHOTICS TO GET FROM ROOM TO ROOM AT HOME. SHOULD I BE TAPING? IT DIDN'T SEEM TO HELP BEFORE TREATMENT. I STILL DO THE STRETCHING. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED. MRS. E

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/10/02 at 21:58 (079167)

You could start taking motrin 800 mgs one bid . Vioxx , celebrex. Is the pain as bad as it was before the ESWT treatment.

cindy E. on 4/11/02 at 08:01 (079200)

tTHE DOCTOR SAID NO ANTI-INFLAMMATORY MEDS FOR 1 MONTH AFTERWARDS. I HAD BEEN ON NAPROSYN AND MOST RECENTLY ,MOBIC. DUE TO THE LENGTH OF TIME I WAS ON THESE MEDS(18 MONTHS) ,.I HAVE DEVELOPED STOMACHE ULCERS AGAIN SO NOW I'M ON NEXIUM TO GET THAT HEALED UP! THIS MORNING THE PAIN HAS SUBSIDED SO FAR. NO, THE PAIN WASN'T ANYTHING NEAR WHAT IT WAS BEFORE TREATMENT

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/11/02 at 10:08 (079214)

It is going to take time. Six to twelve weeks . Some patients will take longer

AndrewS on 4/14/02 at 20:13 (079660)

I had same experience. Had procedure done about a month ago. Had immediate relief, then and since have had pretty significant pain. Now using paraffin was about twice a day. Also now taking Celebrex. I hope Dr. Z is right and in 6-12 weeks I see improvement.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/14/02 at 21:10 (079667)

Give it time. The wax paraffin can hellp with the pain and incresse blood flow to the healing area. Taping is very good also

cindy E. on 4/14/02 at 22:59 (079670)

JUST AT THE 3 WEEK MARK. THE SHARPER PAIN I HAD FOR A FEW DAYS HAS SUBSIDED. SEEMS LIKE I CAN WALK AROUND A LITTLE MORE THIS WEEK, BUT STILL HAVE BURNING AND ACHY-NESS IF I'VE BEEN ON IT TOO LONG! FEELS REALLY GOOD FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. CAN'T WAIT TO START DOING DAILY 2-MILE WALKS AGAIN!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/10/02 at 20:59 (079157)

Hi

What kind of study are involved with. It is my understanding that the ossatron FDA studies were started and finished over two years ago.

Now on to your present state of healing. Some patients will get complete relief and then have some pain return. The pain receptors have woken up .
Most healing will take place between week six and week twelve.

You can go on to complete healing and complete resolution of pain
You should rest, no bare feet. hot and cold soaks,
You may need some physical therapy.

Is there anything you can think of that caused the pain to start to return
Feel free to ask me any question that could be helpful to your resolutoin of pain and road to recovery.

cindy E. on 4/10/02 at 21:37 (079162)

DR. LISCH CALLED ME TO LET ME KNOW THERE WAS ROOM FOR ME IN THE STUDY PROGRAM. HE CALLED ME WHEN I WAS BACK HOME TO ANSWER QUESTIONS FOR THE STUDY. I ALSO ASWERED SEVERAL QUESTIONS FOR THE STUDY WHEN I WENT TO HAVE THE PROCEDURE DONE.I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING I'VE DONE TO IRRITATE THE FOOT OHTER THAN NOT STAY 100% OFF OF IT. DURING THE 1ST WEEK, OTHER THAN GETTING OFF AND ON THE PLANE TO RETURN HOME AND GETTING UP LONG ENOUGH FOR THE BATHROOM AND FIX MYSELF A LIGHT LUNCH, I STAYED OFF IT. THE SECOND WEEK, I WAS ON IT A BIT MORE AROUND THE HOUSE, BUT ALWAYS USED A ELECTRIC CHAIR AT THE STORES TO GROCERY SHOP AND GOT OFF IT AS SOON AS I GOT HOME. OTHER THAN I'M UP COOKING FOR MY FAMILY(SITTING AS I WAIT ON IT TO COOK) I DON'T BELIEVE I'VE DONE MUCH OTHER THAN THAT! IS THAT STILL TOO MUCH? I HAVE STARTED GOING BACK TO A DEEP-WATER EXERCISE CLASS THAT THE DOCTOR SAID WOULD BE FINE. I'M NOT TOUCHING THE POOL-BOTTOM AT ALL. JUST USING MY BIRKENSTOCK SANDALS OR ORTHOTICS TO GET FROM ROOM TO ROOM AT HOME. SHOULD I BE TAPING? IT DIDN'T SEEM TO HELP BEFORE TREATMENT. I STILL DO THE STRETCHING. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED. MRS. E

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/10/02 at 21:58 (079167)

You could start taking motrin 800 mgs one bid . Vioxx , celebrex. Is the pain as bad as it was before the ESWT treatment.

cindy E. on 4/11/02 at 08:01 (079200)

tTHE DOCTOR SAID NO ANTI-INFLAMMATORY MEDS FOR 1 MONTH AFTERWARDS. I HAD BEEN ON NAPROSYN AND MOST RECENTLY ,MOBIC. DUE TO THE LENGTH OF TIME I WAS ON THESE MEDS(18 MONTHS) ,.I HAVE DEVELOPED STOMACHE ULCERS AGAIN SO NOW I'M ON NEXIUM TO GET THAT HEALED UP! THIS MORNING THE PAIN HAS SUBSIDED SO FAR. NO, THE PAIN WASN'T ANYTHING NEAR WHAT IT WAS BEFORE TREATMENT

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/11/02 at 10:08 (079214)

It is going to take time. Six to twelve weeks . Some patients will take longer

AndrewS on 4/14/02 at 20:13 (079660)

I had same experience. Had procedure done about a month ago. Had immediate relief, then and since have had pretty significant pain. Now using paraffin was about twice a day. Also now taking Celebrex. I hope Dr. Z is right and in 6-12 weeks I see improvement.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/14/02 at 21:10 (079667)

Give it time. The wax paraffin can hellp with the pain and incresse blood flow to the healing area. Taping is very good also

cindy E. on 4/14/02 at 22:59 (079670)

JUST AT THE 3 WEEK MARK. THE SHARPER PAIN I HAD FOR A FEW DAYS HAS SUBSIDED. SEEMS LIKE I CAN WALK AROUND A LITTLE MORE THIS WEEK, BUT STILL HAVE BURNING AND ACHY-NESS IF I'VE BEEN ON IT TOO LONG! FEELS REALLY GOOD FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. CAN'T WAIT TO START DOING DAILY 2-MILE WALKS AGAIN!!