Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

thanks guys ;) re family friends

Posted by lisa k on 4/11/02 at 18:00 (079328)

it was sooo helpful to hear the messages and info you shared, I dont feel alone anymore and would like to stay in contact ......yeah right now i flip back and forth between being angry and depreddes, a friend suggested to not think to far ahead just stay in the day and realize people DO get better the waiting for my insurance and not knowing what else to do and my teens anger is the hardest .....im going for a 2nd opion and also wanted to ask if anyone knows about ' taping' and or has had endoscoppic surgery , im thinking maybe my insurance company would agree to that quicker....in mind set know where ijust want surgery or ssomething to DO that is an attempt to heal my foot also weight gain is a concern , faith and paitence faith and more paitence we caan heal and get thru the difficulties of this very stubborn problem I'll be emaailing you soon val thanks again and have a great day

Re: thanks guys ;) re family friends

Sharon W on 4/12/02 at 03:45 (079385)

Lisa,

As far as taping is concerned, read 'The Heel Pain Book' (on this website).

Faith and patience. Yeah, that's a tough one. I couldn't sleep tonight, because my foot is bugging me too much -- burning, mostly. It happens pretty often... I'm sure it is MUCH easier to be consoled that 'faith and patience' will bring relief, if you are NOT the person awake in the middle of the night with foot pain!

But I am very glad if the responses and info you got on this message board helped to make things a little easier for you. I understand very well about anger and depression -- and hope and disappointment. I think we probably all struggle with them, at one time or another...

-- Sharon

BrianG on 4/12/02 at 11:04 (079427)

Hi Lisa,

I'm one of the many people that Endocsopic surgery did not help. I would think long and hard about going that route. If you do, ask your doctor for some referrels. Talk to people that he has cured. See if your pain is anything like theirs was. Personally, I'd do anything I could to put off surgery, and wait for your chance to get ESWT treatment. It may take some patience on your part, as it's still very expensive for most people. I would even recommend pain management, if thats what it takes, while waiting for the ESWT. Good luck

BrianG

john h on 4/12/02 at 11:19 (079433)

Agree with Brian Lisa----In fact i will go further and say I would not do endoscopic if I were having surgery but elect minimal invasvie surgery. ESWT by all means before surgery.

Sharon W on 4/12/02 at 03:45 (079385)

Lisa,

As far as taping is concerned, read 'The Heel Pain Book' (on this website).

Faith and patience. Yeah, that's a tough one. I couldn't sleep tonight, because my foot is bugging me too much -- burning, mostly. It happens pretty often... I'm sure it is MUCH easier to be consoled that 'faith and patience' will bring relief, if you are NOT the person awake in the middle of the night with foot pain!

But I am very glad if the responses and info you got on this message board helped to make things a little easier for you. I understand very well about anger and depression -- and hope and disappointment. I think we probably all struggle with them, at one time or another...

-- Sharon

BrianG on 4/12/02 at 11:04 (079427)

Hi Lisa,

I'm one of the many people that Endocsopic surgery did not help. I would think long and hard about going that route. If you do, ask your doctor for some referrels. Talk to people that he has cured. See if your pain is anything like theirs was. Personally, I'd do anything I could to put off surgery, and wait for your chance to get ESWT treatment. It may take some patience on your part, as it's still very expensive for most people. I would even recommend pain management, if thats what it takes, while waiting for the ESWT. Good luck

BrianG

john h on 4/12/02 at 11:19 (079433)

Agree with Brian Lisa----In fact i will go further and say I would not do endoscopic if I were having surgery but elect minimal invasvie surgery. ESWT by all means before surgery.