Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tendonitis

Posted by Trudy on 4/20/02 at 18:50 (080497)

I have been told I have tendonitis by my foot Doctor. I have severe pain on the inside of my right heel(where my arch and heel join).I assume this is the same thing as plantar facilitis? He said I have all the symptoms of a heel spur without the spur,my xray showed a small bump on my heel bone but not big enough to be a heel spur.I have been treated for 4 months. I have had an elastic bandage for my foot, insoles for my shoes, one shot in my heel and am now wearing a boot with velcro straps(he called it a cast).I am on my feet for at least 8 hours a day on cement floor and run up and down the stairs constantly.Currently my Dr. has taken me off work for 3 weeks because the pain was so unbearable ,I was coming home from work crying (the pain was so severe).My question is , it feels better wearing this boot and being off my feet but when I return from work , won't the same thing happen again?My foot also had shooting pains down the side of my foot while I was working.What do you think his next treatment will be?

Re: Tendonitis

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/20/02 at 20:32 (080512)

Quite possible. The idea of taking a break from work is to break the pain cylce. If pain returns it might be time to consider an occupational change. Everything your doc is doing sounds O.K.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: Tendonitis

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/20/02 at 20:32 (080512)

Quite possible. The idea of taking a break from work is to break the pain cylce. If pain returns it might be time to consider an occupational change. Everything your doc is doing sounds O.K.

Dr. John Cozzarelli