Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sketchers

Posted by Nicole K. on 4/11/02 at 12:12 (079256)

My Pod just told me today that they are very good shoes in terms of stability. What are your thoughts on Sketchers? Is my Pod crazy or what?

Re: Sketchers

Rich on 4/11/02 at 12:35 (079259)

Haven't tried them but I did see a very cute Sketcher sandal with a nice gel section in the center of the heel. Looked nice and soft, wish I was ready for a pair of sandals!!! :(

Carl on 4/11/02 at 14:06 (079289)

I happen to love my Sketchers but do not feel they provide all that much arch support or cushioning (at least not the pair I have). I replaced the factory insoles with a pair of Ortho-Dynamics pre-molded orthotics.

Barbara S. on 4/11/02 at 14:43 (079297)

Hi I have tried on Sketchers in the stores,because I also like how some look,but I think they are the most uncomfortable shoe I've ever tried on.No support at all.Barbara S

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/11/02 at 21:42 (079362)

Barbara:

Good point. They are well constructed but do not offer much support. Lack of support is often an important issue with plantar fasciitis sufferers.
Ed

monte on 4/12/02 at 08:23 (079396)

Here is my 2 cents. I was wearing Sketchers sneakers and casual shoes when I started to develop PF. Until then, I never wore any inferior shoe or sneaker in my life. My mom had taught me to always buy good shoes. I bought these because they were on sale and I had a party to go to. Then I started to wear the shoes to work everyday and wore the sneakers to the gym and ran in them. I think these sneakers and shoes played a part in my PF development. They do not offer any support whatsoever.

Peggy P. on 6/21/02 at 22:23 (088267)

I have morton's neuroma and wearing my sketchers with an ortha heel orthotic. They seem to be comfortable but I had to take out the insole. I hope I don't develop PF rom them. Not sure. Do you think there is a better sneaker to were with a neuroma? My Pod also said they have a stable sole.

Rich on 4/11/02 at 12:35 (079259)

Haven't tried them but I did see a very cute Sketcher sandal with a nice gel section in the center of the heel. Looked nice and soft, wish I was ready for a pair of sandals!!! :(

Carl on 4/11/02 at 14:06 (079289)

I happen to love my Sketchers but do not feel they provide all that much arch support or cushioning (at least not the pair I have). I replaced the factory insoles with a pair of Ortho-Dynamics pre-molded orthotics.

Barbara S. on 4/11/02 at 14:43 (079297)

Hi I have tried on Sketchers in the stores,because I also like how some look,but I think they are the most uncomfortable shoe I've ever tried on.No support at all.Barbara S

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/11/02 at 21:42 (079362)

Barbara:

Good point. They are well constructed but do not offer much support. Lack of support is often an important issue with plantar fasciitis sufferers.
Ed

monte on 4/12/02 at 08:23 (079396)

Here is my 2 cents. I was wearing Sketchers sneakers and casual shoes when I started to develop PF. Until then, I never wore any inferior shoe or sneaker in my life. My mom had taught me to always buy good shoes. I bought these because they were on sale and I had a party to go to. Then I started to wear the shoes to work everyday and wore the sneakers to the gym and ran in them. I think these sneakers and shoes played a part in my PF development. They do not offer any support whatsoever.

Peggy P. on 6/21/02 at 22:23 (088267)

I have morton's neuroma and wearing my sketchers with an ortha heel orthotic. They seem to be comfortable but I had to take out the insole. I hope I don't develop PF rom them. Not sure. Do you think there is a better sneaker to were with a neuroma? My Pod also said they have a stable sole.