Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hi Everyone , just checking in

Posted by Laurie R on 4/16/02 at 23:19 (079942)

HI Everyone , I have been still reading the borad everyday , but have not had very much time to post. I wanted to post a quick note to say hi to all my wonderful friends ....
Well I have three weeks till my surgery . It will be on May 7 th . Guess what and this may come as a big surprize with thoes of you that have gotten to know me . I have zero anxiety so far towards my surgeries .. I still can't believe it sometimes. Now if this was a few months ago I would be making myself crazy and getting worse with each day that comes closer to my date...

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have been so busy with the kids and other things ... My RSD pain is back :( but I am trying not to let it bother me . All in all I am just enjoying life each day as it comes...

I wish the best to all....
Much love , Laurie R

Re: Good! A calm and mellow attitude sure beats worrying. :)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/17/02 at 06:58 (079951)

Good, I'm glad you are feeling so calm and mellow about your surgeries! It makes sense, because (with any luck) you will be doing better after these surgeries.

'One day at a time' sounds like your philosophy and it is a good one for anyone with a long lasting medical condition when you don't know when or if it will end or improve. Otherwise a person can just drive themselves up the wall and it doesn't get us anywhere to worry about an uncertain future. I learned this with another medical condition but it applies to many foot problems too!

Carole C

Re: Hi Everyone , just checking in

SteveP on 4/17/02 at 19:47 (080046)

Laurie ---

Good for you! Keep hanging in there & before you know it you'll be recovering & feeling better.

We're all with you!

Steve

linda a on 4/17/02 at 21:22 (080055)

laurie ---- you give me such incredible strength to fight for my job . each time you go for another epidural / spinal injection to fight that terrible disease of RSD i draw from your courage . now i don't want to leave the others out of the picture . everyone here on this site offers so much from courage to keep fighting , to the simple act of listening , and then there is that awsome wisdom that is shared . linda (Ky)

Necee on 4/17/02 at 23:12 (080073)

Hi Laurie,
I just love reading about your possitive outlook, towards life and your impending surgery.
Keep up the spirit friend!!
Love,
Necee

Laurie R on 4/17/02 at 23:45 (080076)

Wow , Thank you all so very much .... I tell ya , I have no clue what I would of done without the support and love I have gotten from this board... Linda you hang in there and don't ever give up .... Necee , I hope you got the card I sent you tonight .. ....

Much love to all , Laurie R

Re: Good! A calm and mellow attitude sure beats worrying. :)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/17/02 at 06:58 (079951)

Good, I'm glad you are feeling so calm and mellow about your surgeries! It makes sense, because (with any luck) you will be doing better after these surgeries.

'One day at a time' sounds like your philosophy and it is a good one for anyone with a long lasting medical condition when you don't know when or if it will end or improve. Otherwise a person can just drive themselves up the wall and it doesn't get us anywhere to worry about an uncertain future. I learned this with another medical condition but it applies to many foot problems too!

Carole C

SteveP on 4/17/02 at 19:47 (080046)

Laurie ---

Good for you! Keep hanging in there & before you know it you'll be recovering & feeling better.

We're all with you!

Steve

linda a on 4/17/02 at 21:22 (080055)

laurie ---- you give me such incredible strength to fight for my job . each time you go for another epidural / spinal injection to fight that terrible disease of RSD i draw from your courage . now i don't want to leave the others out of the picture . everyone here on this site offers so much from courage to keep fighting , to the simple act of listening , and then there is that awsome wisdom that is shared . linda (Ky)

Necee on 4/17/02 at 23:12 (080073)

Hi Laurie,
I just love reading about your possitive outlook, towards life and your impending surgery.
Keep up the spirit friend!!
Love,
Necee

Laurie R on 4/17/02 at 23:45 (080076)

Wow , Thank you all so very much .... I tell ya , I have no clue what I would of done without the support and love I have gotten from this board... Linda you hang in there and don't ever give up .... Necee , I hope you got the card I sent you tonight .. ....

Much love to all , Laurie R