Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Need recommedations for shoes

Posted by LHolland on 4/15/02 at 12:03 (079704)

Hi everyone..

I have been suffering with PF for about 9 months, and thanks to this website bought a pair of Dansko, and Birkenstock shoes, and now my foot is 95% better.

Now that I'm so much better, I really want to walk more. When I do it in my Danskos they seem just to hard. I don't really mean walking just for exercise. Mostly just everyday life. I think what would be good for me is a pair of Dansko clogs with some padding. Is there such a thing?

Any help is truly appreciated.

Thanks so much for this website.

Lalon

Re: Need recommedations for shoes

Carole C in NOLA on 4/15/02 at 15:34 (079727)

I haven't ever seen a padded Dansko, but they might exist for all I know.

Maybe you could put an insert in your Dansko's or in some other shoe to act as a cushion. A lot of people like to wear running shoes for their daily life, especially New Balance but also Brooks, Asics, and other brands, with over the counter or custom orthotics. An OTC orthotic is sold on this site that some people seem to like, and I think it's called Superfeet. Some people like the Birkenstock insert (the blue one). I haven't tried either.

Congratulations on getting 95% better! You are nearly there. I hope you find a comfortable shoe soon. You may have to try several. For a while, I was buying so many shoes I felt like Imelda Marcos, but I found that SAS shoes work for me and I can wear them comfortably. A lot of people feel that New Balance is the shoe for them.

Carole C

JudyS on 4/16/02 at 09:20 (079810)

L Holland - I like Dansko's a lot but I find that for everyday use two other brands of clogs are terrific (I have very high, rigid arches)..those are Clarks and Josef Siebel. I'm able to function reasonably well around the house or shopping in those.

Carole C in NOLA on 4/15/02 at 15:34 (079727)

I haven't ever seen a padded Dansko, but they might exist for all I know.

Maybe you could put an insert in your Dansko's or in some other shoe to act as a cushion. A lot of people like to wear running shoes for their daily life, especially New Balance but also Brooks, Asics, and other brands, with over the counter or custom orthotics. An OTC orthotic is sold on this site that some people seem to like, and I think it's called Superfeet. Some people like the Birkenstock insert (the blue one). I haven't tried either.

Congratulations on getting 95% better! You are nearly there. I hope you find a comfortable shoe soon. You may have to try several. For a while, I was buying so many shoes I felt like Imelda Marcos, but I found that SAS shoes work for me and I can wear them comfortably. A lot of people feel that New Balance is the shoe for them.

Carole C

JudyS on 4/16/02 at 09:20 (079810)

L Holland - I like Dansko's a lot but I find that for everyday use two other brands of clogs are terrific (I have very high, rigid arches)..those are Clarks and Josef Siebel. I'm able to function reasonably well around the house or shopping in those.