Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Someone please help me!!

Posted by tim j on 4/12/02 at 10:04 (079419)

I had heal spurs surgury in sept 2001 and i have stll been having pain worse than its was before. Ive been to my doctors many times and cant get any straight answers. Finally he told me he believes that i have developed tarsal tunnel syndrome, Well I wnt to a nurologist yesterday for an emg and he told me that I dont have any nerve damage. What do I have to do to get a straight answer. In the morning I can hardly walk on it and it fells like im stepping on something all the time. Ive tried incerts, iceing, heat, tapeing, I just need some help, Can anyone help.

Re: Someone please help me!!

Carmen on 4/12/02 at 11:12 (079429)

I'm not a doctor...just a straight forward tell it like it is woman.
The first thing I would do is go BACK to that doctor that did the surgery with your EMG results and say 'I'm negative so what's YOUR next step in treating me?'
ASk for a referral, a second opinion or whatever you need to but do not let them tell you 'run around answers'.
Be firm and strong and ask for what you need.

Kathryn R. on 4/12/02 at 11:32 (079436)

Tim Oh Tim: Kathryn says God Bless You, when I went to PCP he was doc #8.
He said why do you think the other doctors didn't give you answers and he said 'Because they don't have any'. I'm not being negative but after 2 years you get discouraged. I also went to a neuroligist and had an EMG and got no answers from him either. I wish I would have broken the darn foot instead of a sprain and torn ligiment, turning out to be complete rupture of achillies tendon. My PCP said get over it and think about other things, which I do all the time.

I wish you all the best and don't take no crap. Ask questions until their sick of you. Because they got sick of me. And I'm not through yet.

Kathryn R.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/12/02 at 11:35 (079437)

Is the pain the same as what you had before the surgery/ You could be a very good candidate for ESWT. We have used ESWT for many years on failed plantar fascia releases. If you have any questions about this treatment just let me known

Re: You go, Carmen!

Rich on 4/15/02 at 11:55 (079703)

Tim...I agree with Carmen! It's your foot! Don't hesitate to be firm with the first doctor and by all means...get a second opinion if you can! Hang in there...

Rich

Carmen on 4/12/02 at 11:12 (079429)

I'm not a doctor...just a straight forward tell it like it is woman.
The first thing I would do is go BACK to that doctor that did the surgery with your EMG results and say 'I'm negative so what's YOUR next step in treating me?'
ASk for a referral, a second opinion or whatever you need to but do not let them tell you 'run around answers'.
Be firm and strong and ask for what you need.

Kathryn R. on 4/12/02 at 11:32 (079436)

Tim Oh Tim: Kathryn says God Bless You, when I went to PCP he was doc #8.
He said why do you think the other doctors didn't give you answers and he said 'Because they don't have any'. I'm not being negative but after 2 years you get discouraged. I also went to a neuroligist and had an EMG and got no answers from him either. I wish I would have broken the darn foot instead of a sprain and torn ligiment, turning out to be complete rupture of achillies tendon. My PCP said get over it and think about other things, which I do all the time.

I wish you all the best and don't take no crap. Ask questions until their sick of you. Because they got sick of me. And I'm not through yet.

Kathryn R.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/12/02 at 11:35 (079437)

Is the pain the same as what you had before the surgery/ You could be a very good candidate for ESWT. We have used ESWT for many years on failed plantar fascia releases. If you have any questions about this treatment just let me known

Re: You go, Carmen!

Rich on 4/15/02 at 11:55 (079703)

Tim...I agree with Carmen! It's your foot! Don't hesitate to be firm with the first doctor and by all means...get a second opinion if you can! Hang in there...

Rich