Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

re:pain management while waiting for eswt

Posted by lisa k on 4/12/02 at 14:05 (079445)

as in my 4/12post bottom of thread(history of what ive done so far), i am not able to walk for any length of time after 20min or so also limping. i was taking vioxx but have heard some bad information about possible side effect, my treating dr has had me stop and use ibuprofen or alieve and or tylenol if stomach is irritated....my final cortisone shot has worn off again.............i would like to function more normally are there any other type of long acting shots or medications ?if the medication like tylenol 3 or vicadan is used could that cause damage(allergic to darvon) by not feeling the pain 'alerting me like a timer to REST and stop' , i drive a stick shift car with no power brakes - now causing pain I hate this I feel Housebound ! thanks

Re: re:pain management while waiting for eswt

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/12/02 at 14:51 (079451)

I would place you in a boot cast. Have they ordered an mri to rule any stress fracture of tendon tears?

lisa k on 4/12/02 at 15:06 (079454)

no i have not had an mri just xrays/can an mri show more? thanks

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/12/02 at 15:30 (079459)

If you are limping all the time and in so much pain you want to rule out a stress fracture of the heel pain. An mri can also show any damage to the ankle joint surface any of the tendons such as the posterior tibial tendon
will take a look at the ankle ligament. The real reason is I want to make sure you don't have a stress fracture

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/12/02 at 14:51 (079451)

I would place you in a boot cast. Have they ordered an mri to rule any stress fracture of tendon tears?

lisa k on 4/12/02 at 15:06 (079454)

no i have not had an mri just xrays/can an mri show more? thanks

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/12/02 at 15:30 (079459)

If you are limping all the time and in so much pain you want to rule out a stress fracture of the heel pain. An mri can also show any damage to the ankle joint surface any of the tendons such as the posterior tibial tendon
will take a look at the ankle ligament. The real reason is I want to make sure you don't have a stress fracture