Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Paula & Custon Night Splint

Posted by John h on 4/19/02 at 20:33 (080389)

paula if you find a custom night splint helps in anyway be sure and tell me because you know I try anything.

Re: Paula & Custon Night Splint

paula on 4/19/02 at 20:44 (080391)

will do john, and i'll keep you posted about the medial wedge as well. whatever that is.

Carole C in NOLA on 4/19/02 at 20:54 (080399)

John, you sound discouraged. I think I have tried a lot of stuff too along the way, too.

Here's one that I bet you haven't tried. It's one I got by chasing down an oblique reference to past posts here on the board and then customizing what was said to my lifestyle. Here goes: Try drinking three cups or more of milk a day (for the calcium, so whole, low fat, or skim will do). Or, consume other milk products as substitutes, or take Viactiv (a high quality calcium supplement). There's absolutely no reason for calcium to help heel pain but I have been doing it and I've been much more conscientious about it since I read that old post. Weight Watchers requires people over 50 and teenagers to get 1500 mg calcium anyway, and adults under 50 to have 1000 mg calcium. My feet feel better. I get my calcium in. Is there any cause and effect? I seriously doubt it, but I'm not going to stop the calcium to find out. It's become a superstition for me, and besides it's healthy. :)

Hope your feet improve this week.

Carole C

paula on 4/19/02 at 20:44 (080391)

will do john, and i'll keep you posted about the medial wedge as well. whatever that is.

Carole C in NOLA on 4/19/02 at 20:54 (080399)

John, you sound discouraged. I think I have tried a lot of stuff too along the way, too.

Here's one that I bet you haven't tried. It's one I got by chasing down an oblique reference to past posts here on the board and then customizing what was said to my lifestyle. Here goes: Try drinking three cups or more of milk a day (for the calcium, so whole, low fat, or skim will do). Or, consume other milk products as substitutes, or take Viactiv (a high quality calcium supplement). There's absolutely no reason for calcium to help heel pain but I have been doing it and I've been much more conscientious about it since I read that old post. Weight Watchers requires people over 50 and teenagers to get 1500 mg calcium anyway, and adults under 50 to have 1000 mg calcium. My feet feel better. I get my calcium in. Is there any cause and effect? I seriously doubt it, but I'm not going to stop the calcium to find out. It's become a superstition for me, and besides it's healthy. :)

Hope your feet improve this week.

Carole C