Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tendonitis X 2

Posted by Pam B on 4/18/02 at 19:45 (080213)

Hi docs :) Well, I had PF/partial spur excision surgery on FEB 6...I am doing ok as far as heel pain goes...at least I can walk on it now which I could not prior to surgery :) it hurts mostly when my ankle starts to hurt...I was diagnosed prior to surgery with posterior tibal tendonitis and achilles tendonitis...we believed it was due to poor walking for a prolonged period of time (6 months of tippy toeing due to severe heel pain)and hoped that the cast, boot and total rest for the better part of the first month after surgery would enable heeling...I have been stretching for about a month now to gain flexibility and it feels ok till I walk and then my ankle swells on the outside under my ankle bone, burns up the side of my leg for about 3-4 inches and pain on the inside of foot in the arch and under ankle bone...outside of ankle bone looks much larger than the other foot....they give me celebrex but it does nothing for me but upset my tummy so I stopped taking it...prior to surgery I was given Medrol dose pack and had to stop them also due to side affects...prior to surgery foot was casted x2 but tendonitis did not heal then either...my question is......how long should healing take for tendonitis considering I have been off my feet for what I consider the better part of a year???? Everyone says I am rushing this, but I have been pretty much laid up since Sept or Oct...... What do you think??????

Re: Tendonitis X 2 additional info

Pam B on 4/18/02 at 19:48 (080214)

Have also been using CAM boot as a night splint for the gentle stretch it provides.....

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/19/02 at 05:55 (080248)

Pam:

Medicine is an art. When a doc says it will take 6 months to heal these are averages. I would coninue to use the night splint and definately use an orhotic to support the medial column of your foot. You will know when it starts to feel better. If the NSAIDS upset your stomach try something like Chondrotin and Glucsamine.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Pam B on 4/18/02 at 19:48 (080214)

Have also been using CAM boot as a night splint for the gentle stretch it provides.....

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/19/02 at 05:55 (080248)

Pam:

Medicine is an art. When a doc says it will take 6 months to heal these are averages. I would coninue to use the night splint and definately use an orhotic to support the medial column of your foot. You will know when it starts to feel better. If the NSAIDS upset your stomach try something like Chondrotin and Glucsamine.

Dr. John Cozzarelli