Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

more surgery!

Posted by Pam F on 4/19/02 at 10:07 (080282)

I have now been off work for 1 year. I have had a spur removal, pf release(surgery #1) tarsal tunnel, nerve entrapment release(surgery #2) now have nerve entrapment again which will be my third foot surgery!! I have had second opinions, but with the same diagnosis. Has anyone out there ever heard of this nerve entrapment occuring twice? Disability fighting with me--they think that if I can take care of my activity of daily living that I should be able to work. I have also had a thumb joint replacement two months ago on top of my foot surgery. I am beginning to know the nurses in the OR holding area by their first names!! Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: more surgery!

Carmen on 4/19/02 at 10:47 (080294)

How many second opinions?
Maybe it's time for a third before MORE surgery....?

Re: Are you sure, that seems like alot of surgerys

Tammie on 4/21/02 at 13:06 (080568)

Um I know this is none of my buisness and maybe I shouldnt give my thought but I am going to risk it in hopes that you know I care and only want the best for you and anyone else.

You have already had so much surgery are you sure you want to risk more so soon? I have been told so much lately that I to had way to much surgery and that maybe the surgeries being so close and there was pain for so long that maybe this is how the RSD starts? This is waht a ortho told me. He says I should have waited at least a good year to see if there was more healing after the first surgery, then and only then would he look into testing and deciding if a surgery would be helpful, and he said he would recomend the ESWT if I had a whatever point of pain. I think that given another chance I would have done things different, I would have seen a pain management as soon as I could not control the pain! Then with that in control I could have seen just how things werereally!Just please take care and allow yourself enough time and trial to be sure it is needed and that your body has hadd a chance to heal , if you are not sleeping or taking care of yourself and feeling pain so much your body can not heal as well. Please think about it and know that whatever you choose we are all in support of you and here ! I hope for the best outcome for you I really do !

Re: more surgery!

Carmen on 4/19/02 at 10:47 (080294)

How many second opinions?
Maybe it's time for a third before MORE surgery....?

Re: Are you sure, that seems like alot of surgerys

Tammie on 4/21/02 at 13:06 (080568)

Um I know this is none of my buisness and maybe I shouldnt give my thought but I am going to risk it in hopes that you know I care and only want the best for you and anyone else.

You have already had so much surgery are you sure you want to risk more so soon? I have been told so much lately that I to had way to much surgery and that maybe the surgeries being so close and there was pain for so long that maybe this is how the RSD starts? This is waht a ortho told me. He says I should have waited at least a good year to see if there was more healing after the first surgery, then and only then would he look into testing and deciding if a surgery would be helpful, and he said he would recomend the ESWT if I had a whatever point of pain. I think that given another chance I would have done things different, I would have seen a pain management as soon as I could not control the pain! Then with that in control I could have seen just how things werereally!Just please take care and allow yourself enough time and trial to be sure it is needed and that your body has hadd a chance to heal , if you are not sleeping or taking care of yourself and feeling pain so much your body can not heal as well. Please think about it and know that whatever you choose we are all in support of you and here ! I hope for the best outcome for you I really do !