Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

other treatments?

Posted by Billy on 4/20/02 at 19:51 (080498)

Hello Doctors,

I'm 33yrs. and not overweight. I've had pf and tts symptoms for 2 years. My podiatrist believes I have some combination of PF and nerve entrapment. I'm wondering if there are any other treatments I should try. Here's a list of what I have done so far

orthotics (2 pairs), ice, rest, night splint, lots of stretching, naproxen, many different shoes (birks, motion control, etc), physical therapy, injections x2 (helped a little), ESWT, open PF release with a baxter's release.

My pain starts out small and increases the longer I am on my feet. I can't stand for more than 15-20 mins. The pain is in my heels and arches and then moves up into my ankles and calves the longer I stand. The pain is not a tingling pain but more of an ache. I also get a lot of foot cramps. NCV test found nothing wrong. Is there any thing else I should try? What about accupuncture? Help. Thanks.
Billy

Re: other treatments?

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/20/02 at 20:29 (080511)

Hey Billy:

It sounds like a definite nerve problem. I would suggest stereotactic radio frequency lesioning to stop the nerve pain.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Billy on 4/20/02 at 20:42 (080513)

I've never heard of it. What type of doctor does this procedure? Any thoughts on insurance coverage? Thank you so much for your input.

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 4/21/02 at 07:26 (080539)

I do it and some other podiatrists do it. It is covered on insurance. Some pain management doctors dot it. We can send a pmaphlet to you if you e-mail us on our web site Drfoot.tv.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

David G. on 4/22/02 at 10:32 (080643)

Billy, i have exactly the same symptoms as you, for 20 years. 3 failed surgeries too. the only thing that works for me is the painkiller Ultram. Speak to your pain neurologist about it. it's relatively non-narcotic. i've been on very hi doses and have suffered no addictive qualities whatsoever. Good luck.

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/20/02 at 20:29 (080511)

Hey Billy:

It sounds like a definite nerve problem. I would suggest stereotactic radio frequency lesioning to stop the nerve pain.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Billy on 4/20/02 at 20:42 (080513)

I've never heard of it. What type of doctor does this procedure? Any thoughts on insurance coverage? Thank you so much for your input.

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 4/21/02 at 07:26 (080539)

I do it and some other podiatrists do it. It is covered on insurance. Some pain management doctors dot it. We can send a pmaphlet to you if you e-mail us on our web site Drfoot.tv.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

David G. on 4/22/02 at 10:32 (080643)

Billy, i have exactly the same symptoms as you, for 20 years. 3 failed surgeries too. the only thing that works for me is the painkiller Ultram. Speak to your pain neurologist about it. it's relatively non-narcotic. i've been on very hi doses and have suffered no addictive qualities whatsoever. Good luck.