Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

hi guys good to read your messages new stuff my foot

Posted by lisa k on 4/17/02 at 19:13 (080041)

hope all of you are well , had an mri so glad finaly pod ordered one to rule out stress fracture and tears of tendon/now in a ''cam' walking boot helps alot ,but when i overdid it some throbbing pain again at night IN BED ,also familly sistuation improving -as far as my son aand husband not being angry at me -and me not being angry at me- i've had bad feet since childhood ,this is kinda to me like a scietific law of nature-at 37 chronic problems developing..... that require whos knows what, the one thing i am learning is this is goin to take a while -- a friend suggested just thinking about 'well ok TODAY this is how my foot is and this is how i feel and this is what the dr said to do......just for this day' it helps to think about it that way feet do eventually heal with care and patince (sometimes i hate that lil word) surprised mri takes full hr just for a foot ........get the results soon be back then WE will HEAL ,LUV LISA k

Re: hi guys good to read your messages new stuff my foot

Rich on 4/18/02 at 07:33 (080100)

Hi Lisa,

Glad you got your mri done, and yes it takes longer than you would think. A friend came with me when I got mine done and at one point she told me I dozed off and started snoring! Luckily is was only briefly! How embarrasing! LOL

I'm in the cam walker too! How fun! I'm 35 and never had foot problems before. I am learning not to look too far ahead and take this one day at a time. Your friend sounds supportive. We have to be patient and take it slow, this will not heal overnight.

I will probably have to wear this boot for several more weeks and I keep thinking that school will be out in just a month! Want to rush, but don't want to reinjure and be stuck back at square one for the summer.

Good luck and Have a Great Today!
Rich

Carmen on 4/18/02 at 07:35 (080102)

Yes Lisa...One day at a Time applies to everything that can be hard to handle...

Diane O. on 4/18/02 at 11:04 (080128)

Sorry to interupt this conversation and sort of change the subject. I have seen Cam walker mentioned several times but have no idea what it is. Im sure it is on this website somewhere. Can someone explainÉ
Thanks, Diane O.
ps: still havent fixed keyboard and I also think it is kinda funny
Maybe Ièll leave it like that so you all know itès me LOL

Re: Cam Walker

Rich on 4/18/02 at 16:00 (080177)

My cam walker is a removable walking cast. It has an inner soft liner which velcros over the toe area and up the front of the leg. The foot is rigid and has a rocking non slip bottom, very thick padding. There are two supports that come up the sides and 5 velcro straps to secure the foot and leg. It comes almost up to my knee. And it's very heavy, makes a great leg weight! LOL Pretty much immobilizes the foot and leg in a semi-flexed position. I was walking on it at first, but now on crutches also. I much prefer this to my nightsplint!

lisa k on 4/19/02 at 01:55 (080243)

thanks Rich for uplifting and supportive comments, made my day ,on a day where i felt very confused/down after getting mri Have a great day and take care! lisa

lisa k on 4/19/02 at 01:59 (080244)

2nd that night split comment !*grin*,also when doing outside activies ,store etc thinking about crutches to avoid weight bearing after talk w/dr.

Rich on 4/18/02 at 07:33 (080100)

Hi Lisa,

Glad you got your mri done, and yes it takes longer than you would think. A friend came with me when I got mine done and at one point she told me I dozed off and started snoring! Luckily is was only briefly! How embarrasing! LOL

I'm in the cam walker too! How fun! I'm 35 and never had foot problems before. I am learning not to look too far ahead and take this one day at a time. Your friend sounds supportive. We have to be patient and take it slow, this will not heal overnight.

I will probably have to wear this boot for several more weeks and I keep thinking that school will be out in just a month! Want to rush, but don't want to reinjure and be stuck back at square one for the summer.

Good luck and Have a Great Today!
Rich

Carmen on 4/18/02 at 07:35 (080102)

Yes Lisa...One day at a Time applies to everything that can be hard to handle...

Diane O. on 4/18/02 at 11:04 (080128)

Sorry to interupt this conversation and sort of change the subject. I have seen Cam walker mentioned several times but have no idea what it is. Im sure it is on this website somewhere. Can someone explainÉ
Thanks, Diane O.
ps: still havent fixed keyboard and I also think it is kinda funny
Maybe Ièll leave it like that so you all know itès me LOL

Rich on 4/18/02 at 16:00 (080177)

My cam walker is a removable walking cast. It has an inner soft liner which velcros over the toe area and up the front of the leg. The foot is rigid and has a rocking non slip bottom, very thick padding. There are two supports that come up the sides and 5 velcro straps to secure the foot and leg. It comes almost up to my knee. And it's very heavy, makes a great leg weight! LOL Pretty much immobilizes the foot and leg in a semi-flexed position. I was walking on it at first, but now on crutches also. I much prefer this to my nightsplint!

lisa k on 4/19/02 at 01:55 (080243)

thanks Rich for uplifting and supportive comments, made my day ,on a day where i felt very confused/down after getting mri Have a great day and take care! lisa

lisa k on 4/19/02 at 01:59 (080244)

2nd that night split comment !*grin*,also when doing outside activies ,store etc thinking about crutches to avoid weight bearing after talk w/dr.