Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My other foot

Posted by Ken A. on 4/13/02 at 18:07 (079556)

Since I have been 'forced into service' I have noticed that my 'good foot' has been giving me more trouble...As a reminder, I had TTS surgery on 2/28 and was back at work on 4/8 doing busywork the the job...My other foot has TTS too and even though I'm on cruthches, the good foot is starting to bother me more...while I was out of work i just relaxed, but with all the coming and going, i have aggrevated the foot...I know that this isnt good for me, what should I do?
PS Im still young!!!!!!!!
Ken

Re: My other foot

Missy B on 4/13/02 at 18:50 (079561)

I don't know if this would help you Ken, but when I started back to work, I took extra pairs of shoes with me and put them in my locker. I wear either a New Balance athletic shoe, a nursing style shoe, or a Birkenstock clog, and I began changing my shoes every 2 1/2 to 3 hours on the job. This has not only helped my right foot in which I had TT/PF surgery on 1/11, but I noticed that it has also helped my left foot in which I have a small degree of nerve entrapment. By changing styles, this also changes the surface pressure on my feet every few hours; they feel more energized and I can delay the onset of the achey, burning sensations I sometimes get if I am not able to sit much during my work day. Tomorrow I get casts made of my feet for my custom made orthotics. I hope once I get these, I will see more post-surgical improvement. My Pod and my physical therapists seem to think that I will.
Please hang in there and remember to stay off the foot every chance you get for these first few months.

Re: My other foot

Missy B on 4/13/02 at 18:50 (079561)

I don't know if this would help you Ken, but when I started back to work, I took extra pairs of shoes with me and put them in my locker. I wear either a New Balance athletic shoe, a nursing style shoe, or a Birkenstock clog, and I began changing my shoes every 2 1/2 to 3 hours on the job. This has not only helped my right foot in which I had TT/PF surgery on 1/11, but I noticed that it has also helped my left foot in which I have a small degree of nerve entrapment. By changing styles, this also changes the surface pressure on my feet every few hours; they feel more energized and I can delay the onset of the achey, burning sensations I sometimes get if I am not able to sit much during my work day. Tomorrow I get casts made of my feet for my custom made orthotics. I hope once I get these, I will see more post-surgical improvement. My Pod and my physical therapists seem to think that I will.
Please hang in there and remember to stay off the foot every chance you get for these first few months.