Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Asking again?

Posted by Rich on 4/17/02 at 08:56 (079962)

Is plantar fasciitis and plantar fascial fibromatosis the same thing? My doctor said I had plantar fasciitis, but my diagonis on an invoice from physical therapy says plantar fascial fibromatosis. I did an MSN search and see that the fibromatosis is small nodules and my therapist commented when 'scraping' my feet on the amount of 'bumpy scar tissue' all along the arch and heel area that he was trying to break up.

Re: Asking again?

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/17/02 at 12:35 (079994)

I am not Dr. C but hopefully you will accept my answer. Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the plantar fascia. Plantar fibromatosis is different, involving the formation of nodules on the plantar fascia. Plantar fibromatosis is treated differently. Use the search feature to look at some of my posts on this subject. It is not uncommon to have both.
Dr. Ed Davis

Re: Thanks, Dr. Ed!

Rich on 4/17/02 at 14:56 (080017)

Thanks, Dr. Ed! I will try the search.

Re: Asking again?

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/17/02 at 12:35 (079994)

I am not Dr. C but hopefully you will accept my answer. Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the plantar fascia. Plantar fibromatosis is different, involving the formation of nodules on the plantar fascia. Plantar fibromatosis is treated differently. Use the search feature to look at some of my posts on this subject. It is not uncommon to have both.
Dr. Ed Davis

Re: Thanks, Dr. Ed!

Rich on 4/17/02 at 14:56 (080017)

Thanks, Dr. Ed! I will try the search.