Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Here's a question!

Posted by Carmen on 4/19/02 at 08:00 (080259)

Okay we are supposed to break in our orthotics right? An hour here an hour there....etc.
Sincewe are supposed to be 'changing the biomechanics' of our feet with these...what are we supposed to wear when we aren't wearing them?
what I mean is...you aretrying to get yourself back in line...get your feet used to walking correctly etc. When I put on the Danskos now or my birks...anything besides the orthotics my feet, hips and knees tell me to take them off pronto!
It hurts just to walk to the bathroom now.....I am assuming the orthotics are starting to 'put me back in place'?
I am new to the orthotics working...although I have had several pairs...they have all been wrong.

Re: Here's a question!

Richard, C.Ped on 4/19/02 at 08:44 (080266)

Come on over Carmen. I am only 3 1/2 hours from Atlanta. We will fix you up. :-)

Seriously....I tell people to go slow when first wearing the orthotics in order for their arches to get used to the support. Mostly, I will tell the customer to switch the orthosis with the insole that came with the shoe. I would not wear anything that hurts. You may want to try alternating the orthotics with Powersteps.
Richard

Carmen on 4/19/02 at 10:49 (080296)

I wish I could zip on over there!
Maybewhen I get my new suv, get settled in my new home in my new state I will have time!
;-)
thanks for the offer...if I go that direction any time soon you're on my list to visit.
Thanks for the response!

Richard, C.Ped on 4/19/02 at 08:44 (080266)

Come on over Carmen. I am only 3 1/2 hours from Atlanta. We will fix you up. :-)

Seriously....I tell people to go slow when first wearing the orthotics in order for their arches to get used to the support. Mostly, I will tell the customer to switch the orthosis with the insole that came with the shoe. I would not wear anything that hurts. You may want to try alternating the orthotics with Powersteps.
Richard

Carmen on 4/19/02 at 10:49 (080296)

I wish I could zip on over there!
Maybewhen I get my new suv, get settled in my new home in my new state I will have time!
;-)
thanks for the offer...if I go that direction any time soon you're on my list to visit.
Thanks for the response!