Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My Surgery Results

Posted by Tracy C on 4/15/02 at 15:51 (079734)

I regret not to have written sooner, but isnt' that always how it is with these things.

Dr. Zuckerman, I just want to say thank you. I came to you and had treatment done last June. I was in a lot of pain after the first treatment (both feet). I thought I would just die. But, I came back in a month later and you did another treatment of ESWT at a lower frequency.

It took altogether about 3 months to notice a difference. But, I was cured. The heel pain was just gone. GONE. I couldn't believe it.

The only thing that didn't go away was that if I stayed on my feet for any great lenght of time, my feet would just ache tremendously. The arches would ache, everything would ache. I keep wearing my orthotics and it helps. But, the heel pain has never returned. It is amazing. I could even get up in the morning and my feet were 100% normal.

I still have difficulty standing on my feet. We went to O.C. this weekend and now my feet hurt. They are just sore. And in the last month, I have noticed that my feet ache when I wake up in the morning also. Sometimes the pain is on the outside of the heel, not the inside. It is strange.

For the most part, I have to rate my overall pain now at 4 or 5. Should I come back in for another treatment? And since it is within a year from first treatment, will I be covered money wise? Thanks, I really am glad I spent the money, it was the best money I ever spent.

Tracy C.

Re: My Surgery Results

Pete R on 4/15/02 at 16:49 (079750)

Tracey,

V interested in what you say given I'm considering ESWT. How long now can you stand before pains sets in, does it hurt when you actually walk ?

I hope your recovery continues, it gives me some hope !

Interested to see what Dr Z says

Tracy C on 4/16/02 at 15:21 (079862)

Yes, it hurts now. It isn't as bad as it was before ESWT. For at least 3 or 4 months, I was pain free. I would pay for that!

But, I am having some pain returning.

Good luck, I recommend the treatment. And the staff treats you like gold. :)

Re: Dr. Zuckerman, Please READ!!!!

Tracy C on 4/16/02 at 15:22 (079863)

Dr. Zuckerman, please read my first post about surgery results. I await your response.

Thanks!

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/16/02 at 17:15 (079870)

If there is still pin point insertional pain. Let retreat. E-mail (email removed) and tell them I would you set up for a retreatment ( is that a word ) My new e-mail is footcare@comcast.net

Tracy C on 4/17/02 at 12:04 (079987)

Thanks, will do!

Pete R on 4/15/02 at 16:49 (079750)

Tracey,

V interested in what you say given I'm considering ESWT. How long now can you stand before pains sets in, does it hurt when you actually walk ?

I hope your recovery continues, it gives me some hope !

Interested to see what Dr Z says

Tracy C on 4/16/02 at 15:21 (079862)

Yes, it hurts now. It isn't as bad as it was before ESWT. For at least 3 or 4 months, I was pain free. I would pay for that!

But, I am having some pain returning.

Good luck, I recommend the treatment. And the staff treats you like gold. :)

Tracy C on 4/16/02 at 15:22 (079863)

Dr. Zuckerman, please read my first post about surgery results. I await your response.

Thanks!

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/16/02 at 17:15 (079870)

If there is still pin point insertional pain. Let retreat. E-mail (email removed) and tell them I would you set up for a retreatment ( is that a word ) My new e-mail is footcare@comcast.net

Tracy C on 4/17/02 at 12:04 (079987)

Thanks, will do!