Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

eswt

Posted by lisa k on 4/12/02 at 14:09 (079447)

my patient info sheet says treating dr uses 1500? im not sure what that means. it is an fda approved machine, my insurance has been terrific so far paid 100 percent of cutom othodics and night splint and 2- PTs /what is the general opinion of insurance companies on aprroving eswt? thanks

Re: eswt

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/12/02 at 14:49 (079450)

1500 is the number of shocks that is delivered to the treatment site ( your foot)/ What is the name of your insurance I may be able to tell you my experience with coverage

lisa k on 4/12/02 at 15:04 (079453)

healthlink ppo thanks dr z. for the info

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/12/02 at 15:36 (079461)

I am not familiar with Healthlink PPO. Where do you live? Are they part of Blue Cross Blue Shield of any state. The first good thing is they aren't an HMO . Some insurances will pay for the doctor portion of the procedure but won't pay for any part of the ASC fee. So if your insurance company denies ESWT ask to make sure that they are only talking about the hospital portion. Why is this important well dornier is doing ESWT in other sites besides hosptization. We do our procedure in a mobile office.

We have found that ESWT doesn't have to be done in any hospital setting or under any IV/general anesthesia. We have done well over one thousand ESWT procedure with any IV sedation or the need for any use of an ASC

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/12/02 at 14:49 (079450)

1500 is the number of shocks that is delivered to the treatment site ( your foot)/ What is the name of your insurance I may be able to tell you my experience with coverage

lisa k on 4/12/02 at 15:04 (079453)

healthlink ppo thanks dr z. for the info

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/12/02 at 15:36 (079461)

I am not familiar with Healthlink PPO. Where do you live? Are they part of Blue Cross Blue Shield of any state. The first good thing is they aren't an HMO . Some insurances will pay for the doctor portion of the procedure but won't pay for any part of the ASC fee. So if your insurance company denies ESWT ask to make sure that they are only talking about the hospital portion. Why is this important well dornier is doing ESWT in other sites besides hosptization. We do our procedure in a mobile office.

We have found that ESWT doesn't have to be done in any hospital setting or under any IV/general anesthesia. We have done well over one thousand ESWT procedure with any IV sedation or the need for any use of an ASC