Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Acute, chronic PF

Posted by David G. on 4/15/02 at 16:55 (079754)

I've been suffering for over 20 years. Surgery, etc... done EVERYTHING. Stumbled on Seaver's disease. Anyone ever hear of it in an adult? Could it cause PF for this extended period of time. I first got PF when I was 15.

Re: Sever's Disease

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/15/02 at 18:59 (079769)

Sever's disease is an inflammatory process of the growth plate in the back of the heel. A large part of my practice is pediatrics so I treat a lot of it.

It is not possible to have Sever's disease once the growth plate is closed (age 13 to 14).

It is unusual to have PF at age 15. What has been done to diagnose your problem?
Ed

David G. on 4/16/02 at 08:40 (079806)

I've done everything!!!!!1 2 epf's on my right foot, one on my left. NSAID's up the wazoo. Cortisone shots, night splints, PT, ibruprofen cream. MRI's show nothing. It's really a pleasure.

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/15/02 at 18:59 (079769)

Sever's disease is an inflammatory process of the growth plate in the back of the heel. A large part of my practice is pediatrics so I treat a lot of it.

It is not possible to have Sever's disease once the growth plate is closed (age 13 to 14).

It is unusual to have PF at age 15. What has been done to diagnose your problem?
Ed

David G. on 4/16/02 at 08:40 (079806)

I've done everything!!!!!1 2 epf's on my right foot, one on my left. NSAID's up the wazoo. Cortisone shots, night splints, PT, ibruprofen cream. MRI's show nothing. It's really a pleasure.