Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

CAROL C.

Posted by Rachael T. on 4/20/02 at 20:28 (080510)

Thanks for more info! Yes, I am still 'at work'/riding when afternoon pain hits.....I usually don't work in the mornings - working 10am or noonish - onto evenings completion time. Today, I did ibuprofin instead of vioxx - so I could 'regulate' it for myself & have a better day; as clients are here on Saturdays. Tomorrow? I shall decide then, I guess!! And, yes, I change boots thru the day a couple of times - thank goodness, I've a few prs. of riding boots! Today, I also bought a new Home Medic Massager at Walmart - & it felt good tonight after my bath!! I am sure I shall use it a few more times before bed! The weather is damp & dismal here - that may be another reason for today's pain...?? I am like most here - each time I think I've made a giant leap forward in healing - something sets me back either a little or a lot! I am appreciative today, that this was just a little. (-:

Re: CAROL C.

Carole C in NOLA on 4/20/02 at 23:20 (080526)

I'm glad today wasn't as bad as it could have been for you, and also that you can change boots during the day. It's those setbacks that really get us, isn't it.

Vioxx is a similar to Celebrex, the medication that I'm on. Celebrex apparently has a somewhat cumulative effect. It also is not safely taken with certain other pain medications. I haven't taken any other pain medications ever since I've been on Celebrex (2 years) except for one Vicodin when I had an abcessed tooth. It seems to me that you mentioned your doctor said you could combine it with Ibuprofen, though, and he would know.

That massager sounds relaxing! :)

Carole C

Re: CAROL C.

Carole C in NOLA on 4/20/02 at 23:20 (080526)

I'm glad today wasn't as bad as it could have been for you, and also that you can change boots during the day. It's those setbacks that really get us, isn't it.

Vioxx is a similar to Celebrex, the medication that I'm on. Celebrex apparently has a somewhat cumulative effect. It also is not safely taken with certain other pain medications. I haven't taken any other pain medications ever since I've been on Celebrex (2 years) except for one Vicodin when I had an abcessed tooth. It seems to me that you mentioned your doctor said you could combine it with Ibuprofen, though, and he would know.

That massager sounds relaxing! :)

Carole C