Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Follow up results of ESWT

Posted by Pete R on 4/16/02 at 15:53 (079867)

80% success rate is often quoted for this treatment which is great.

I understand this treatment is pretty new but is there any research of the short term effects over say, 2 years ?

Do the initially successful treatments remain pain free or are problems encountered after a few months (like Tracy C on this board).

I understand previously there was a specific place where ESWT patients could post there post treatment comments, can this now be re-introduced given the popularity of the treatment ?

Re: Follow up results of ESWT

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/16/02 at 17:16 (079871)

Yes I would love to have this board again I will post all of my Dornier Epos treatment just like I did with the orbie

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/16/02 at 17:18 (079872)

Here is what I have found . Some cures will return usually in a new different band of the plantar fascia. Is this considered a failure. I am not sure but you can injure a new band.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/16/02 at 17:16 (079871)

Yes I would love to have this board again I will post all of my Dornier Epos treatment just like I did with the orbie

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/16/02 at 17:18 (079872)

Here is what I have found . Some cures will return usually in a new different band of the plantar fascia. Is this considered a failure. I am not sure but you can injure a new band.