Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What now?

Posted by tim j on 4/18/02 at 10:54 (080126)

Well the continuing saga goes on. i went back to my doctor after having an emg that was negative. Im still having pain after 7 months from heel spur surgery. He tell me i have tarsal tunnel and the nurologist says i dont. The doctor just taped my foot up again and put me on neurotin , Darvocet, and naprocin. I think im ready for a second opinion or an attorney. I just wish i could find out the truth.

Re: What now?

Carmen on 4/18/02 at 11:43 (080135)

Have you taken the results in to the POD?
Have the neurologist call the Pod....if you have to.
And get another opinion...don't delay...but you're also going to have to come to terms that it's been 7 months...not a super long time with PF...time to have patience.
Hard fact but true. We have all been there...I am coming up on a year with it so I understand.
The nerve pain could be from compression from inflammation by the PF. That's always a possiblity.

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 4/18/02 at 15:28 (080165)

Hi Carmen:

Is the pain on the side of the heel where the fascia inserts. Maybe your having a true compression neuropathy of the medial calcaneal nerve. Can you describe the pain?
Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: Tim the above post is for you....

Carmen on 4/18/02 at 15:49 (080173)

Although I am curious about the answer as well Dr. C
I too have had those sensations in my feet.

Re: Stronger meds needed?

BrianG on 4/19/02 at 15:12 (080338)

Hi Tim,

You probably won't get much pain relief from the Darvocet. It has so little pain medication in it, that it should be sold OTC. For short term treatment, you should be looking for something like Percocet, or Vicodan. Just make sure you eat something before taking it, to protect your stomach. Good luck

BrianG, not a doctor

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/20/02 at 06:13 (080416)

Tim:
If you are going to take pain medications. A combination drug like Vicoprofen is Ibuprofen with Hydrocone. It has antiinflammatory properties and intense pain killing. This is soley for short term use (3-5 days). You don't want to become addicted.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Carmen on 4/18/02 at 11:43 (080135)

Have you taken the results in to the POD?
Have the neurologist call the Pod....if you have to.
And get another opinion...don't delay...but you're also going to have to come to terms that it's been 7 months...not a super long time with PF...time to have patience.
Hard fact but true. We have all been there...I am coming up on a year with it so I understand.
The nerve pain could be from compression from inflammation by the PF. That's always a possiblity.

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 4/18/02 at 15:28 (080165)

Hi Carmen:

Is the pain on the side of the heel where the fascia inserts. Maybe your having a true compression neuropathy of the medial calcaneal nerve. Can you describe the pain?
Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: Tim the above post is for you....

Carmen on 4/18/02 at 15:49 (080173)

Although I am curious about the answer as well Dr. C
I too have had those sensations in my feet.

Re: Stronger meds needed?

BrianG on 4/19/02 at 15:12 (080338)

Hi Tim,

You probably won't get much pain relief from the Darvocet. It has so little pain medication in it, that it should be sold OTC. For short term treatment, you should be looking for something like Percocet, or Vicodan. Just make sure you eat something before taking it, to protect your stomach. Good luck

BrianG, not a doctor

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/20/02 at 06:13 (080416)

Tim:
If you are going to take pain medications. A combination drug like Vicoprofen is Ibuprofen with Hydrocone. It has antiinflammatory properties and intense pain killing. This is soley for short term use (3-5 days). You don't want to become addicted.

Dr. John Cozzarelli