Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Did I see that Carole was back?

Posted by Rich on 4/11/02 at 12:04 (079249)

Carole...are you posting from home? How was your trip and more importantly, HOW are your feet? I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures. After your last post, I was so impressed with the picture clarity, that I have been learning to use my digital camera more. I took some really great pictures for Easter.

We got an incredible amount of rain on Monday! Localized flooding and watching the Vermilion River closely!!! BUT, what beautiful weather we are having since!

WELCOME home...unless I was mistaken...LOL

Rich
<><

Re: Did I see that Carole was back?

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 12:57 (079263)

Yes, I just got back! :)

The night before I left, Frank (old flame visiting from Connecticut) took me on that long promised walk through the French Quarter. It was over three hours walking and standing. I was not wearing my orthotics but was doing OK, until on the way back suddenly my arches began to cramp up! It felt serious and was kind of scary. Luckily we had just entered Jackson Square, where there are lots of benches, so I immediately sat down and did some stretching exercises and 'loosening up' type things like making circles with my feet. Then, we proceded back to the car which was on the other side of the French Market (quite a few blocks). I was concerned, but I knew that I was going to wear my orthotics at sea anyway. I didn't take any other shoes except my shower shoes.

We got to the study site south of New Orleans in the deep water by Saturday morning. Unfortunately, the waves were too big to get the samples we had hoped for. We were having sets of 12 foot waves with 50 mph winds. For that particular ship, 12 foot waves are just about as much as I'd ever want to see; the ship was really taking a beating. Our equipment is large and heavy, and had to be deployed using winches; and so in heavy seas, you have heavy things swinging about and it just wasn't safe. So after about 3-4 hours Saturday morning we had to quit.

We waited out there until Sunday morning, hoping the weather would improve but it just got worse and worse. So finally Sunday afternoon we headed inshore where the waves were much less, and took refuge. We sat in the shallow water about 6 miles south of Venice, Louisiana, until the middle of the night. Then, we steamed back to the original study site in deep water. We got there Monday morning but the waves were still prohibitively high out there. So, we waited all day again and finally gave up and headed back to port.

Most of the time all of us stayed inside because the waves were washing over the deck; we couldn't do any work out there, and it wasn't a good situation for sight-seeing. So, we stayed inside and watched video tapes most of the time. My PF loved that! We watched the 'Titanic' and 'Cast Away', which were two movies I had wanted badly to see when they were in the theater, and a number of others including comedies, spy movies, war movies, martial arts dramas, and one horror movie that I refused to watch because it was too scary (so I read a book while that was showing). My feet feel great and I didn't even take my Celebrex while I was at sea. I climbed a huge number of ladders/stairs every day, but with all that rest my feet didn't seem to mind.

All in all, I had a ball! I feel kind of guilty about it because we weren't able to do the science, and also because almost everyone got sick, even the crew, but for some reason I was lucky and didn't get sick or have to take my seasick medicine. The food was wonderful and I have not yet had the nerve to weigh myself since I returned.

I'll have the photos ready later this weekend and put some of them on my website and post a link. I took 150 of them or so. They are still inside my camera and not even on my PC yet. I just got home last night late, and went to work this morning but I'm taking this afternoon off. The floors are still rocking! LOL

Carole C

Re: Welcome Home...

Rich on 4/11/02 at 13:13 (079273)

Rounds really rough! I've never gone offshore unless you count the Galveston ferry! LOL

I like the kind of waves we make in our pool...where I can touch bottom!

I'm curious about your camera too? I got a Sony Mavica for Christmas and have been using floppy disks. Need to get a Memory Stick but am not sure what size (mb) to get. What are you using? Sounds like at least 32mb?

I was so happy to hear/read about your excursion to the French Quarter, but I missed it and you were already off to sea. Sounds like you had a really good time. It's been years since we went there! I still haven't been to the Aquarium and want to bring the girls to the zoo this summer. If you still haven't done that, we should try to time our visit and we can hobble along together! LOL

Seriously, I hope to have major improvement by then. My pod still has me in this boot and he put me on crutches for two weeks. I started on those last Saturday and with some wonderful help from Carmen and John I think I finally figured the best way for me to use them! I realized today that I had 0 pain but will stick to the doctors orders so I don't screw up again.

I am considering a post to Ask the Doc board after reading that long thread on custom orthos vs. OTC inserts and I know I'll get a response from my new friends! LOL

Those were a couple of really good movies...we rent pretty often, but the kids get first pick or else we have to stay up real late to see our choices!

Well, didn't mean to keep you so long...just wanted to say we missed you! and glad you made it back safely. The weather was so bad here and the radars showed it stretching out into the Gulf. I wondered how you were faring and sent up a little prayer....

Rich

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 13:30 (079278)

In answer to your question, my new camera that I've been using on the ship is a Sony Mavica MVC-FD100. The MVC-FD200 is top of the line, but I saved a hundred bucks by going for this one which has less resolution. With the hundred bucks I saved, I bought the 128 Meg memory stick, which is the largest that they make and should allow me to take all the photos I want without running out of space. I just checked and on this cruise I took 169 photos at 1024 x 768 resolution and still have plenty of space. I think most people use the 32 Meg though.

I'd love to go to the zoo with you and your girls this summer, when you feel up to it! I'd love to meet you. I'm hoping that your feet will finally be healing enough for that soon. It sounds like you are doing the right things, especially in still following doctors orders even with 0 pain. That will let you heal faster, I think. Anyway, we can consider the zoo trip to be a flexible plan, to be done only when you feel you are ready. Or, maybe we could get a wheelchair for you, either way.

Thanks for the prayer while we were out in the Gulf. I'm glad the weather did not get worse than it did. Our captain was very experienced and cautious, but even with such a captain one never knows what the weather and seas will bring.

Carole C

Re: Cameras

Rich on 4/11/02 at 13:39 (079282)

I have the Sony Mavica FD92. I've been using the 1280 (3:2) image size and getting only 6 images to a single floppy. Really need to get the memory stick. Sony online has been advertising some really fantastic price drops, but haven't decided on size yet. Do you have the Sony mouse/memory stick adapter? I really want to invest in that.

Thanks for the info....

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 13:55 (079285)

I don't have the memory stick adaptor. Do you mean the one where you can put the memory stick into a floppy-like thing and put it in the floppy drive? Nope, I planned to get it but so far I haven't bought it. Maybe later. Unfortunately only four of the 1024 x 768 images that my camera produces fit on a floppy. I copied the images 4 at a time onto floppies and transferred them that way, last time. This time I'd like to take a few hours and figure out the software to transfer them all at once via the USB cable. I just didn't have the patience to do it last time.

Yes, the price drops are fabulous. I was looking at these cameras back in August and what I wanted was $799; I bought this one for $399.

The drop in price, plus the fact that I was going to sea, were my motives for buying it. I had borrowed a friend's Mavica last September for my trip to see my Mom in Hawaii, and I was so impressed with how easy it was to use. However, the prices were pretty high back then so I did not buy one at that time.

I even experimented with the 6X zoom this time, in taking some photos of oil rigs on the horizon (which always seem to look smaller in the photo than they do in real life). I haven't looked at them yet to see if it worked, though. The ship was really rocking so I might have missed. LOL

Carole C

Re: Welcome back, Carole!

Suzanne D on 4/11/02 at 14:16 (079293)

I was just thinking this morning, Carole...Now let's see; how many days has it been since Carole went to sea? Shouldn't she be back soon? (I am turning into my mother: she used to say that she did her best thinking in the bathtub in the morning, and then it was downhill the rest of the day!) :-)

I'm glad you're back and that your long walk before you left didn't hurt your feet. That has to be encouraging for you! Don't feel guilty about the relaxing you got to do on your time out at sea! Think of it as a bonus; you have worked so hard against some pretty tough odds in the last several months. It was a nice break which you deserved!

Glad you're back!
Suzanne :-)

Re: Thinking in the Bathtub

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 14:47 (079299)

Thanks, Suzanne! I really did enjoy the break. I am taking this afternoon off from work, using 5 hours of 'comp time' which I earned from working on the weekend. I'm enjoying the time off. Eventually the floor should stop swaying when I stand up. LOL

Thinking in the bathtub probably works pretty well! (I'm still a shower shoes and shower stool person, but might switch to baths eventually). I like thinking while I'm insomniac and searching the net half asleep, or while I'm driving. Maybe it's the same principle; dis-engage the brain, let it relax and wander, and see what emerges. :)

Carole C

Re: Adaptor

Rich on 4/11/02 at 15:46 (079307)

Sony makes an adaptor that is built in to a mouse. You just replace your existing mouse...has a scroll button, left/right buttons. The memory stick is inserted into the end to download pictures. No need to bother with the USB cable. Online, it is offered for about $180 with the 128mb memory stick. Ouch!

I know...I'm not very patient, I like this instant gratification thing...you know...cable modem, mega byte this and that...LOL

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 16:22 (079316)

Oh, OK! I hadn't heard about that one and I have no idea if it's something I'd want or what. Here's another alternative. For $75 you can get the floppy disk adapter thingie. You just insert the memory stick into this thing that looks like a floppy disk, and then you can download all the photos on your memory stick that way by putting it into your floppy drive. That's what my friend has with his 32 Meg memory stick and it's as easy as inserting a floppy. This adaptor plus the 128 Meg memory stick would run about $180 also for both together.

As for instant gratification..... tell me about it! I'm the same way. LOL

Carole C

BrianG on 4/11/02 at 21:51 (079364)

'The floors are still rocking', hahahaaaaa. Good one. You'd have to be at sea for a few days to experience that one. Glad you didn't get sick Carole. One trick I did learn on the C.G. ship was to eat a steady supply of soda crackers when the seas got rough. Worked for me :*)

Welcome back
BrianG

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 22:07 (079368)

It was really weird, Brian. I expected that since I have been away from the sea for so long (nine years, which was the longest time away of my life) that I would get sick. Instead, after the first three hours (during which I felt kind of I was so steady that I not only didn't eat soda crackers, I was happily wolfing down great quantities of fatty pork chops, fried stuff, and other no-no's.

I tried to help my friends by bringing them crackers and by giving away all my unused Bonine. I think I was the only one that didn't feel even slightly queasy. One scientist spent the entire trip in his bunk sleeping, puking, and trying to keep down Dramamine and water. Most of the others were up and about but feeling rather green and unsettled. Maybe my joy at being back at sea helped me to keep my mind off of my digestive tract. LOL

On the other hand, I wasn't much more graceful than anyone else as we staggered around for the first couple of days or so. :)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 22:09 (079369)

oops, I meant '(during which I felt kind of iffy and unsure)', not '(during which I felt kind of'

Sorry

john h on 4/12/02 at 09:14 (079404)

Carole: I recently bought a 128mb memory chip for my Olympus digital camera for about $40 on ebay. It allows me over 500 pictures.

Re: Pictures

Rich on 4/12/02 at 09:51 (079410)

Well, you two have me about convinced to get the 128mb memory stick! I love to take pictures and I love the instant gratification of the digital camera...yes, I am one of those you always has at least 7 or 8 rolls of film waiting to be developed. You should see the boxes of photos I have! I love the idea of them now stored on floppy's. I tried unsuccessfully to burn them on to a cd...still trying to figure out my burner! Can they be reduced in size to get more onto a cd? Have you done that yet? Please share any tips that might be useful!!!!

Have you found any good websites with really good and easy digital imaging tips?

Thanks, have a great day!
Rich

Carole C in NOLA on 4/12/02 at 10:33 (079424)

I have not yet had a problem with exceeding the capacity of a CD. When in 1024 x 768, these photos range in size from 59K to 176K. All 58 of them are only 6.34M and that barely touches the capacity of a CD. You could fit quite a few on a CD, and blank CD's are not a great expense for me at the rate that I photograph.

I use the Adaptec Easy CD Creator software that came with my Sony computer. I don't make CD's too often, but it's quite foolproof even though I never seem to do it the same way twice.

Although I did not wish to reduce the 58 photos from my last trip to sea in order to store them on CD, I did create additional smaller versions of them that are 640 x 480 for my website. (Geocities didn't like the amount of bandwidth used when I had all of the larger versions on my free website and told all my friends and relatives to go have a look). My Sony Mavica camera will reduce them for me if I want, right there in the camera after taking the photos in a larger size. However, since I bought and own a copy of Paint Shop Pro, I used that very useful software package to create copies in a smaller size after the photos were on my computer in the larger size. Piece of cake.

Carole C

BrianG on 4/12/02 at 11:14 (079430)

We had a snipe (engine man) on the ship who got sea sick as soon as they fired up diesels. Talk about bieng in the wrong profession. I never got sick when I was younger. About 5 years ago, it did start though. After a couple all day fishig trips, where I was green, but not sick, I finally got sick big time. Eight horrible, wretched hours!!! It was what we call 'The cure'. I'll never go out on an all day boat again!!!! I was cured of that bit of fun. Not even if my heels get better, hahaahaaa

BrianG

john h on 4/12/02 at 11:16 (079431)

Rich to increase the number of pictures you can place on your CD make sure you convert them to a JPEG format unless you really want the very highest print quality. Most JPEG is good enough for email and even printing everyday pictures. If you are trying to make an 8 x 10 you will obviously need to step up the resolution and therefore increase the amount of space/memory the pictures will use. You probably have Adobe Photo as it is usually given to you when you purchase a camera. You can convert your pictures to any type of format with this program and adjust your pictures in many ways. Memory for camera's is sort of an all time low so check ebay and you will find all the types of memory cards there are at very good prices (new). you should not pay much more than $50 for 128mb. at least a few months ago that was where it was.

Re: Cruise photos up

Carole C in NOLA on 4/12/02 at 18:17 (079475)

Some of the photos that I took on the cruise are viewable on my website, at

http://www.geocities.com/CLCinNOLA

Click on the April Cruise photos link. There's even one of me, this time. (grin)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 4/12/02 at 18:27 (079476)

I have heard of people tending to get seasick more easily as they get older and aren't at sea so much. I have to admit I was relieved that it didn't happen to me (yet). I didn't even feel green, just more invigorated and energetic than usual.

But you know what? When your heels get better, you can still go to sea without getting sick. Just take Bonine or use a Scopolamine patch. I think going to sea makes my feet feel better, too. Probably that's all in the head, but who cares as long as I feel better? LOL

Carole C

Sharon W on 4/13/02 at 08:10 (079511)

Carole,

I liked 'View from the Fantail, Leaving Galveston.' Looks like you were on your way to Paradise!

-- Sharon

Carole C in NOLA on 4/13/02 at 08:30 (079512)

It sure seemed like it! Even when the weather turned ugly, it's another world out there. Glad you liked that one. :)

Carole C

Laurie R on 4/13/02 at 10:39 (079524)

Hi Carole , Thank you for sharring your photos from your trip . I really enjoy looking at them.... How fun .. Now I don't think I could sleep in such a small space , but being on the water would probably make up for where you have to sleep . It looks so peaceful.....Thank you again ... Laurie R

Re: sleeping at sea

Carole C in NOLA on 4/13/02 at 11:06 (079528)

It did seem pretty small sleeping there because I have a queen-sized bed all to myself at home. If I pushed my back up against the wall, I could bend my knee with about a half inch to spare before it would hit the wood on the other side, and vice versa.

But they have made a big improvement since the last time I was on this vessel, in 1992! They now have fitted bottom sheets instead of just another flat sheet. That way the bed 'stays together' a lot better and it makes it easier to sleep. It was great to be on the water.

More about sleeping: in the rough seas there is not only the peaceful creaking of the vessel and rumble of the engines, but also the big 'POW!!' when a big wave slams into the hull right beside you, or the 'KEERASH!!' when the bow lifts and falls back down on the sea. Then there was the anchor chain rasping along the hull, link by link, as it pulled loose when the seas got a little rougher in the shallow water area. But anyway, I still slept pretty well.

I kept my shower shoes in bed with me above my pillow so that I could find them in the middle of the night. Things on the floor just didn't stay put so they had to be secured. Also, I needed the security of knowing where some shoes were, so that I could sleep! People on heelspurs.com can probably relate to that better than anybody. Here in New Orleans I have a special spot where my Birkenstocks always are when I'm sleeping.

I also kept my next day's clean clothes in bed with me, above my pillow too. That way when I woke up early in the morning, I could find them easily and quietly, and get dressed in the dark and not wake up my roommate. I got pretty good at dressing in bed so that I didn't teeter around and fall while standing with one leg in my jeans as the ship pitched about. LOL

Carole C

BrianG on 4/13/02 at 17:37 (079554)

Hey Carole,

We had a name for those fitted bottom sheets. Can you guess what it was? :*)
It's obvious that you have put a lot of time and energy into your website. You did well!!!

BrianG

Re: Cruise photos up - WOW!

Suzanne D on 4/14/02 at 08:32 (079589)

Dear Carole,

I just got a chance to see your pictures! WOW! Thanks so much for all the time and effort it must have taken to post those! What an amazing job you have!

Here are my disjointed, rambling comments on what I saw: :-)

~The nearest thing to your sleeping quarters I have experienced is staying in the dorm as 'dorm mom', supervising at church camp over the last 20-some years. I would usually help out one week each summer. (The last 3 or 4 years I have helped at Day Camp. I tell them I am 'retired' from the night duty!) While there were no waves, there were always some restless girls to try to get still!)

~Whenever I read about your leaving from Galveston, I think of Glen Campbell, a favorite of mine years ago, and his song 'Galveston'. Anyone remember that?

~Your photos of 'Ocean, sky, pretty colors' and the sunset should be postcards!

~You have such a happy smile and very pretty hair!

~I sure am glad your feet are better so that you would not have to miss this trip!

Have a good day! We're having an awful lot of rain here in KY. I remember years ago hearing an old man say that if it rains on Easter Sunday, it will rain for the next 7 Sundays. That's true for the 2 Sundays since Easter for us! :-)

Take care, and thanks for sharing,

wendyn on 4/14/02 at 09:24 (079590)

Awesome pictues!

The extent of my experience on water is a few trips in a canoe, the odd ferry - and maybe one or two motor boats.

I felt sick just looking at those waves!

(Nice pic of yourself by the way!)

Re: Thanks, Suzanne! and I added some rambling about healing

Carole C in NOLA on 4/14/02 at 10:24 (079598)

Suzanne, I'm glad you liked them! Now I'm glad I didn't leave out the 'Ocean, sky, pretty colors' photo which had originally removed to save space. I ended up with 169 photos so I had to pick and choose. I am using a higher resolution version of the one called 'Sunset from the fantail' as my computer wallpaper now, so I guess it's my favorite. I do remember Glen Campbell's 'Galveston' but I hadn't thought of it! Thanks. I don't remember the words very well.

I was happy to get the lower rack (bunk). I would fall asleep before my roomate showed up for bed each evening, because I'm an early riser and she likes to stay up late. Since she had to climb a bit I would leave the overhead light on for her, but that didn't keep me from sleeping at all if I closed the curtains. Luckily, this time I only had one roommate. So, I think I had it easier than you with your Girl Scouts. LOL

Sorry to hear you are having a rainy Sunday! Still, everything will seem clean and fresh and new when the sunshine comes back. It never did rain here yesterday, though it looked like it, and today looks like it will be partly sunny.

Surprisingly, despite all the stair/ladder climbing (probably 10-15/day) my feet didn't seem to suffer much. The rest while video-watching probably helped, plus stretching. Now that my feet are mostly healed, with a pain level of less than 1, it seems like they can take a lot more without having a set back.

It seemed to take forever for my feet to heal from pain level 8+ to pain level 6-, but once they got to that point they healed to pain level 2 pretty smoothly (As you probably recall, I kept resting as though they still hurt on an 8+ level during that time). At about a pain level 2 the healing process seemed to gain a lot of MOMENTUM, my feet suddenly seem stronger, and doing moderately stupid things doesn't set me back much. This was a pleasant surprise that I think maybe a lot of people here can look forward to.

Carole C

Re: Thanks :)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/14/02 at 10:35 (079599)

Thanks, Wendy! It was a neat experience and I feel so lucky to have had it. I'm also very lucky that the opportunity arose now and not back in January, when my feet could not have withstood it.

Hopefully the ice is melting up there by now. We have had highs in the upper 70's or around 80 F (= 27 C) lately here in New Orleans. I am still sending songbirds north to you. We aren't getting so many of your Canadian cold fronts these days, and the TV weatherman said we probably won't get any more this spring so thanks for that. LOL

Pretty soon it will be HOT here, and humid, and I will be the one complaining and wishing for your cool fresh Canadian air.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 4/14/02 at 11:55 (079609)

OK, I give up. I don't know what they called them. I am searching my memory of my ex-husband's gross vocabulary (he was Navy) and all I can think of is some crude reference to a prophylactic. Whatever those fitted bottom sheets might have been called, I think they are a big improvement and helped me to sleep a lot better.

Thanks for the compliments on my website! I really enjoy working on it, and it's a hobby of mine. Nobody ever goes there, but I enjoy working on it anyway. I'm no artist, but this is one way I can make something I feel is 'pretty'. I like to program so I write the webpages from scratch in Notepad. I find it's more fun writing them from scratch than it would be using an html editor, and gives me more latitude so I get exactly the look that I had in mind.

Unfortunately Geocities hasn't kept up with the times, and I need more space and more bandwidth than they can supply for me for free. Recently they even eliminated file transfer using normal FTP software like WS-FTP (my favorite) so it takes forever to move files back and forth with their stupid little file transfer function. The required ad takes up the whole right hand side of the page, which is much more than previously. I've never in my life paid for webspace, though, and I'm not sure where to look for a better deal for free.

Carole C

wendyn on 4/14/02 at 13:52 (079620)

Carole, it has warmed up this week - and the snow has melted. There is more snow forecast for the end of the week though. Things are very brown and dirty - it's an icky time of year.

But, on the upside - the birds have indeed arrived. Saw a few robins this week, and one charming little bird (not sure what it was) was awake before 5:30 am the other day - singing and happy to be alive. The rest of the City, and all the other little birds were still trying to get some zzzz's - but not this him.

There's one in every bunch...!

JudyS on 4/14/02 at 18:41 (079650)

Wonderful photos again, Carole! Only a PFer could appreciate the one of the ladder......:)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/14/02 at 19:53 (079655)

Thanks, Judy. I took that ladder photo just for my friends here at heelspurs.com . It amazes me still that I was scampering up and down those. I think the ship's motion makes it easier.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 4/14/02 at 20:02 (079657)

Thanks, Judy. I took that ladder photo just for my friends here at heelspurs.com . It amazes me still that I was scampering up and down those. I think the ship's motion makes it easier.

Carole C

(I posted this before but the message board changed it and everythings all messed up! LOL)

Rich on 4/15/02 at 15:24 (079725)

Finally getting back to the computer. Had a very busy weekend. The photos are great and your website is cool! I signed your guestbook, too!

Thanks on the photo tips! I took some really great portraits this weekend of my new nephew. He was baptized on Sunday and I'm planning on doing black and white copies for his parents.

Talk soon....

Rich

Re: Rich, and Judy S. !

Carole C in NOLA on 4/15/02 at 15:41 (079731)

Thanks for signing my guest book Rich, and thanks to you too, Judy S.

Rich, I'll bet those baptism portraits of your new baby nephew are adorable. Also, I'll bet you'll be running around pain-free by the time he needs a loving Aunt to help chase after him! :)

Carole C

BrianG on 4/16/02 at 12:00 (079834)

Fart sacks !!! :*)

When my ship crossed the international date line, a lot of us had to go through an initiation deal. First, everyone (excpet the captain) had their heads shaved, in different, very weird patterns. Next, the old timers took about 8 fart sacks and cut open the closed end. Then they sewed them all together, forming a long tunnel. Into that tunnel from hell they put: 5 day old garbage, grease, and some motor oil. The captain got to crawl through first. Very fortunate to be first. Plus they went easy on him with the fire hoses (whipping us)! I was one of the newest guys, so I was near the back of the line. The bad deal about being last, is that a lot of guys had already vomited inside that tunnel!!! Oh ya, it was the south pacific, so it was probably 95 degrees, hahahaaaa.

The first guys were also lucky, as they got to jump overboard, to clean up. It was only a matter of time before the sharks showed up, so the rest of us had to clean up on board. Not only did we have to try and get clean in the shower, we also had to make sure it was sparkling clean for the next poor bast*rd! I used to have the card, proving I had crossed over. Now I can't even remember what the event was called :*)

BrianG, the old salt

Carole C in NOLA on 4/16/02 at 14:17 (079855)

It's been a long time since I crossed the International Date Line too. The newbies are called Pollywogs, and those who've been through the initiation are Shellbacks, as I recall. I used to have a certificate but I lost it several decades back.

I was just five years old when I crossed the International Date Line for the first time. I was blindfolded and given cold spaghetti noodles to eat, but they told me I was having to eat worms. I believed it! I was SO grossed out. (grin)

Carole C

BrianG on 4/16/02 at 19:48 (079904)

I guess we were both pretty grossed out!! Maybe time to end this thread? hahahahaaaa
Oh, the memories........ :*)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 12:57 (079263)

Yes, I just got back! :)

The night before I left, Frank (old flame visiting from Connecticut) took me on that long promised walk through the French Quarter. It was over three hours walking and standing. I was not wearing my orthotics but was doing OK, until on the way back suddenly my arches began to cramp up! It felt serious and was kind of scary. Luckily we had just entered Jackson Square, where there are lots of benches, so I immediately sat down and did some stretching exercises and 'loosening up' type things like making circles with my feet. Then, we proceded back to the car which was on the other side of the French Market (quite a few blocks). I was concerned, but I knew that I was going to wear my orthotics at sea anyway. I didn't take any other shoes except my shower shoes.

We got to the study site south of New Orleans in the deep water by Saturday morning. Unfortunately, the waves were too big to get the samples we had hoped for. We were having sets of 12 foot waves with 50 mph winds. For that particular ship, 12 foot waves are just about as much as I'd ever want to see; the ship was really taking a beating. Our equipment is large and heavy, and had to be deployed using winches; and so in heavy seas, you have heavy things swinging about and it just wasn't safe. So after about 3-4 hours Saturday morning we had to quit.

We waited out there until Sunday morning, hoping the weather would improve but it just got worse and worse. So finally Sunday afternoon we headed inshore where the waves were much less, and took refuge. We sat in the shallow water about 6 miles south of Venice, Louisiana, until the middle of the night. Then, we steamed back to the original study site in deep water. We got there Monday morning but the waves were still prohibitively high out there. So, we waited all day again and finally gave up and headed back to port.

Most of the time all of us stayed inside because the waves were washing over the deck; we couldn't do any work out there, and it wasn't a good situation for sight-seeing. So, we stayed inside and watched video tapes most of the time. My PF loved that! We watched the 'Titanic' and 'Cast Away', which were two movies I had wanted badly to see when they were in the theater, and a number of others including comedies, spy movies, war movies, martial arts dramas, and one horror movie that I refused to watch because it was too scary (so I read a book while that was showing). My feet feel great and I didn't even take my Celebrex while I was at sea. I climbed a huge number of ladders/stairs every day, but with all that rest my feet didn't seem to mind.

All in all, I had a ball! I feel kind of guilty about it because we weren't able to do the science, and also because almost everyone got sick, even the crew, but for some reason I was lucky and didn't get sick or have to take my seasick medicine. The food was wonderful and I have not yet had the nerve to weigh myself since I returned.

I'll have the photos ready later this weekend and put some of them on my website and post a link. I took 150 of them or so. They are still inside my camera and not even on my PC yet. I just got home last night late, and went to work this morning but I'm taking this afternoon off. The floors are still rocking! LOL

Carole C

Rich on 4/11/02 at 13:13 (079273)

Rounds really rough! I've never gone offshore unless you count the Galveston ferry! LOL

I like the kind of waves we make in our pool...where I can touch bottom!

I'm curious about your camera too? I got a Sony Mavica for Christmas and have been using floppy disks. Need to get a Memory Stick but am not sure what size (mb) to get. What are you using? Sounds like at least 32mb?

I was so happy to hear/read about your excursion to the French Quarter, but I missed it and you were already off to sea. Sounds like you had a really good time. It's been years since we went there! I still haven't been to the Aquarium and want to bring the girls to the zoo this summer. If you still haven't done that, we should try to time our visit and we can hobble along together! LOL

Seriously, I hope to have major improvement by then. My pod still has me in this boot and he put me on crutches for two weeks. I started on those last Saturday and with some wonderful help from Carmen and John I think I finally figured the best way for me to use them! I realized today that I had 0 pain but will stick to the doctors orders so I don't screw up again.

I am considering a post to Ask the Doc board after reading that long thread on custom orthos vs. OTC inserts and I know I'll get a response from my new friends! LOL

Those were a couple of really good movies...we rent pretty often, but the kids get first pick or else we have to stay up real late to see our choices!

Well, didn't mean to keep you so long...just wanted to say we missed you! and glad you made it back safely. The weather was so bad here and the radars showed it stretching out into the Gulf. I wondered how you were faring and sent up a little prayer....

Rich

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 13:30 (079278)

In answer to your question, my new camera that I've been using on the ship is a Sony Mavica MVC-FD100. The MVC-FD200 is top of the line, but I saved a hundred bucks by going for this one which has less resolution. With the hundred bucks I saved, I bought the 128 Meg memory stick, which is the largest that they make and should allow me to take all the photos I want without running out of space. I just checked and on this cruise I took 169 photos at 1024 x 768 resolution and still have plenty of space. I think most people use the 32 Meg though.

I'd love to go to the zoo with you and your girls this summer, when you feel up to it! I'd love to meet you. I'm hoping that your feet will finally be healing enough for that soon. It sounds like you are doing the right things, especially in still following doctors orders even with 0 pain. That will let you heal faster, I think. Anyway, we can consider the zoo trip to be a flexible plan, to be done only when you feel you are ready. Or, maybe we could get a wheelchair for you, either way.

Thanks for the prayer while we were out in the Gulf. I'm glad the weather did not get worse than it did. Our captain was very experienced and cautious, but even with such a captain one never knows what the weather and seas will bring.

Carole C

Rich on 4/11/02 at 13:39 (079282)

I have the Sony Mavica FD92. I've been using the 1280 (3:2) image size and getting only 6 images to a single floppy. Really need to get the memory stick. Sony online has been advertising some really fantastic price drops, but haven't decided on size yet. Do you have the Sony mouse/memory stick adapter? I really want to invest in that.

Thanks for the info....

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 13:55 (079285)

I don't have the memory stick adaptor. Do you mean the one where you can put the memory stick into a floppy-like thing and put it in the floppy drive? Nope, I planned to get it but so far I haven't bought it. Maybe later. Unfortunately only four of the 1024 x 768 images that my camera produces fit on a floppy. I copied the images 4 at a time onto floppies and transferred them that way, last time. This time I'd like to take a few hours and figure out the software to transfer them all at once via the USB cable. I just didn't have the patience to do it last time.

Yes, the price drops are fabulous. I was looking at these cameras back in August and what I wanted was $799; I bought this one for $399.

The drop in price, plus the fact that I was going to sea, were my motives for buying it. I had borrowed a friend's Mavica last September for my trip to see my Mom in Hawaii, and I was so impressed with how easy it was to use. However, the prices were pretty high back then so I did not buy one at that time.

I even experimented with the 6X zoom this time, in taking some photos of oil rigs on the horizon (which always seem to look smaller in the photo than they do in real life). I haven't looked at them yet to see if it worked, though. The ship was really rocking so I might have missed. LOL

Carole C

Re: Welcome back, Carole!

Suzanne D on 4/11/02 at 14:16 (079293)

I was just thinking this morning, Carole...Now let's see; how many days has it been since Carole went to sea? Shouldn't she be back soon? (I am turning into my mother: she used to say that she did her best thinking in the bathtub in the morning, and then it was downhill the rest of the day!) :-)

I'm glad you're back and that your long walk before you left didn't hurt your feet. That has to be encouraging for you! Don't feel guilty about the relaxing you got to do on your time out at sea! Think of it as a bonus; you have worked so hard against some pretty tough odds in the last several months. It was a nice break which you deserved!

Glad you're back!

Re: Thinking in the Bathtub

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 14:47 (079299)

Thanks, Suzanne! I really did enjoy the break. I am taking this afternoon off from work, using 5 hours of 'comp time' which I earned from working on the weekend. I'm enjoying the time off. Eventually the floor should stop swaying when I stand up. LOL

Thinking in the bathtub probably works pretty well! (I'm still a shower shoes and shower stool person, but might switch to baths eventually). I like thinking while I'm insomniac and searching the net half asleep, or while I'm driving. Maybe it's the same principle; dis-engage the brain, let it relax and wander, and see what emerges. :)

Carole C

Rich on 4/11/02 at 15:46 (079307)

Sony makes an adaptor that is built in to a mouse. You just replace your existing mouse...has a scroll button, left/right buttons. The memory stick is inserted into the end to download pictures. No need to bother with the USB cable. Online, it is offered for about $180 with the 128mb memory stick. Ouch!

I know...I'm not very patient, I like this instant gratification thing...you know...cable modem, mega byte this and that...LOL

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 16:22 (079316)

Oh, OK! I hadn't heard about that one and I have no idea if it's something I'd want or what. Here's another alternative. For $75 you can get the floppy disk adapter thingie. You just insert the memory stick into this thing that looks like a floppy disk, and then you can download all the photos on your memory stick that way by putting it into your floppy drive. That's what my friend has with his 32 Meg memory stick and it's as easy as inserting a floppy. This adaptor plus the 128 Meg memory stick would run about $180 also for both together.

As for instant gratification..... tell me about it! I'm the same way. LOL

Carole C

BrianG on 4/11/02 at 21:51 (079364)

'The floors are still rocking', hahahaaaaa. Good one. You'd have to be at sea for a few days to experience that one. Glad you didn't get sick Carole. One trick I did learn on the C.G. ship was to eat a steady supply of soda crackers when the seas got rough. Worked for me :*)

Welcome back
BrianG

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 22:07 (079368)

It was really weird, Brian. I expected that since I have been away from the sea for so long (nine years, which was the longest time away of my life) that I would get sick. Instead, after the first three hours (during which I felt kind of I was so steady that I not only didn't eat soda crackers, I was happily wolfing down great quantities of fatty pork chops, fried stuff, and other no-no's.

I tried to help my friends by bringing them crackers and by giving away all my unused Bonine. I think I was the only one that didn't feel even slightly queasy. One scientist spent the entire trip in his bunk sleeping, puking, and trying to keep down Dramamine and water. Most of the others were up and about but feeling rather green and unsettled. Maybe my joy at being back at sea helped me to keep my mind off of my digestive tract. LOL

On the other hand, I wasn't much more graceful than anyone else as we staggered around for the first couple of days or so. :)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 4/11/02 at 22:09 (079369)

oops, I meant '(during which I felt kind of iffy and unsure)', not '(during which I felt kind of'

Sorry

john h on 4/12/02 at 09:14 (079404)

Carole: I recently bought a 128mb memory chip for my Olympus digital camera for about $40 on ebay. It allows me over 500 pictures.

Rich on 4/12/02 at 09:51 (079410)

Well, you two have me about convinced to get the 128mb memory stick! I love to take pictures and I love the instant gratification of the digital camera...yes, I am one of those you always has at least 7 or 8 rolls of film waiting to be developed. You should see the boxes of photos I have! I love the idea of them now stored on floppy's. I tried unsuccessfully to burn them on to a cd...still trying to figure out my burner! Can they be reduced in size to get more onto a cd? Have you done that yet? Please share any tips that might be useful!!!!

Have you found any good websites with really good and easy digital imaging tips?

Thanks, have a great day!
Rich

Carole C in NOLA on 4/12/02 at 10:33 (079424)

I have not yet had a problem with exceeding the capacity of a CD. When in 1024 x 768, these photos range in size from 59K to 176K. All 58 of them are only 6.34M and that barely touches the capacity of a CD. You could fit quite a few on a CD, and blank CD's are not a great expense for me at the rate that I photograph.

I use the Adaptec Easy CD Creator software that came with my Sony computer. I don't make CD's too often, but it's quite foolproof even though I never seem to do it the same way twice.

Although I did not wish to reduce the 58 photos from my last trip to sea in order to store them on CD, I did create additional smaller versions of them that are 640 x 480 for my website. (Geocities didn't like the amount of bandwidth used when I had all of the larger versions on my free website and told all my friends and relatives to go have a look). My Sony Mavica camera will reduce them for me if I want, right there in the camera after taking the photos in a larger size. However, since I bought and own a copy of Paint Shop Pro, I used that very useful software package to create copies in a smaller size after the photos were on my computer in the larger size. Piece of cake.

Carole C

BrianG on 4/12/02 at 11:14 (079430)

We had a snipe (engine man) on the ship who got sea sick as soon as they fired up diesels. Talk about bieng in the wrong profession. I never got sick when I was younger. About 5 years ago, it did start though. After a couple all day fishig trips, where I was green, but not sick, I finally got sick big time. Eight horrible, wretched hours!!! It was what we call 'The cure'. I'll never go out on an all day boat again!!!! I was cured of that bit of fun. Not even if my heels get better, hahaahaaa

BrianG

john h on 4/12/02 at 11:16 (079431)

Rich to increase the number of pictures you can place on your CD make sure you convert them to a JPEG format unless you really want the very highest print quality. Most JPEG is good enough for email and even printing everyday pictures. If you are trying to make an 8 x 10 you will obviously need to step up the resolution and therefore increase the amount of space/memory the pictures will use. You probably have Adobe Photo as it is usually given to you when you purchase a camera. You can convert your pictures to any type of format with this program and adjust your pictures in many ways. Memory for camera's is sort of an all time low so check ebay and you will find all the types of memory cards there are at very good prices (new). you should not pay much more than $50 for 128mb. at least a few months ago that was where it was.

Carole C in NOLA on 4/12/02 at 18:17 (079475)

Some of the photos that I took on the cruise are viewable on my website, at

http://www.geocities.com/CLCinNOLA

Click on the April Cruise photos link. There's even one of me, this time. (grin)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 4/12/02 at 18:27 (079476)

I have heard of people tending to get seasick more easily as they get older and aren't at sea so much. I have to admit I was relieved that it didn't happen to me (yet). I didn't even feel green, just more invigorated and energetic than usual.

But you know what? When your heels get better, you can still go to sea without getting sick. Just take Bonine or use a Scopolamine patch. I think going to sea makes my feet feel better, too. Probably that's all in the head, but who cares as long as I feel better? LOL

Carole C

Sharon W on 4/13/02 at 08:10 (079511)

Carole,

I liked 'View from the Fantail, Leaving Galveston.' Looks like you were on your way to Paradise!

-- Sharon

Carole C in NOLA on 4/13/02 at 08:30 (079512)

It sure seemed like it! Even when the weather turned ugly, it's another world out there. Glad you liked that one. :)

Carole C

Laurie R on 4/13/02 at 10:39 (079524)

Hi Carole , Thank you for sharring your photos from your trip . I really enjoy looking at them.... How fun .. Now I don't think I could sleep in such a small space , but being on the water would probably make up for where you have to sleep . It looks so peaceful.....Thank you again ... Laurie R

Carole C in NOLA on 4/13/02 at 11:06 (079528)

It did seem pretty small sleeping there because I have a queen-sized bed all to myself at home. If I pushed my back up against the wall, I could bend my knee with about a half inch to spare before it would hit the wood on the other side, and vice versa.

But they have made a big improvement since the last time I was on this vessel, in 1992! They now have fitted bottom sheets instead of just another flat sheet. That way the bed 'stays together' a lot better and it makes it easier to sleep. It was great to be on the water.

More about sleeping: in the rough seas there is not only the peaceful creaking of the vessel and rumble of the engines, but also the big 'POW!!' when a big wave slams into the hull right beside you, or the 'KEERASH!!' when the bow lifts and falls back down on the sea. Then there was the anchor chain rasping along the hull, link by link, as it pulled loose when the seas got a little rougher in the shallow water area. But anyway, I still slept pretty well.

I kept my shower shoes in bed with me above my pillow so that I could find them in the middle of the night. Things on the floor just didn't stay put so they had to be secured. Also, I needed the security of knowing where some shoes were, so that I could sleep! People on heelspurs.com can probably relate to that better than anybody. Here in New Orleans I have a special spot where my Birkenstocks always are when I'm sleeping.

I also kept my next day's clean clothes in bed with me, above my pillow too. That way when I woke up early in the morning, I could find them easily and quietly, and get dressed in the dark and not wake up my roommate. I got pretty good at dressing in bed so that I didn't teeter around and fall while standing with one leg in my jeans as the ship pitched about. LOL

Carole C

BrianG on 4/13/02 at 17:37 (079554)

Hey Carole,

We had a name for those fitted bottom sheets. Can you guess what it was? :*)
It's obvious that you have put a lot of time and energy into your website. You did well!!!

BrianG

Suzanne D on 4/14/02 at 08:32 (079589)

Dear Carole,

I just got a chance to see your pictures! WOW! Thanks so much for all the time and effort it must have taken to post those! What an amazing job you have!

Here are my disjointed, rambling comments on what I saw: :-)

~The nearest thing to your sleeping quarters I have experienced is staying in the dorm as 'dorm mom', supervising at church camp over the last 20-some years. I would usually help out one week each summer. (The last 3 or 4 years I have helped at Day Camp. I tell them I am 'retired' from the night duty!) While there were no waves, there were always some restless girls to try to get still!)

~Whenever I read about your leaving from Galveston, I think of Glen Campbell, a favorite of mine years ago, and his song 'Galveston'. Anyone remember that?

~Your photos of 'Ocean, sky, pretty colors' and the sunset should be postcards!

~You have such a happy smile and very pretty hair!

~I sure am glad your feet are better so that you would not have to miss this trip!

Have a good day! We're having an awful lot of rain here in KY. I remember years ago hearing an old man say that if it rains on Easter Sunday, it will rain for the next 7 Sundays. That's true for the 2 Sundays since Easter for us! :-)

Take care, and thanks for sharing,

wendyn on 4/14/02 at 09:24 (079590)

Awesome pictues!

The extent of my experience on water is a few trips in a canoe, the odd ferry - and maybe one or two motor boats.

I felt sick just looking at those waves!

(Nice pic of yourself by the way!)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/14/02 at 10:24 (079598)

Suzanne, I'm glad you liked them! Now I'm glad I didn't leave out the 'Ocean, sky, pretty colors' photo which had originally removed to save space. I ended up with 169 photos so I had to pick and choose. I am using a higher resolution version of the one called 'Sunset from the fantail' as my computer wallpaper now, so I guess it's my favorite. I do remember Glen Campbell's 'Galveston' but I hadn't thought of it! Thanks. I don't remember the words very well.

I was happy to get the lower rack (bunk). I would fall asleep before my roomate showed up for bed each evening, because I'm an early riser and she likes to stay up late. Since she had to climb a bit I would leave the overhead light on for her, but that didn't keep me from sleeping at all if I closed the curtains. Luckily, this time I only had one roommate. So, I think I had it easier than you with your Girl Scouts. LOL

Sorry to hear you are having a rainy Sunday! Still, everything will seem clean and fresh and new when the sunshine comes back. It never did rain here yesterday, though it looked like it, and today looks like it will be partly sunny.

Surprisingly, despite all the stair/ladder climbing (probably 10-15/day) my feet didn't seem to suffer much. The rest while video-watching probably helped, plus stretching. Now that my feet are mostly healed, with a pain level of less than 1, it seems like they can take a lot more without having a set back.

It seemed to take forever for my feet to heal from pain level 8+ to pain level 6-, but once they got to that point they healed to pain level 2 pretty smoothly (As you probably recall, I kept resting as though they still hurt on an 8+ level during that time). At about a pain level 2 the healing process seemed to gain a lot of MOMENTUM, my feet suddenly seem stronger, and doing moderately stupid things doesn't set me back much. This was a pleasant surprise that I think maybe a lot of people here can look forward to.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 4/14/02 at 10:35 (079599)

Thanks, Wendy! It was a neat experience and I feel so lucky to have had it. I'm also very lucky that the opportunity arose now and not back in January, when my feet could not have withstood it.

Hopefully the ice is melting up there by now. We have had highs in the upper 70's or around 80 F (= 27 C) lately here in New Orleans. I am still sending songbirds north to you. We aren't getting so many of your Canadian cold fronts these days, and the TV weatherman said we probably won't get any more this spring so thanks for that. LOL

Pretty soon it will be HOT here, and humid, and I will be the one complaining and wishing for your cool fresh Canadian air.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 4/14/02 at 11:55 (079609)

OK, I give up. I don't know what they called them. I am searching my memory of my ex-husband's gross vocabulary (he was Navy) and all I can think of is some crude reference to a prophylactic. Whatever those fitted bottom sheets might have been called, I think they are a big improvement and helped me to sleep a lot better.

Thanks for the compliments on my website! I really enjoy working on it, and it's a hobby of mine. Nobody ever goes there, but I enjoy working on it anyway. I'm no artist, but this is one way I can make something I feel is 'pretty'. I like to program so I write the webpages from scratch in Notepad. I find it's more fun writing them from scratch than it would be using an html editor, and gives me more latitude so I get exactly the look that I had in mind.

Unfortunately Geocities hasn't kept up with the times, and I need more space and more bandwidth than they can supply for me for free. Recently they even eliminated file transfer using normal FTP software like WS-FTP (my favorite) so it takes forever to move files back and forth with their stupid little file transfer function. The required ad takes up the whole right hand side of the page, which is much more than previously. I've never in my life paid for webspace, though, and I'm not sure where to look for a better deal for free.

Carole C

wendyn on 4/14/02 at 13:52 (079620)

Carole, it has warmed up this week - and the snow has melted. There is more snow forecast for the end of the week though. Things are very brown and dirty - it's an icky time of year.

But, on the upside - the birds have indeed arrived. Saw a few robins this week, and one charming little bird (not sure what it was) was awake before 5:30 am the other day - singing and happy to be alive. The rest of the City, and all the other little birds were still trying to get some zzzz's - but not this him.

There's one in every bunch...!

JudyS on 4/14/02 at 18:41 (079650)

Wonderful photos again, Carole! Only a PFer could appreciate the one of the ladder......:)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/14/02 at 19:53 (079655)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 4/14/02 at 20:02 (079657)

Carole C

(I posted this before but the message board changed it and everythings all messed up! LOL)

Rich on 4/15/02 at 15:24 (079725)

Finally getting back to the computer. Had a very busy weekend. The photos are great and your website is cool! I signed your guestbook, too!

Thanks on the photo tips! I took some really great portraits this weekend of my new nephew. He was baptized on Sunday and I'm planning on doing black and white copies for his parents.

Talk soon....

Rich

Re: Rich, and Judy S. !

Carole C in NOLA on 4/15/02 at 15:41 (079731)

Thanks for signing my guest book Rich, and thanks to you too, Judy S.

Rich, I'll bet those baptism portraits of your new baby nephew are adorable. Also, I'll bet you'll be running around pain-free by the time he needs a loving Aunt to help chase after him! :)

Carole C

BrianG on 4/16/02 at 12:00 (079834)

Fart sacks !!! :*)

When my ship crossed the international date line, a lot of us had to go through an initiation deal. First, everyone (excpet the captain) had their heads shaved, in different, very weird patterns. Next, the old timers took about 8 fart sacks and cut open the closed end. Then they sewed them all together, forming a long tunnel. Into that tunnel from hell they put: 5 day old garbage, grease, and some motor oil. The captain got to crawl through first. Very fortunate to be first. Plus they went easy on him with the fire hoses (whipping us)! I was one of the newest guys, so I was near the back of the line. The bad deal about being last, is that a lot of guys had already vomited inside that tunnel!!! Oh ya, it was the south pacific, so it was probably 95 degrees, hahahaaaa.

The first guys were also lucky, as they got to jump overboard, to clean up. It was only a matter of time before the sharks showed up, so the rest of us had to clean up on board. Not only did we have to try and get clean in the shower, we also had to make sure it was sparkling clean for the next poor bast*rd! I used to have the card, proving I had crossed over. Now I can't even remember what the event was called :*)

BrianG, the old salt

Carole C in NOLA on 4/16/02 at 14:17 (079855)

It's been a long time since I crossed the International Date Line too. The newbies are called Pollywogs, and those who've been through the initiation are Shellbacks, as I recall. I used to have a certificate but I lost it several decades back.

I was just five years old when I crossed the International Date Line for the first time. I was blindfolded and given cold spaghetti noodles to eat, but they told me I was having to eat worms. I believed it! I was SO grossed out. (grin)

Carole C

BrianG on 4/16/02 at 19:48 (079904)

I guess we were both pretty grossed out!! Maybe time to end this thread? hahahahaaaa
Oh, the memories........ :*)